PDA

View Full Version : Brighouse March Contest

rickcowens
17.06.2003, 21:47
hi any one know when the brighouse march contest is? also whos going? i went 2 years ago and it was a good day out! also its a good pint at the pub on the corner!! :guiness

Roger Thorne
17.06.2003, 22:44
I'm sure its on Sunday 6th July.

:wink:

rickcowens
17.06.2003, 22:46
thanxs, whos going? any band's you know? i think where going i just didnt know the date but i do now thanxs!!

Sueee
18.06.2003, 11:49
Sellers will b there... :shock:

rickcowens
18.06.2003, 18:02
cool, so theres Hebden Bridge, sellers, ellend youth, ellend silver so far what a contest its gona be!! lol wunder what order that will be :? lol any one elss?

Sueee
18.06.2003, 18:25
Hepworth, Marsden are usually there I think?

TUBAWAY ARMY
18.06.2003, 18:43
Carlton Main Frickley should be there

Mark Bousie
19.06.2003, 00:50
[Sellers will b there...]

Check your gig list Sue! We won't be there, but the Youth Band is doing it this year so you're very much welcome to come and support!

Should be a great day, especially if the weather's good!

Mark

Sueee
19.06.2003, 12:12
[Sellers will b there...]

Check your gig list Sue! We won't be there, but the Youth Band is doing it this year so you're very much welcome to come and support!

Should be a great day, especially if the weather's good!

Mark

oops I just presumed we where hehe.. yeah i'm sure it'll b a great day :) kids will love it too bless em! they were great at Whit Friday :D

Sue 8)

SoloBaritone
19.06.2003, 13:07
COME ON HEPWORTH!!

Jayne

madandcrazytromboneguy
21.06.2003, 01:20
huddersfield brass will b at brighouse contest playin westward ho, deep harmony, and cossack, hope 2 c u all there, CliVE (2nd, "should b 1st, lol" trombone)

Roger Thorne
21.06.2003, 08:46
The official line up is:

Championship Section
Hepworth
Greggs Bakery
Lindley
Carlton Main
Wingates
Rowntrees
Marsden
Pennine Brass

1st Section
Yorkshire Co-op
Holme Silver

2nd Section
West Yorkshire Police
Elland Silver
Huddersfield Brass Ensemble

3rd Section
Hebden Bridge
Gawthorpe Brass '85 (senior)
Clifton & Lightcliffe
Royal Buckley

4th Section
Gawthorpe Brass
The Friendly Band

Youth Section
Elland Silver
Shaw Youth
Sellers International Youth
Huddersfield Youth
Clifton & Lightcliffe Youth

Adjudicators
David Read and Derek Broadbent

:wink:

Euph-Bari
21.06.2003, 18:07
just found out- ill be going helping out Elland youth
went for a bit last year for :guiness - was good

Darth_Tuba
22.06.2003, 13:21
COME ON HEPWORTH!!

Jayne

BBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRGG GGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

rickcowens
24.06.2003, 00:14
anyone seen the draw? weve been drawn 11, COME ON HEBDEN!!!!!!!!! :D

rickcowens
28.06.2003, 12:54
whats everyone playing at brighouse? where doing ORB thats all i know, lol. is there a good pub near by the contest? any good front row cornet player wana help us out? if so e mail me please

Euph-Bari
28.06.2003, 14:22
elland youth are doing march of the cobblers to march on and punchinello - neva remember the names of hyms

i've heard the black bull (think thats it - god! i should know i walk past it everyday!) is good - its opposite were the bands play

asteria
28.06.2003, 19:00
cool, so theres Hebden Bridge, sellers, ellend youth, ellend silver so far what a contest its gona be!! lol wunder what order that will be :? lol any one elss?

lol rick, for someone who depped for elland so much and lives so close you should know how to spell it! :lol:

I'll be popping home for the weekend and going along purely for the drinking! :guiness Fantastic day out, especially if the weather is as good as last year!

Helen

PS. how long has there been a McDonalds in Brighouse?! It appeared within a week i'm sure! And Tesco's too, brighouse is really going upmarket!

Euph-Bari
28.06.2003, 19:24
[
PS. how long has there been a McDonalds in Brighouse?! It appeared within a week i'm sure! And Tesco's too, brighouse is really going upmarket!

theres a McDonalds in Brighouse?!?!?! where is that?

asteria
28.06.2003, 19:33
As you take the main road from Brighouse to Baliffe Bridge (towards Bradford) it's on the left. I came home one week and it was an empty plot of land, and when i came home the following week there was a McDonalds! Quite freaky how fast it was built, they're taking over the world!! :shock:

Helen

rickcowens
29.06.2003, 10:57
lol rick, for someone who depped for elland so much and lives so close you should know how to spell it! :lol:

Sorry, lol be r8, is it cheep beer in brighouse? whats the rules for the hymn tune? does it have to be out ov the red book?

rickcowens
07.07.2003, 12:58
the full results will be on 4barsrest sumtime today i got talled yesterday! god knows how we won deportment! lol :lol: