PDA

View Full Version : NEW: tMP Launches Calendar of Events

TheMusicMan
21.03.2005, 10:50
http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/calendar.jpg tMP Launches Calendar of Events
the place to advertise your band's event!

Now that the Areas are well and truly out of the way, and the tMP Predictions Competition has closed, we feel it's time to launch the latest feature here on theMouthPiece.com - the tMP Calendar of Events.

We hope this will eventually turn out to be the place to get the dates for your banding needs! and this function will be enabled later today (21st March 2005).

As usual on tMP - this feature is completely free to use - all members can post details about their events - but we do ask you to keep them to banding events - we don't really want the calendar littered with 'My Birthday' or 'My Party' type events! To guard against this all submitted banding events will need to be validated by a member of the tMP team before they actually appear on the calendar.

The beauty of this feature is that all forthcoming events can be seen at the bottom of the main forum page as we lead up to the date - this can be particularly useful if you're looking for an event to listen to, or perhaps if ticket sales are particularly slow - the appearance of your event in the 'forthcoming events' box at tMP can only help your cause!

All event details can be posted and you will be able to include images (e.g. Concert posters) and smilies in your event details. Remember - if you wish to contribute to the substantial running costs of tMP, you are more than welcome! To contribute, please click here -> Sponsorship (http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/subscriptions.php?)

We hope you enjoy this latest feature, but please remember this calendar will not function without your support - so come on - advertise your event today!

Here's how to access the calendar link:

http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/cal.jpg

Jan H
21.03.2005, 11:07
I think the permissions aren't right yet... (I'm using "Clean")

jan_h, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

TheMusicMan
21.03.2005, 11:19
We hope this will eventually turn out to be the place to get the dates for your banding needs! and this function will be enabled later today (21st March 2005). :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

WOW you're keen Jan... soon sir, very soon...:)

Jan H
21.03.2005, 11:35
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

WOW you're keen Jan... soon sir, very soon...:)
hmm, maybe I should just read the entire news release, instead of immediately wanting to try it out :rolleyes: :biggrin:

TheMusicMan
21.03.2005, 11:38
Hehe Jan... you should be able to view it now... I have finished the setting up bit...;)

Also: can you MSN me pls...ta

tromtaff
21.03.2005, 13:08
St. Peter's Church, Thundersley, Essex

Saturday 9th April 7.30

Concert in aid of St.Peter's Church and Castle Point Training Band.

Castle Point is theborough band for Hadleigh,Benfleet and Canvery Island and would appreciate support.

TheMusicMan
21.03.2005, 13:32
St. Peter's Church, Thundersley, Essex

Saturday 9th April 7.30

Concert in aid of St.Peter's Church and Castle Point Training Band.

Castle Point is theborough band for Hadleigh,Benfleet and Canvery Island and would appreciate support.

Hi Tromtaff

You need to actually enter this into the calendar by clicking one of the links I illustrated in the above diagram/image. You can then access the tMP Event Calendar and add this event to it.

brasscrest
21.03.2005, 14:03
Kudos to John and the rest of the tMP team for implementing another great feature :clap:

mikelyons
21.03.2005, 17:15
How ****** cool is that! Fantastic stuff. Now even I can't forget to turn up for jobs, Whit Friday, Christmas, all those birthday parties.... Hmm...

:clap: :clap:
:clap: :oops: :clap:
:clap: :clap:

MRSH
21.03.2005, 17:46
Fantastic service as usual TMM.

Just one thought though - the 'Upcoming Events in Next 60 days' bit at the bottom of the page - could the events not be in chronological order??

No big deal - just might make it easier to look through them, especially when more and more events get added.

Cheers and keep up the excellent work :tup

TheMusicMan
21.03.2005, 17:46
Thanks Mike and Robert... appreciate your comments guys.

You can see a list of all the upcoming events over the next 60 days at the bottom of the main tMP forum page. I will also soon be coding a module on the main tMP Portal pages to show these upcoming events too!

Might take a week or so as I currently have a to-do list as long as the tMP "Official" West of England thread... :):)

TheMusicMan
21.03.2005, 17:49
Fantastic service as usual TMM.Many thanks... I love these positive comments... makes it all worthwhile and I for one really do appreciate them, ta! :tup

Just one thought though - the 'Upcoming Events in Next 60 days' bit at the bottom of the page - could the events not be in chronological order??

No big deal - just might make it easier to look through them, especially when more and more events get added.Done! how's that :):biggrin:

MRSH
21.03.2005, 17:56
Done! how's that :):biggrin:
Fantastic John. :clap::tup

But now I'm just being picky - :redface::redface:

On the 9th April (for example) there are 4 events (I think) - but it's quite difficult to distinguish where one event stops and the next one starts - would it be too much trouble to list the events under their own dates even if they are the same date as another event - if you get my drift.

Sorry I am just being picky - and hopefully not testing you or your patience :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers

TheMusicMan
21.03.2005, 18:04
Not being fussy at all.. it's my job to try to get what you all need here.

Hmmm... but it's not so easy this one... what I could do, is to put some graphical or textual divider between each of the same-date events to make them somewhat clearer to see where one ends and the next begins.

However, that needs to be added to the ever growing to-do list. Hope you can wait... :)

DublinBass
21.03.2005, 21:06
Is there any way to fix an incorrect event? I noticed HBB messed up and put the Hove contest on Monday March 21st and it shouldn't be there :p

It is already listed under the correct date of April 24th

dyl
21.03.2005, 21:11
Is there any way to fix an incorrect event?

Yeah - contact one of us! Event deleted! ;)

MRSH
21.03.2005, 21:34
However, that needs to be added to the ever growing to-do list. Hope you can wait... :)
Absolutely. No problem at all John.

Cheers

HBB
21.03.2005, 21:53
Is there any way to fix an incorrect event? I noticed HBB messed up and put the Hove contest on Monday March 21st and it shouldn't be there :p

It is already listed under the correct date of April 24th
Yes I mucked up!! :oops: