PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the "24 Months Live" Fun Awards

TheMusicMan
19.11.2004, 23:48
http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/votebox.gif tMP Accepting Nominations for "24 Months Live" Fun Awards

OK, in true tMP tradition, here's another surprise (though several of you are perhaps already aware of these awards) and a bit of fun for you all :lol: . You may remember the 12 Months Live Awards when we had a laff and some great fun. Well as it is our 2nd birthday the time is right and I'd like to launch the tMP "24 months Live" awards.

We have 15 categories of Award this time and we want you to choose who you think should be nominated in each of the categories. Nominations will be open until Friday 3rd December and on Saturday 4th December we will close and collate the nominations and you can then vote on the top 10 nominated entries in each category up until 12:00 midday on Saturday 18th December 2004. Final results will be collated and will posted on Sunday 19th December 2004.

Here are the brief rules, same as for the "12 Months Live" awards really..... :twisted:

the Judges decision is final - judges on these awards are tMP Moderators and SiteAdmin - though the polls will determine ultimate winners...
The "24 Months Live" awards are meant as a good 'ol banding laff and a bit of fun, well a lot of fun!! - please don't be offended if you don't win.
There will be a maximum of 10 nominations entered in each category - if more than 10 nominations are received, then the award judges will determine which nominations are carried forward and entered into the final polls.
Nominations will be accepted up until Friday 3rd December - voting in online polls will commence on Saturday 4th December.
Voting will close at 12:00 midday on Sat 18th December with the results being announced and posted on tMP on Sunday 19th December
Anonymous nominations can also be made by PM to one of the judges. The judge will then enter the nominee in the category.
... and here are the categories... :o

Funniest Post - tMP Comedian Award
Funniest Thread - tMP Team Player Award (awarded to the thread starter)
Best Individual Post - tMP Post Award
Best Thread - tMP Thread Award (awarded to the thread starter)
Best Avatar - tMP Best Picture Award
Best Signature - tMP Autograph Award
Best Username - tMP Intuition Award
Person who gives most info on banding - tMP Banding Boffin Award
General favourite poster - tMP Users Choice Award
Most on topic - tMP Accuracy Award
Most sarcastic comment/user - tMP Danger Award
Person who spends most time on tMP - tMP Saddo Award
Brass CD of the Year - tMP Gramophone Award
Best new music of the last 12 months - tMP Musician Award
Band of the Year - tMP Best Band Award
You all seemed to enjoy the 12 Months Live awards and we sincerely hope you enjoy this next little bit of banding fun... enter each of the Award Category Threads to submit your nomination. Happy nominating and voting... :)

PS: Donations / Sponsorship for prizes humbly accepted :lol:

Dave Payn
26.11.2004, 03:11
Can I nominate a one off category to which there can only be one winner? I think Mr Burns here should get a 'thank you' type award all of his own for his vision, commitment and patience (!) in setting up, maintaining and improving the wonderful site that is www.themouthpiece.com Most of the other mods (rightly) have a nomination in these 'awards', so why not for its founder?

The number of members and users increases daily. It's not hard to figure out why, it's where brass players of all ages/standards/geographical location can regularly converse, have a laugh, meet up and even set up bands and ensembles based on its membership, even performing at Pontins! It's changed my 'brass' life completely and I doubt I'm the only one who can claim that. I feel I've gained friends I've never even met. Fantastic stuff, John, and thank you!

Sorry if you think I'm going all sycophantic but I think it should be said.

All those in favour.....

Regards

WhatSharp?
26.11.2004, 09:44
Aye!

WoodenFlugel
26.11.2004, 11:22
Well said Dave!! You're right of course, but can I suggest the best way for all of us to thank John is to firstly click on this link (http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10882) and pledge your support...

...and then visit here (http://www.vbulletin.nl/community/showthread.php?t=6561), register, (which only takes 5 minutes) and vote for tMP in the "vBulletin Community of the Year" awards. That way we can thank him by winning a lovely prize which will benefit us all in the long run. :)

Go on...you know you want to. I did and my life is much improved...;)

Dave Payn
26.11.2004, 13:50
Well said Dave!! You're right of course, but can I suggest the best way for all of us to thank John is to firstly click on this link (http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10882) and pledge your support...

...and then visit here (http://www.vbulletin.nl/community/showthread.php?t=6561), register, (which only takes 5 minutes) and vote for tMP in the "vBulletin Community of the Year" awards. That way we can thank him by winning a lovely prize which will benefit us all in the long run. :)

Go on...you know you want to. I did and my life is much improved...;)

Have already voted for tMP on the Community Of The Year boards ;-) About to do the other....

;)

Dave Payn
26.11.2004, 14:04
Have already voted for tMP on the Community Of The Year boards ;-) About to do the other....

;)

But unfortunately my vote seems to have disappeared! No foul play, I hope! Trying again....

Dave Payn
26.11.2004, 14:06
But unfortunately my vote seems to have disappeared! No foul play, I hope! Trying again....

Hold on a mo, why is Yahoo banned on there?? Rather b*ggers me up!

WoodenFlugel
26.11.2004, 15:03
Hold on a mo, why is Yahoo banned on there?? Rather b*ggers me up!

Dave,

What you need then is a tMP email addy!!! :p ;)

For details and other ways of supporting your favourite Brass Forum click here (http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9511)...

;)

dyl
02.12.2004, 14:45
Just a quick reminder that the nomination threads will all be closed tomorrow, so now's your last chance to get your nominations in.

dyl
03.12.2004, 12:29
Nominations threads will be closed at 2.30pm TODAY - so this really is your last chance to nominate.

dyl
03.12.2004, 15:45
Thanks for all your input. We will not be accepting any more nominations. Keep an eye out for the polls which will appear over the next couple of days.