PDA

View Full Version : Bhk (uk) Ltd Horden Band Sweeps The Board At Durham Entertainment Contest

TheMusicMan
14.06.2005, 09:25
07 June 2005
News release from Rifleman PR

BHK (UK) LTD HORDEN BAND SWEEPS THE BOARD AT DURHAM ENTERTAINMENT CONTEST

Following their success in the North of England Regional Championships at the Darlington Dolphin Centre in February, where they won a place to compete at the National Finals at the Royal Albert Hall on 15 October, the members of the BHK (UK) Ltd Horden brass band have maintained their winning streak by sweeping the board at the Durham Brass Band Entertainment contest that was held on Sunday 5 June at the Durham Light Infantry Museum.

BHK Horden won the overall competition that included winnings of £250 and the Durham County Council Shield, and they also won the Best March competition that attracted a cash prize of £20. On the individual scoring, BHK Horden’s Andrew Marsh won Best Soloist and was awarded £20. Alan Morrison, the competition’s adjudicator, praised their performance by saying it was “a well thought out programme that was well executed and directed.

Naturally delighted with their continuing success, the band’s secretary Anne Rice who lives in Easington is confident that their win at Durham bodes well for the future. She said: “The Durham contest was a new venture this year for all brass bands in this area, and our success here underpins our determination to do well at the National Finals in October which offers the top award in the country. My thanks go to all the members of the band for their hard work and commitment, and to Jim Cunningham at BHK for his company’s sponsorship.”

Ten bands took part in the competition that was held in the grounds of the Durham Light Infantry Museum at Aykley Heads, and was jointly organised by the Durham County Brass Band Association and Durham County Council. Each band performed a set of 'own choice' pieces, and entrance was free to members of the public, some of whom took the opportunity to have a picnic lunch as they listened to the music.

In addition to their success at Durham, BHK Horden has already won three acclaimed awards in the First Section brass band category at National level - the North of England Regional Championships of Great Britain, the National Championships of Great Britain and the Mineworkers Championships of Great Britain. They will next be competing at the Easingwold Marching and Deportment contest on Saturday 25 June.

Photo Credit: James Chisholm, Chisholm Imaging

Falstaff
14.06.2005, 14:08
Well done BHK! Never would have imagined you lot entering an Entertainment Contest let alone winning one! Just thought I'd pass on my 'Congrats' to one of my former bands!!

Delphman