PDA

View Full Version : New Arrangement from Cornetgirl . . .

Roger Thorne
27.05.2003, 22:13
Hi Folks,

Just to let you all know Cornetgirl
http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/avatars/3e19d65c3e70de47efbc4.jpg
(Rachel Higginson) has just had her first Brass Band Arrangement published.

I Was Glad by Charles Hubert Parry

This is Rachels first Brass Band Arrangement and has used Parry's original idea of Antiphonal Choirs. (That's the cornets stood behind the band to me and you!)

You can view and listen to the full score by clicking on the following link:

I Was Glad by Rachel Higginson (http://www.thornesmusic.freeserve.co.uk/Music%20Catalogue.htm)

Personally, I think this is an excellent arrangement from a very talented musician.
Well Done Rach! :D

Have a listen and let us know what you think.

:wink:

bagpuss
27.05.2003, 23:02
Just had a listen to this piece of music. Very, very nice piece!!!

Even though I'm a percussionist, I do appreciate a good harmony. The harmonies in this piece are outstanding, I like the use of suspensions throughout it.

I can imagine that this piece would sound wonderful in a large building such as a church etc where the full acoustics can be heard.

I don't think this piece would be 'out of reach' to any band. It would stretch players within the band and would provide a welcome change between faster pieces in a large concert. Next time you do one, can you put the choir parts in too?? I can imagine it being played along with the choir to add an extra dimension to the harmony.

Very nice piece, keep up the good work.

Le Sac Chat

Euph-Bari
28.05.2003, 00:15
I Have To Say thats nice!
(not too opinionated myself :oops: thats bout as good as you'll get from me :) )

Well done and congrats on your First published brass band arangement

Straightmute
28.05.2003, 00:57
Yes, it's very good. I've conducted Rachel's arrangement of 'I was Glad' at several concerts, both here and on tour in Germany, and it has always been very well received. It makes a thrilling finale to any concert and the antiphonal (stereo!) effect works very well indeed.

I hope that the success of 'I was Glad' will encourage Rachel to finish some more fantastic arrangements! Soon please!

D

Valvecap
28.05.2003, 09:50
Yes - Congratuations... Very fine arrangement

Keppler
28.05.2003, 12:04
mucho clappa clappa.

Congrats CG - let the royalties flow.

sparkling_quavers
28.05.2003, 13:04
ooooo well done... I like it :D

IckleSop
28.05.2003, 16:30
Weldone!!!!!

I Think its really good, and for someone that hhates all the music we play you should be flatered!!!

dyl
28.05.2003, 16:36
Congrats cornetgirl - sounds like a great arrangement.

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-033.gif

blondie
28.05.2003, 17:59
Hurrah, well done.

This is a cracking arrangement, I would like to play this at some point. I agree with Mr Bagpuss and think a church or big hall would certainly be ideal surroundings to perform this piece in.
How many more have you got in the pipeline? And how soon can you put them out?

Congratulations
Blondie

HBB
28.05.2003, 18:00
Nice one Rachel ..........

excellent ....

Keep more like that coming along ....

ben ;) :D

super_sop
28.05.2003, 18:37
what can i say that hasnt already been said......
WELL DONE

twigglet
29.05.2003, 11:05
Nice one Rachel! I love the harmony, makes it sound quite haunting, with a good acoustic it would be one of those pieces that when you play you get really into and carried away...i love it! I think Cornealia would love to play her godmummy's arrangement, so I think I will ask if Wem can buy it......plllllleeeeassssseeee??

Pythagoras
29.05.2003, 13:47
Really nice piece, and I liked the fact that it has a 2nd Euphonium part!

cornetgirl
29.05.2003, 20:53
Woweeee!!!!! Thank you everybody, I'm well chuffed!!! :oops:

It's quite exciting knowing that people like my work, and once I get a spare moment to breathe I shall be back on Sibelius arranging like there's no tomorrow. Any bright ideas for pieces let me know, I'm in the middle of a euph solo at the moment!

And I think Cornealia really should play it....goddaughterly supprt and all that!

Rach x

jfenwick
29.05.2003, 21:03
already written for brass band but I think that you should play czardas

Roger Thorne
29.05.2003, 21:15
Monti's Czardas - now there's a good solo item.

It just so happens . . . .

For your FREE solo parts click on the following link:

CZARDAS - XYLOPHONE SOLO (http://www.thornesmusic.freeserve.co.uk/Czardas%20Info.htm)

:wink:

PeterBale
30.05.2003, 08:47
Monti's Czardas - now there's a good solo item.

The question is: Is it a cut version, or is it "The Full Monti" :?: :lol: :lol: