PDA

View Full Version : Do you post from work or home

On the Horn
08.07.2003, 14:08
So how many of you banders are dodging their work load to post here or are you like me just completely lazy and post from home.

Mike Saville
08.07.2003, 14:20
This is a tricky one. I do both as I work from home!!

I post from a couple of PC's my work one and my home one!

On the Horn
08.07.2003, 14:29
Well you cant choose both - now I'm afraid I'll just have to mail this to your boss and tell him what you've been up to :twisted:

dyl
Aye, both for me too! Maybe, the options should be changed to accommodate this? :roll:

blondie
What a naughty, naughty blonde I am. :wink: I post mainly from work,(which comes under misappropriation of work property, and I could be dimissed under 'Gross Misconduct' for this. When you see 'Management' booking holidays and buying things off the net then that really annoys me. One rule for them, and another for us mere mortals.),as there's nowt else to do, and occasionally post from home. But i'm hardly ever there as I'm always playing my Bone or in a pub somewhere (usually obscure).

Cornishwomble
08.07.2003, 14:40
Because I am an extremely hard working member of Her Majesty's Armed Forces, I am of course sat on my **** at home with a cuppa with yet another afternoon off!

jinx
08.07.2003, 14:45
I post from work, but cunningly use my mates computer as she works much harder than me and never uses it and also has an office well away from the bosses! Sadly though she is moving to a new job in september so i will have to use my home computer from then. bah humbug to bosses who dont like you to doss around :?

hornblower
08.07.2003, 15:09
I post at work, as my pc at home should be a museum exhibit.... very old and slow!!!
:(

On the Horn
08.07.2003, 15:21
Ok its updated to both for the geeks who have no life.

rach marriott
08.07.2003, 15:45
I usually post from work...gives me a five minute (well deserved!!)breather! :)

rutty
08.07.2003, 16:19
Both, though mostly from work (naughty boy!).

8)

Mike Saville
08.07.2003, 16:21
Ok its updated to both for the geeks who have no life.

au contrair! We have the best of both worlds being able to excercise our tMP habit whilst getting paid :D

michellegarbutt
08.07.2003, 16:22
I actually post from the public library or my mums house. Which option do I use

sudcornet
08.07.2003, 17:12
You can't beat working from home....If I'm on site I have to be professional and presentable (I hate suits in summer), whereas, at home, supposedly writing reports, I can sit at my PC browsing tMP wearing my crusty dressing gown. (Oh, the imagery!) Working away or in the office the trusty laptop suffices to feed my addiction. It's always useful to have a business document open behind IE just in case the boss is prowling the office tho'.

Sud

rach marriott
08.07.2003, 17:31
You can't beat working from home....If I'm on site I have to be professional and presentable (I hate suits in summer), whereas, at home, supposedly writing reports, I can sit at my PC browsing tMP wearing my crusty dressing gown. (Oh, the imagery!) Working away or in the office the trusty laptop suffices to feed my addiction. It's always useful to have a business document open behind IE just in case the boss is prowling the office tho'.

Sud

Can't comment on the crusty old dressing gown... :?

However..I do always have a business document open..just in case!! he he! :lol:

PeterBale
08.07.2003, 17:54
I post mostly from the office, where I have the go-ahead to use the net providing it doesn't interfere with my work. I also try to pop into the library for an hour on Saturdays, to avoid having to much of a build-up of messages etc on Monday mornings. Last week I was off on Friday but the library computer was down, so I had 309 new posts to plough through on Monday morning!

cornetgirl
08.07.2003, 20:15
Well...I'd post from work if I could, but can you imagine the mess it would make if the drill slipped when I was laughing at the Banders Story....so home it is!

Rach x

MoominDave
08.07.2003, 20:19
Home! My concentration is poor enough as it is...

Dave

HBB
08.07.2003, 20:48
So who doesn't have a home?

I post from home - I can't stand the school computers!

Ben :)

----------

Get MSN6 - gr8 fun

<in the process of an MSN list for you mere mortals! bwahahah ... I am a god ... I can overpower children!

Naomi McFadyen
08.07.2003, 23:15
I post from home sweet home when I'm at home...
and in the library in the Adelphi Building when at uni...

Bliss!

Pythagoras
09.07.2003, 00:48
From Home. If I posted from work I would run the risk of encountering students during my 'non-contact time' (free periods), never a wise thing to do!

On the Horn
09.07.2003, 04:06
Send your students to the gas chambers while you post, it works in my universe :hammer

Valvecap
09.07.2003, 12:25
Seem to be living here at work this week so probably post from both....

groovy
09.07.2003, 21:00
From Home. If I posted from work I would run the risk of encountering students during my 'non-contact time' (free periods), never a wise thing to do!

You're a teacher? I wish one of my teachers was a bander, it would mean they had a personality, which would be a miricale!

Back on topic... :oops:

I post from home of course, as I can't at school.

picju96
10.07.2003, 12:58
There's 3 teachers in our band. None of them teach me anymore though, although one did once.

Back on topic, I post from home, as I don't go to school anymore, wuhoo!

WorldofBrass.com
10.07.2003, 13:03
I post from work as my postings ARE work!