PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Olympic Decision... it's LONDON...

TheMusicMan
06.07.2005, 13:49
Wohooooo

We've done it....

London it is.....

Chunky
06.07.2005, 13:50
Absolutely fantatstic news!

Di
06.07.2005, 13:50
Great news. :clap:

The Cornet King
06.07.2005, 13:51
Absolutely amazing!! :p

That'll teach the French!!!!

Fantastic, hopefully it can do exactly what it proposed and produce a fantastic games...

2nd man down
06.07.2005, 13:57
Excellent News!!!

Lets hope we make a resounding success of it all round!!

Di
06.07.2005, 13:57
Annnnnnnnnd.

Well done John. :biggrin: See it on tMP first. :clap::clap::clap:

I just told Steve about this and he said "how do you know" and I said, "well, tMP of course"! :biggrin: BBC news website blocked up solid! Will not load. :wink::tongue:

2nd man down
06.07.2005, 13:58
someone here read it on the Sky News website just as I read it on here...it was a close run thing, but I actually think John beat them!! :biggrin:

Terrible Timp
06.07.2005, 14:01
WHOOOO !! Emley brass are more than willing to play at the opening ceremony !!!

PeterBale
06.07.2005, 14:02
Just waiting now to see how long before the reports of delays and strikes begin to come in ;)

Seriously, I hope it will turn out to be as good for London (and the rest of the UK) as predicted, and that the transport improvements in particular will be of lasting benefit - just a little apprehensive over the disruption in the meantime.

TheMusicMan
06.07.2005, 14:03
someone here read it on the Sky News website just as I read it on here...it was a close run thing, but I actually think John beat them!! :biggrin:

Mr Blair called me from Singapore immediately he heard the decision... he realises of course, that the quickest way to get news filtered around the world is to use bandspeople via the one and only tMP...:biggrin::biggrin:

super_sop
06.07.2005, 14:03
absolutely brilliant news!!!

AVE iT!!!!

brassybabe
06.07.2005, 14:04
Woo Hoo!!! It's all very exciting!! :woo

Cornishwomble
06.07.2005, 14:06
I just saw it on the telly and it was brilliant, our promo video was exceptional and the experts were saying that they reckoned our presentation this morning swung it!

We've won it now, it's going to happen, I just hope that the whingers and mud-slingers don't try and sour it. I hope that everyone gets behind it cos it's going to be one hell of an event!

TheMusicMan
06.07.2005, 14:09
You bet Roy... Ryder Cup in my home town in 2010, then Olympics in 2012... what a cracking couple of years.

WoodenFlugel
06.07.2005, 14:10
Great news this :woo

To be honest I'm a little surprised but hey we did it!! Well done Lord Coe and his team.

I just hope we can keep the inevitable cynics and critics quiet and we make this a big a success as we are capable of doing.

Now...where's that queue for the tickets to the 100m final??? :tongue:

TheMusicMan
06.07.2005, 14:13
Now...where's that queue for the tickets to the 100m final??? :tongue:

Never mind the 100M Ian... after watching the Final of the Badminton Mixed Doubles last year... never seen anything so exciting in my life.. what a corking performance. That's be the one I'd want to get tickets for...

euphfanhan
06.07.2005, 14:13
Blimey, are they mad? We had David Beckham for gods sake! Ah well, great news anyway.:clap: Although its a bit far off! I'll be 23! :eek:

Di
06.07.2005, 14:21
When are you opening up the sign up thread for the tMP band to play then John? :biggrin:

Cornishwomble
06.07.2005, 14:27
Right time to get my tickets for the Women's Gymnastics, and I'm wondering which beach will have the Volleyball!!! :biggrin:

2nd man down
06.07.2005, 14:29
Right time to get my tickets for the Women's Gymnastics, and I'm wondering which beach will have the Volleyball!!! :biggrin:

It could only be Saaaaafend couldn't it?!?

Terrible Timp
06.07.2005, 14:30

They're holding the beach volleyball at Horseguards Parade have u not been paying attention mr Taylor !!

Cornishwomble
06.07.2005, 14:31
It could only be Saaaaafend couldn't it?!?l

It could be Margate! Then they could have Chas and Dave playing "Margate" as an opener, in fact I hope they do an Olympic theme!!!

Cornishwomble
06.07.2005, 14:31
They're holding the beach volleyball at Horseguards Parade have u not been paying attention mr Taylor !!

Horseguard's? That's not a beach that's a Sandpit!

Red Elvis
06.07.2005, 14:32
Barcelona, Athens, Sydney......Hackney Wick !!!!!

Will be just down the road from Becontree , wonder whether we can get the opening ceremony gig ? !!!!

Still not entirely certain wether a good or a bad thing generally , but always a bonus to get one up on the French !!!

Terrible Timp
06.07.2005, 14:33
Horseguard's? That's not a beach that's a Sandpit!

NO BUT IT'S CLOSE !!

Cornishwomble
06.07.2005, 14:36
NO BUT IT'S CLOSE !!

So is Margate, and the competitors can wear "Kiss me Quick" hats and the fish and chips and jellied eels will be cheaper!!

brass journo
06.07.2005, 14:43
glad to see that the United Co-op Yorkshire Brass Band's promotion of London 2012 in Singapore and NZ paid off as well as our signing of the officials London 2012 flags!!!

It must have been the comments of Kaffster and Wan were here across the centre of the flag, though our solo uph player Ben (affectionately known as Jesus for his remarkeable resemblance to the great man) thinks we won because no other country had Jesus sign there flag!!!

rock on - here's to London 2012!!

Andy_Euph
06.07.2005, 14:44
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

C'MON BRITIAN!

Fantastic news and great to see us getting a massive event....plus we've stitched up the French again!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Laserbeam bass
06.07.2005, 14:49
East East East London
East East East London
East East East London
East East East London
East East East London
East East East London
East East East London
East East East London
East East East London
East East East London
East East East London
East East East London
East East East London
East East East London
East East East London
East East East London

Football tournament to be held jointly by The Boleyn Ground ( see Upton Park and common misconception of West Ham's ground name for explanation ) and Brisbane Road (Leyton Stadium)

J/K

PeterBale
06.07.2005, 14:52
Football tournament to be held jointly by The Boleyn Ground ( see Upton Park and common misconception of West Ham's ground name for explanation ) and Brisbane Road (Leyton Stadium)

J/KIs it called that because they all run around as it they've lost their heads :?: ;) :D

TheMusicMan
06.07.2005, 14:52
Just heard that the official location for the cycling events is in the top UK Velodrome... in Newport... wohooooo:)

http://www.newportphoenix.co.uk/images/velo_outside.gif

Laserbeam bass
06.07.2005, 14:54
Just a little bit of humour to add to the celebrations.

Send text at 12.47 to Will the Sec explaining that Paris got the nod.
Try and send second text explaining that it was in fact London from 12.47:30 onwards. Network jammed out with texts flying around.
Ring him at 12.55 explaining that I was joking and that it was in fact London.
Get berated as he had told the whole of his work cafeteria that Paris had got the games http://tcwozere.co.uk/smileys/roflmao.gif

Laserbeam bass
06.07.2005, 14:54
Just heard that the official location for the cycling events is in the top UK Velodrome... in Newport... wohooooo:)

http://www.newportphoenix.co.uk/images/velo_outside.gif

Why would they be building a 25 million Velodrome in London, if that was the case??????????????????

TheMusicMan
06.07.2005, 14:56
Only reporting what I heard... :)

Di
06.07.2005, 15:03
Just a little bit of humour to add to the celebrations.

Send text at 12.47 to Will the Sec explaining that Paris got the nod.
Try and send second text explaining that it was in fact London from 12.47:30 onwards. Network jammed out with texts flying around.
Ring him at 12.55 explaining that I was joking and that it was in fact London.
Get berated as he had told the whole of his work cafeteria that Paris had got the games http://tcwozere.co.uk/smileys/roflmao.gif

Thats nasty. :eek: He should bring you up before Judge John! :rolleyes:

2nd man down
06.07.2005, 15:07

She's at it again!!!!!!

fitzy
06.07.2005, 15:25
Well done London. I hope to see some tmpers playing at the opening ceremony!

Big Twigge
06.07.2005, 15:30
Never mind the 100M Ian... after watching the Final of the Badminton Mixed Doubles last year... never seen anything so exciting in my life.. what a corking performance. That's be the one I'd want to get tickets for...

The British guy was my Auntie's cousin apparently!
I watched the whole morning of voting, was very nerve wracking, I can't wait!
John, can we get tmp involved- it'd be great...playing just before tmp's 10th (?) birthday!

You have to feel a little for Paris though, 3 failed bids for them.

TheMusicMan
06.07.2005, 15:31
Well done London. I hope to see some tmpers playing at the opening ceremony!

Believe it or not Fitzy, I am onto this already. Have had conversations with both the BOA and London2012. They loved the idea and want me to put things in writing and contact again shortly.

How's that for quick then...:)

Big Twigge
06.07.2005, 15:35
Believe it or not Fitzy, I am onto this already. Have had conversations with both the BOA and London2012. They loved the idea and want me to put things in writing and contact again shortly.

Wow John, you really do provide a first class service - truly impressed as ever!

2nd man down
06.07.2005, 15:38

Pencil me in John...I'll be 2nd really old bloke down by then of course!

Big Twigge
06.07.2005, 15:41
Pencil me in John...I'll be 2nd really old bloke down by then of course!
I'll be nearly 30.... Oh my, going to go and have a lie down!!
Just spoken to my friend who was in Trafalgar Square when the bid was announced, he said it was amaazzzing!

2nd man down
06.07.2005, 15:44
I'll be nearly 30.... Oh my, going to go and have a lie down!!
Just spoken to my friend who was in Trafalgar Square when the bid was announced, he said it was amaazzzing!

*trembles* I'll be 42!!! :(

michellegarbutt
06.07.2005, 15:45

I'm going to have to come up with a good cake for this one

nickjones
06.07.2005, 15:47
Can't wait to get to the trials for Olympic BMX squad....yes this might be an event for 2012..wahoooooo

TheMusicMan
06.07.2005, 15:48

I'll be that age a week Sunday... eeeeek!!!!!

Di
06.07.2005, 15:51
Yee gads John, shouldn't you be lying down taking it easy? :tongue:

postie
06.07.2005, 16:11
Very good news it just goes to show that the favourite doesn't always win. Lets hope we can produce the best games ever.

BigHorn
06.07.2005, 16:35
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

C'MON BRITIAN!

Fantastic news and great to see us getting a massive event....plus we've stitched up the French again!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Looks like we won't win the gold medal in spelling ;)

This is fantastic news - perhaps we should put a ban on young teenage kids joining brass bands for the next 7 years. We need to be training then from today to be top athletes for 2012 - and not turning them into champion boozers and smokers

Cornishwomble
06.07.2005, 16:37

It's Ok Crawf so will I, we can enter the Veterans 3 legged race!

rutty
06.07.2005, 17:03
Seen in Paris this afternoon:

http://www.davidrutt.me.uk/archives/2012.jpg

:D

Excellent news. Really pleased :)

PeterBale
06.07.2005, 17:47
Like the celebratory page-header, John ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Di
06.07.2005, 17:49
Forever on the ball is our man. :biggrin::cool:

Big Twigge
06.07.2005, 17:54
Like the celebratory page-header, John ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap:
why can't I see one of these ?

TheMusicMan
06.07.2005, 17:57
why can't I see one of these ?

Caz... I have only modified the Clean and tMP Main templates... am still working on the Default and tMP303 templates... these will be done soon too!

You may have to do a Control F5 to force a refresh of the images from the tMP server to see them.

Big Twigge
06.07.2005, 17:58
Caz... I have only modified the Clean and tMP Main templates... am still working on the Default and tMP303 templates... these will be done soon too!

You may have to do a Control F5 to force a refresh of the images from the tMP server to see them.
I saw your mistake John...but you were quick to change it ;) , I can see it now:clap:

TheMusicMan
06.07.2005, 18:16
I saw your mistake John...but you were quick to change it ;) , I can see it now:clap:

Oooh you keen eyed lassy you... well spotted. Have fixed up all the templates now with the new Olympic'ised logo...:biggrin: enjoy

ploughboy
06.07.2005, 18:29
It's all great news, It'd have been cool to be a fly on the wall at Gleneagles this afternoon with Mr Bush & Mr Shirac congratulating Tony and the country!! lol lol lol

Those poor french folk, 3 failed bids (I just dont' care!!!!! It's brilliant)

And Why can't Britain introduce Competetive banding as an olympic sport?

'Ave it!

Laserbeam bass
06.07.2005, 18:38

What has winding up my brother got to do with the tmp court????????????????

Di
06.07.2005, 18:46
What has winding up my brother got to do with the tmp court????????????????

Thats just not the sort of thing a niiiiiiiiice brother does. I think he should seek "divorce" from his family. :biggrin:;)

DublinBass
06.07.2005, 19:24

Diana and I will be happy to represent America in this INTERNATIONAL tMP band for the INTERNATIONAL Olympics!!

BTW...I like how you slipped the Welsh flag in there ;)

cornetgirl
06.07.2005, 21:02
I think John should instantly contact Lord Coe (probably very very drunken by now!) and suggest the tMP Band provide entertainment and maybe even LIVE National Anthems - I'll be happy as long as it's always 61 in the hymn book!!!

Rach x

Di
06.07.2005, 21:33

Already taken care of Rach. :cool:

LeDragon
06.07.2005, 21:45
Diana and I will be happy to represent America in this INTERNATIONAL tMP band for the INTERNATIONAL Olympics!!

BTW...I like how you slipped the Welsh flag in there ;)

Wales isn't represented on the union jack

Naomi McFadyen
07.07.2005, 00:08
Yes, great news... 7 years to go! :rolleyes:

PS: Where's the Scottish and Irish flags?!

TheMusicMan
07.07.2005, 01:37
Yes, great news... 7 years to go! :rolleyes:
PS: Where's the Scottish and Irish flags?!

The Union Jack is representative of the British Isles, and the Welsh Dragon represents the origins of theMouthPiece... :biggrin:

tinytimp
07.07.2005, 02:55
Why would they be building a 25 million Velodrome in London, if that was the case??????????????????

Apparently the Newport velodrome will be used only for training, as will the national pool in Swansea. Can't see many spectators travelling for 4 hours-ish to watch an event!

nickjones
07.07.2005, 09:17
Just read that the millenium stadium is going to be used for the football events...wahoooo

trevor horn
12.07.2005, 09:08
but we the tax payers will be paying for it ,yes i know there will be grants from the lottery to assist in the funding but that will probably mean cuts to all the grants brass bands get
to keep them afloat so its gonna be interesting!

brassneck
12.07.2005, 11:24
I wonder who will end up getting the commission to write the music?

WhatSharp?
12.07.2005, 13:48
Just read that the millenium stadium is going to be used for the football events...wahoooo

Wembley is getting the finals http://www.wembleystadium.com/pressbox/pressReleases/Olympics2012Win.htm

On another note (Bb?):

Whilst I was slightly pleased that we got the Olympics (even more pleased we beat Paris) it's a bit glad-and-sorry. Glad we got it, sorry we've got to pay for it.For those of us Being right out in the far west of London we'll get no benfits from the added facilities and improved transport and yet we still have to cough up in our council tax to pay for it!. That is of course if I have a house by then in 7 years time it'll probably be a runway! (but thats a different gripe). Course if I win the lottery I won't care cause I'll be in a tax haven somewhere! :D (dream on sunshine :D).

geordiecolin
12.07.2005, 21:40

As is St. James Park!! :biggrin:

I'm delighted we've got the Olympics.... loadsa planning jobs will be created as a result!! woohoo!! I'll be in the money, I'll be in the money!!

sevenhelz
12.07.2005, 22:53
hmm yes i can see some downsides to this but on the other hand... pencil me in for the celebrations, john, i'll still be in my prime at 26 :tongue::biggrin:
xx