PDA

View Full Version : tMP Brass, pole position at Easingwold!!!

Pages : [1] 2

sudcornet
27.05.2003, 09:22
I've finally got clarification about Easingwold Contest. The Contest Controller sent me the following email:-

Hi there Nigel

I have spoken to our secretary who has agreed to your playing at the above
named event, subject to the terms you laid down in your E Mail.

1. That you play first ie. at 6pm
2. That you are not considered for the prizes.

However if you wish the adjudicator could be asked to provide an adjudication
for your perusal and records if you wish to keep them.

As I said in my previous mail, I will be acting as contest controller for the
first part of the evening, so I look forward to seeing you on the day.

P. Sanderson
Webmaster YHBBA

We may have to register with the association (Would cost each player all of £2) but I'll sort that out.
So...now I need confirmation of who wants to play....You will need to get to Easingwold for around 3.00pm on the 28th of June for a rehearsal and then hopefully a bite to eat before we play at 6.00pm...uniform will be your own band's. When you reply, please state your instrument and preferred position in the band. As we are the "opening act" we would be able to field a larger than standard band if necessary, at least on the march. With any luck, this could become an annual event for tMP brass. It is a great evening out with bands playing 'til dark and the pubs and market place full of banders.
So, come on, sign up now....you know you want to.
Sud.

yorkie19
27.05.2003, 10:20
Sud,

Glad that it worked!!! I think the 'Barbarians' idea is a touch of class. Let me start the ball rolling by saying

I'll play (either Eb or Bb bass depending on who we get signed up).

Playing first means first to the bar as well. Oh the humanity!

Sam

Straightmute
27.05.2003, 11:42
Count me in.

D

yorkie19
27.05.2003, 11:52
Just a thought. Which marches are we going to play?

What about Mephi?

:evil: :twisted: :evil:

Sam

Heather
27.05.2003, 11:52
Well done with this. Hope it goes well.
Unfortunately its a bit too far away for me.

Valvecap
27.05.2003, 13:22
Do i still get to play Bass Drum????? :twisted:

Current record for car alarms set off on a march with a bass drum - 2 and a police horse.... (my WORD i have never seen a police horse bolt like that...)

sudcornet
27.05.2003, 16:06
You certainly can, Dave. (and can you beg, steal or borrow said percussive instrument as well?) I thought that may be a difficult position to fill, so I'm glad for a volunteer. Keep 'em coming gang.
Sud.

jinx
27.05.2003, 16:09
If you find me a marching side drum I will happily join in the car alarm competition (thats a drum I can carry, not one that marches itself...although that would be handy!) :wink:

sudcornet
27.05.2003, 19:23
Shouldn't be a problem, Jinx, thanks for volunteering. Who wants to further annoy the cars and horses with the cymbals?
Sud.

Wonky_Baton
27.05.2003, 20:05
I´ll play either Eb bass, euphonium or tenor trombone. Mind if it wasn´t a 6 ó´clock kick off then you´d have no hope cos I intend to get completely manure faced later on!! :lol:

Aidan
28.05.2003, 15:28
il play if i can skive a lift with someone...
where abouts is it..
il just check meh diary

yorkie19
28.05.2003, 16:19
il play if i can skive a lift with someone...
where abouts is it..
il just check meh diary

Aidan

It's about 10/15 miles north of York

Sam

michellegarbutt
28.05.2003, 16:21
I'll play baritone, I can also bring a 2nd trombone, a flugel player (who would also be willing to play backrow cornet ) and a Bb bass. He can't do the march around the square but will play the march on the stand

Darth_Tuba
28.05.2003, 17:49
I think a few of our boys will be able to get over there as we have no jobs that weekend. I'll do it anyway. Eb Bass as it says at the bottom. When you say wearing our own jackets, do you mean concert jackets or walking outs? Just if its concert jackets, have to decide which one to wear! White or blue hmmmmmmmmm

sudcornet
28.05.2003, 17:58
We're looking good at the mo'...if everyone who's contacted me so far actually turns up (everything crossed) then we only require:- a 3rd Cornet, 1st and 2nd Horn, and a couple of Euphs for the stage band. All players are welcome to sign up for the road march, but I need to talk to the organisers again to see how many they'll let us field for the stage.
I hope to reveal the full band early next week and once your name appears on there we will regard you as committed (or perhaps you should be committed) so please make sure you can get to the venue by 3.00pm on 28th June.
Come on....take the King's shilling...you know you want to......!
Sud.

IckleSop
28.05.2003, 17:58
you'll look cute in blue :wink: :wink:

Hope all goes well anyway

Stewart
28.05.2003, 23:02
I've just been informed that our lot have pulled out of Easingwold :( so if you find yourself short of a bari then I'm free and I'll be there anyway. :D

cornetgirl
29.05.2003, 21:07
Can I bring Fenella the flugel??? Please pretty please!

Rach x

SoloBaritone
30.05.2003, 11:06
Can me and Lee do solo and 2nd bari please??!!

I haven't asked him yet but you can see what he thinks when you see him on Monday.

Jayne

Aidan
30.05.2003, 16:30
Doran.. can i get a lift in the FP-mobile then..?? if i get to manc or somewhere?

Aidan
30.05.2003, 16:31
il get arfon to do horn aswel as long as dyke arn't out

sudcornet
30.05.2003, 18:55
Yes Jayne...of course you can....did you have a good time en Belgique?
That would be grat if you could Aidan...even then we're still short a 2nd Horn, 3rd Cornet and Solo Euph.

Just a note to all..........Don't be put off joining in by all the guys from the top section...that's not what this is about....I'm hoping it will be a real get-together for as many members of tMP as possible. We're not trying to put together a top level ensemble (We're not even in the competition) So if you can get to Easingwold, come and join in...if you're playing in your own band later, get there early and have a blow with us first.

Sud.

sudcornet
30.05.2003, 19:02
OOps, sorry Rachel....missed you post. Yes please, I've got you down for flugelling.
Sud.

mel
30.05.2003, 19:32
OOps, sorry Rachel....missed you post. Yes please, I've got you down for flugelling.
Sud.

What have you got me down for Sud :) Dont mind whatever it is, just so I know

Darth_Tuba
30.05.2003, 21:39
Doran.. can i get a lift in the FP-mobile then..?? if i get to manc or somewhere?

Hmmmm... suppose so Aidan. Am I the only student with a car in Manchester these days?!?!?!

super_sop
30.05.2003, 23:25
yo dude need any more cornets :lol:
its not defo yet but im working on her oops it :wink:

TheMusicMan
30.05.2003, 23:40
Nigel - you happy if I pop along if I can make it?

sudcornet
31.05.2003, 11:33
Absolutely John...the more the merrier. I don't think there would be a problem with a 40 strong band on the march..all tMP'ers of course.
Mel..I've got you down on 2nd Cornet with Caroline...that OK?
Keep working on her Craig, I've got a cosy spot on 3rd Cornet with your name on it.
We may need to thin down a bit for the stage (or we might not), we'll see what we have and are allowed to do on the day. The organisers are aware of the nature of the band (the contest controller is now a registered member here) and we will be announced as such. So, the more we have in the band, the more effective the publicity for the site and the bigger the party afterwards.
Sud.

Yay, my 100th post...hey Sam ...I'm one too....friend that is!

super_sop
31.05.2003, 12:07
Keep working on her Craig, I've got a cosy spot on 3rd Cornet with your name on it.
Sud.

no probs had another word today and its looking good :lol: cant wait

mel
31.05.2003, 12:57
Mel..I've got you down on 2nd Cornet with Caroline...that OK?
That suits me fine Sud, I'm happy :D

SoloBaritone
31.05.2003, 13:21
Belgium was lovely thank you for asking Nigel; we had a great time.

Lee and I are both up for doing Easingwold, so you've got yourself a top class bari section, hmm...!

Can you give us a list of the band?

Jayne

007superfan
31.05.2003, 17:51
Sud can I play at easingwold too, I am a good mate of Mels and play in Wem Band as well. Mel has shown me your photo and I am sure I recognise you, I used to play in Kippax band.

Aidan
31.05.2003, 19:36

Hmmmm... suppose so Aidan. Am I the only student with a car in Manchester these days?!?!?!

yes...
well i spose arfon would drive (still havnt asked him bout esating-whatever yet :S) but he got his window shot through the other day by an air rifle!!! :shock:

Brassbones
01.06.2003, 17:37
Who's doing troms?

Aidan
01.06.2003, 23:58
get yourself and fp-nelly doing it...

Kari Anson
02.06.2003, 00:06
Are you still short of a 2nd Horn? If so let me know and I'll have a go.

super_sop
02.06.2003, 00:12
Yo dude, do we have a line up yet?

yorkie19
02.06.2003, 00:49
Yay, my 100th post...hey Sam ...I'm one too....friend that is!

Congratulations grasshopper, you are one step closer to enlightenment (or the bottom of the pint glass, whichever comes first!)

sudcornet
02.06.2003, 07:59
Just need to confirm a couple of attendees before I can publish the band line-up.

Michelle....can you confirm you 've mentioned a BBb Bass, a cornet player and a trombonist and of course yourself?

I've had news from the association allowing us to field as many as we want both on the march and on stage. So come on and sign up...particularly those members who are going to be there anyway....it's a great night out ......let's make it a tMP party too.

Kari....the seat is yours.....just keep your shoes on this time!

Sud.

Stewart
02.06.2003, 11:01
Put me down for a bari part then (Don't mind which one). I could probably dig the euph out of the spare room if you've got an over-abundance of baris but it's a while since I've played it so I'm not sure what it would sound like...

Big Twigge
02.06.2003, 14:31
I can play if you need me (flugel or cornet) or will have a go at anything really (trombone could be interesting though).
Cheers, Caroline

dave jake
02.06.2003, 16:37
I m up for Bb Bass and a gallon of Stella 8) 8)

dave jake
02.06.2003, 16:39
OOH that was my 100 th post am now a Friend, only taken me 8 months! :shock: :shock:

rach marriott
02.06.2003, 16:48
If you're still in need of a cornet player.......

It'd be a good opportunity to partake of a glass of 'pop' with the lads!

Darth_Tuba
02.06.2003, 17:59
Hey Rach, nice to see you've made it on here. I think I'll be having several pints of "pop" :lol:

rach marriott
02.06.2003, 18:07
Hi! Chris!

I'm a very shy personality - I don't say much, hence why there haven't been many postings from me! ha ha!

I hear you've all spent the week absolutely blasted - well done!

Don't know if there's a spot for me on this march thing, but thought I'd pop my name down just for the hell of it!

See ya!

Aidan
02.06.2003, 21:41
arfon (horn) cant do it.. so another horn avail i spose :)

Darth_Tuba
03.06.2003, 02:03
Me drinking dirty beer?!?! Never!!! I was drinking Ribena all week after the masters, although I must admit I did make it slightly more concentrated than usual... I just love living on the edge! ;) Seriously though, I think my liver is going to be a long time recovering from last week.

Apologies for being off topic. Sounds like it should be a good gathering at this thingy then. Best be finding somewhere to kip over... no way I'm driving if it means no beer!

rach marriott
03.06.2003, 14:01
He he!

I don't really mind if I don't play, there are a couple of people I'd like to catch up with anyway....

Brendan was at Jag last night & was telling me all about the band's antics in the pub last Thurs, you're all very bad people!!! (in a good way!)

Keep up the good/bad work!!!!!

SoloBaritone
03.06.2003, 18:30
Oh my god Aidan, that photo is terrible!! I'm going to print it off and put it next to Lee's fireplace to stop our neice going near it!!

Jayne

sudcornet
03.06.2003, 18:53
Here it is then...the moment you've all been waiting for.....!

tMP Brass (Easingwold)2003. (We had a full band 'til I saw Nadia's post)

The line-up is as follows:- (may well be subject to change)

MD...Roger Thorne
Principal Cornet...Impycornet
Assistant Principal...Straightmute
Tutti Cornet...Rachel Marriott
Tutti Cornet...Sudcornet
Sop...Ersop
Repiano...Claire
2nd Cornet...Mel
2nd Cornet...Big Twigge/007_superfan
3rd Cornet...super sop
3rd Cornet...Michelle's Mate
Flugel...Cornetgirl
Solo Horn...Nadia
1st Horn...Matt Stimpson
2nd Horn...Karianson
Solo Euph...Adam Rutter
2nd Euph...Wonkybaton
Solo Baritone...Solobaritone/Lee
2nd Baritone...Michelle/Stewart
Solo Trombone...NAS
2nd Trombone...Michelle's Mate
Bass Trombone....BoozyBtrom
EEb Bass...Chris Doran
EEb Bass...Vacant
BBb Bass...Yorkie19
BBb Bass...Dave Jake
BBb Bass...Michelle's Mate.
Bass Drum...Valvecap
Side Drum...Jinx

We are still in need of a 1st Horn....and, anyone who wants to join in.
If your name is in the line-up and you can't attend please let me know ASAP.

The current plan is that we all meet up under the bandstand (not the contest stage) which is opposite the George pub in the market square at 4.00pm. We will be rehearsing nearby from 4.30pm. We should have time for a bite to eat before starting the contest at 6.00pm.

We will be marching to Slaidburn and the contest march will be Mephistopheles. Would all the named players please try and get hold of their respective parts and make sure they are familiar with them before the day as rehearsal time is obviously limited.

Uniform is your own bands, walking out or stage...but remember there may be beer about later(haha) so you may need to change.

Any problems...please get in touch....it's looking like a great party!

Sud.

Aidan
03.06.2003, 19:54
cheers jayne i do my best ;) ;)

soz nige.. il have a look around for one

super_sop
03.06.2003, 20:49
Nice one Sud, cant wait.
Hope the guiness is good up there :wink:

leebarrie
03.06.2003, 21:08
It all sounds very good looking forward to it.Might even have a few power shandys,and you never know sam might buy me one.What do you think Sam.? :wink:

Stewart
03.06.2003, 21:34
Hope the guiness is good up there

Don't know about the guiness but the Black sheep used to be quite good :D (And that's the beer before anyone says anything :roll: )

Sud, Am working on a first horn, will let you know...

super_sop
03.06.2003, 22:03
It all sounds very good looking forward to it.Might even have a few power shandys,and you never know sam might buy me one.What do you think Sam.? :wink:
completely off topic but therws a 1st time for every thing
yyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss
another bluenose on board

Wonky_Baton
04.06.2003, 13:27
Cannot wait for this. Going to hunt out my faithful Dennis Wick 4AL and find a euph to put it in. Love Mephi and Slaidburn is a blast from the past for me. I didn't know there is a bandstand in Easingwold. I'll start in the George and then look for it. :P

SoloBaritone
04.06.2003, 14:18
Power Shandy my a*** Lee.

Jayne
xxx

Stewart
04.06.2003, 14:19
It's ok, if you try enough pubs you're bound to find someone to point you in the right direction :wink:

yorkie19
05.06.2003, 01:35

No, and if I see one anywhere near you, it will be photographs on Monday!

:wink: :twisted: :twisted:

Mike Saville
05.06.2003, 10:54
I dead jealous of you guys, I went to last years and had a great time - unfortunately I'm playing elsewhere this year so can't make it. Good luck and have a few sherberts for me!

yorkie19
05.06.2003, 11:13
Who's needing a place to stop after the festivities?

That's not an open invitation to crash at mine (as there isn't enough space), but we'll see what can be sorted out.

Sam

Darth_Tuba
05.06.2003, 12:24
Myself and Neil Samuel (probably Aidan as well since he's scabbing a lift) may require somewhere... any B&Bs around there?

SoloBaritone
05.06.2003, 13:01
We don't need somewhere to stay but a lift would be lovely please Uncle Sam.

That can be payment for all the free rehearsals I do for Imps, tonight including!!

Jayne

yorkie19
05.06.2003, 13:10
We don't need somewhere to stay but a lift would be lovely please Uncle Sam.

That can be payment for all the free rehearsals I do for Imps, tonight including!!

Jayne

Jayne

Much as I would love to give you two c-razee kids a lift, I'm hoping not to drive. I'm trying to sort something out at the moment.

Chris - I presume that Rache will need somewhere to stop as well?

Sam

SoloBaritone
05.06.2003, 13:34
:cry:

We'll just have to think of something else then.

See you tonight!

Jayne

PS. Don't forget to ring Lee and let him know if we're all going in one car or not.

Aidan
05.06.2003, 15:28
oh yeah.. i go wherever the lfp's go...

Big Twigge
05.06.2003, 16:00
Am so very very excited. Today began as another miserable day of doing nothing and eating too much......now I have something to look forward!
Will practice lots!

dave jake
05.06.2003, 16:09
Should be a good day, just need to get a Bb Bass part of Mephi hopefully Wonky will sort it :dunno

yorkie19
05.06.2003, 16:17
:cry:

We'll just have to think of something else then.

See you tonight!

Jayne

PS. Don't forget to ring Lee and let him know if we're all going in one car or not.

I think I've got something sorted, but we can discuss it on the way to the Mighty Imps tonight (sounds like an ice hockey team!).

We can go in one car tonight, although it's going to be a tight squeeze to get 2 baris, 2 cornets and 5 bandsmen into my car.

Sam

rach marriott
05.06.2003, 16:47
Sam

I hadn't thought that far ahead to be honest, but I guess I will need somewhere to stay. Don't know if I'll be traveling straight up from Leicester or coming via Neil's.... dunno!

You get my text last night, by the way? If not, I don't know which random person I sent it to (blonde moment!!!)! Sorry to go off subject.

yorkie19
05.06.2003, 17:06
Sam

I hadn't thought that far ahead to be honest, but I guess I will need somewhere to stay. Don't know if I'll be traveling straight up from Leicester or coming via Neil's.... dunno!

You get my text last night, by the way? If not, I don't know which random person I sent it to (blonde moment!!!)! Sorry to go off subject.

Yes, I got your text last night. I did mean to reply, but keep getting sidetracked. Anyway, I'll stick your name on the temporarily un-housed list (or should that be un-hinged?)

Sam

rach marriott
05.06.2003, 17:11
ha ha!

Hopefully, I'll just be divinely intoxicated on that particular weekend!

Here's hoping!

Wonky_Baton
06.06.2003, 13:37
Should be a good day, just need to get a Bb Bass part of Mephi hopefully Wonky will sort it

Dont worry Dave it is already in hand. A Bb bass and euphonium part will be in my possession shortly. Not photocopied mind - Cos that is highly illegal Eh Rog :wink: I have the real McCoy cos PVB have changed from doing Mephi for the last 10 years and are now doing Ravenswood!! I have played Mephi Eb bass part for every march contest since 1990 but cannot recall ever playing euph. I reckon it will be the same as the bass part with a few more fiddly bits. :roll: Bring it on....

leebarrie
06.06.2003, 22:53
What march are we marching to around the square, :?: Sud?
Death or Glory,Slaidburn?

PS Ive found the Planets!!!!!!

Aidan
08.06.2003, 19:07
We will be marching to Slaidburn and the contest march will be Mephistopheles.

leebarrie
08.06.2003, 19:12
Cheers,im still in the process of having reading lessons. :?

Aidan
08.06.2003, 19:13
heh nae probs :)

PeterBale
09.06.2003, 09:45
PS Ive found the Planets!!!!!!

Fine - I'll let Patrick Moore know - I didn't even know they'd been lost :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yorkie19
09.06.2003, 10:42
Lee

Very good. Well done. Is it the Stephen Roberts arrangement?

Sam

PS - Could you do something about the stoning that's going on outside!

SoloBaritone
09.06.2003, 10:54
Forget about the stoning, you've got The Planets arranged by Roberts!!

Jayne

sudcornet
09.06.2003, 16:12
What's that about a stoning? Are there any women here?
"I just said that this fish was good enough for Jehovah!"

Aidan
09.06.2003, 16:13
maybe it could be something to do with that green haze over there :) right next to the pink elephant on that cloud

Roger Thorne
10.06.2003, 01:17

Has everyone got a Lyre for the march?

:wink:

picju96
10.06.2003, 10:00
What do you do if your cornet doesn't have a slot for a lyre? I've never marched with a band before...

Stewart
10.06.2003, 10:27
I think you can get cornet lyres that clip onto the bell of a cornet can't you? I'm going to have to attack my lyre with a pair of pliers, you would think that if they were going to supply a lyre with a baritone they'd at least bend it to approximately the right shape? :x

yorkie19
10.06.2003, 10:54
"I just said that this fish was good enough for Jehovah!"

There, look, he said it again. He said it again. He said Jehovah!

Stewart
10.06.2003, 13:11
There, look, he said it again. He said it again. He said Jehovah!

Now he said it, he said Jehovah! Oh no, now I said it!

Oh dear, this is all getting a bit pythonesque (sp?) isn't it?

Roger Thorne
10.06.2003, 13:13
And now for something completely different:

Back on Topic perhaps!

Stewart
10.06.2003, 13:22
Yes, sorry about that, don't know what happened, what I meant to ask is: Anyone know where I can borrow a 2nd bari copy of Mephistopheles from, everyone I ask seems to think they should have it but then can't find it in the library :?

Kari Anson
10.06.2003, 13:53

Has everyone got a Lyre for the march?

No Mr Thorne I haven't but never have had because the little hole that the lyre screws into is too small and it won't fit - for the past ooooh (however many years it is since we had these Lottery Horns). I normally just hold it and never seem to struggle

Roger Thorne
10.06.2003, 13:57
Remind me to have a look in the Bandroom on Friday. We've got loads of spare lyres, I'm sure we'll find one to fit.

super_sop
10.06.2003, 14:17
Remind me to have a look in the Bandroom on Friday. We've got loads of spare lyres, I'm sure we'll find one to fit.

can you also see if you have the marches as well please Mr Thorne :?:

sudcornet
10.06.2003, 18:54
Apologies to Mr Richard Wilton Esq.

I had him in the line-up for Easingwold (acting on information received) and placed him in the available seat.

Unfortunately Mr Wilton will not be joining us, for the following reasons:-
1. He doesn't like being called "Rich"
2. He would never sit in the second seat to our solo EEb.

Sounds like a budding string player to me.

Do chill out Mr Wilton, it's meant to be fun.....so, perhaps we won't miss him.

Sud.
Welease Woderwick!

Darth_Tuba
10.06.2003, 19:03
Erm... I didn't realise that order of Eb basses mattered too much when playing marches :S I didnt ask to be sat anywhere in particular, and am mainly going for the beers afterwards! If we need a second Eb I'll ask Ben tonight at band. He does use the site.

Cheers

dave jake
10.06.2003, 20:06
:shock: :shock:

welease wichie :shock:

leebarrie
10.06.2003, 20:17
Yes, sorry about that, don't know what happened, what I meant to ask is: Anyone know where I can borrow a 2nd bari copy of Mephistopheles from, everyone I ask seems to think they should have it but then can't find it in the library :?

Yeah no probs,i will get both 1st and 2nd bari parts and do some spares,as we are doing mephi on whit fri.

Aidan
11.06.2003, 00:57
yeah!!! get ben...
but dont tell anyone he's underage for all the booze afterwards :)

Darth_Tuba
11.06.2003, 01:46
D'oh! Forgot to ask him tonight. How's the Wizard Aidan? Nice of us to let you use "our" march ;)

Aidan
11.06.2003, 03:04
wizard is ok.. its not a bad march :D mwahhaa its in our library now too :PPPPP with Besses O'th' Barn stamped all over it :)

sudcornet
11.06.2003, 20:16
tMP Brass (Easingwold)2003. (Current Edition)

MD...Roger Thorne
Principal Cornet...Impycornet
Assistant Principal...Straightmute
Tutti Cornet...Rachel Marriott
Tutti Cornet...Sudcornet
Sop...Ersop
Repiano...Claire
2nd Cornet...Mel
2nd Cornet...Big Twigge/007_superfan
3rd Cornet...super sop
Flugel...Cornetgirl
Solo Horn...Nadia
1st Horn...Matt Stimpson
2nd Horn...Karianson
Solo Euph...Adam Rutter
2nd Euph...Wonkybaton
Solo Baritone...Solobaritone/Lee
2nd Baritone...Michelle/Stewart
Solo Trombone...NAS
Bass Trombone....BoozyBtrom
EEb Bass...Chris Doran
EEb Bass...Chris's Mate
BBb Bass...Yorkie19
BBb Bass...Dave Jake
Bass Drum...Valvecap
Side Drum...Vacant

Unfortunately, due to work commitments, jinx will not be available. Consequently we are in need of an enthusiastic side-drummer to help propel us round....any volunteers?

If your name is in the line-up and you can't attend please let me know ASAP.

The current plan is that we all meet up under the bandstand (not the contest stage) which is opposite the George pub in the market square at 4.00pm. We will be rehearsing nearby from 4.30pm. We should have time for a bite to eat before starting the contest at 6.00pm.

We will be marching to Slaidburn and the contest march will be Mephistopheles. Would all the named players please try and get hold of their respective parts and make sure they are familiar with them before the day as rehearsal time is obviously limited.

Uniform is your own bands, walking out or stage...but remember there may be beer about later(haha) so you may need to change.

Any problems...please get in touch....it's looking like a great party!

Sud.

PeterBale
12.06.2003, 09:25
tMP Brass (Easingwold)2003. (Current Edition)

I know we've got some great characters on tMP, but playing three instruments at once takes some beating - and on the march too :!:

All hail to Michelle's Mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, though, hope you all have a great time. Only wish I could have been there with you - maybe next year.

yorkie19
12.06.2003, 10:42
Sud

Don't forget that Jo said she'd play.

Sam

sudcornet
12.06.2003, 11:10
Thanks Sam, I'll ask her tonight.
It would probably be safer for her on side-drum, I was a little concerned that she may cause herself an injury with the marching cymbals (imagination req'd) Will the horn section be safe d'ya think?!?
Sud.

P.S. Where did we put the marching cymbals?

yorkie19
12.06.2003, 12:03
Not a chance!

michellegarbutt
12.06.2003, 18:49
Can anyone help out please? We need 2nd baritone, 3rd cornet and Bb bass parts of Mephistopheles

Darth_Tuba
14.06.2003, 21:31
Ben is ok for doing 2nd Eb, so the Leyland boys will be out in force! 8) 'Ave it! Aidan, I've booked some rooms in a B&B for me, Warder, you and Ben. Its £25 a head, that ok with your student budget?

michellegarbutt
15.06.2003, 14:28
I live Hartlepool (about an hours drive north of Easingwold). If anyone needs a lift I can fit another 2 people into the car and I can also provide them with a bed for the night. If anyone wants to take me up on this offer email michellegarbutt@talk21.com

SoloBaritone
15.06.2003, 15:00
You're so organised Chris, you suprise me! Where's your B&B at? We're going to have lots of fun on our little mini bus!

Jayne

Darth_Tuba
15.06.2003, 16:43
Yes, I always get organised when it makes the difference between me drinking or having to stay sober and drive Jayne! :lol: The B&B is about 3 miles from Easingwold so it's happy days, now alls we need is for some sun! 8)

Aidan
15.06.2003, 20:19
Ben is ok for doing 2nd Eb, so the Leyland boys will be out in force! 8) 'Ave it! Aidan, I've booked some rooms in a B&B for me, Warder, you and Ben. Its £25 a head, that ok with your student budget?

hmm.. mmm k.. il push the boat out

big_benthomson
16.06.2003, 10:41
I believe i'm down for doing the business now. Should be a laugh with plenty of pop hopefully. I'm not that under-age really nads, im old enough to complete the immense task of unconciousness anyway.
Is there any FAF playin?

neiltwist
16.06.2003, 10:54
I can also provide them with a bed for the night.

(sorry mg)

rach marriott
16.06.2003, 11:49

Hey Chris!

Can you let Neil know about this B&B... otherwise I'll only end up driving ... and I don't wanna! :cry:

Cheers buddy!

Darth_Tuba
16.06.2003, 13:30
Ok Rach, but just 'cause it's you! :D

rach marriott
16.06.2003, 13:44
Ok Rach, but just 'cause it's you! :D

You're an 'iccle star!

sudcornet
17.06.2003, 10:21
Latest vacancy.

Due to other commitments we now have a vacancy for Bass bone....so, don't be shy, step forward and join the fun. For those of you who have just done the Whit Friday Marches, this contest is just the same, but with more time in the pub....you know you want to!
Sud.

P.S. Michelle, I'm on the trail of the parts you need, should have it sorted by the weekend.

Aidan
17.06.2003, 10:25
I believe i'm down for doing the business now. Should be a laugh with plenty of pop hopefully. I'm not that under-age really nads, im old enough to complete the immense task of unconciousness anyway.
Is there any FAF playin?

yeah i dont doubt it :)
HAHAH... well I hope so!!

Isnt erder doin bass bone?

do we have to bring our own music then..??

SoloBaritone
17.06.2003, 12:27
WARDER WARDER WARDER

Tell him Chris, he has to do it!!

Jayne

stephen2001
17.06.2003, 13:15
I could stick bass trom parts in on a Bb/F tenor unless I can borrow the proper thing from somewhere.
I will also probably require a lift to and from Loughborough, Leics and also a bed/floor for the night.

If you find a BTrom player who will be more convenient, then I don't mind missing out this once!

Darth_Tuba
17.06.2003, 16:07
Warder says he'll do it! :D Leyland are taking over the bottom end of this scratch band :?

Number1euph
17.06.2003, 16:26
do u still need a side drumer.
might be able to get you one ok.
just get back to me.

jfenwick
17.06.2003, 16:34
I'll play side drum if you want.
oh no wait I can't be bothered.

(that was so mean of me.)

Number1euph
17.06.2003, 16:47
could i come to just play on the street.
i play euph but will play any instrument you give me.
please.
:D :D

rach marriott
17.06.2003, 17:12
Warder says he'll do it! :D Leyland are taking over the bottom end of this scratch band :?

I'm already in fear for my internal organs...they'll just be completely pickled!!!! :?

Ask Warder if he manged to get the orange juice out of his shirt........ he he!!! :lol:

michellegarbutt
17.06.2003, 19:05
I'll play side drum if you want.
oh no wait I can't be bothered.

(that was so mean of me.)

Come on Jonathan Stop being mean

sudcornet
17.06.2003, 19:39
Number1euph you are more than welcome to join in. I have clearance from no lesser personage than the Contest Controller (all bow) for us to play as many as we want on both the march and stage. You'll just need the parts for Slaidburn and Mephistopheles and plenty of beer vouchers.
Any percussionists wanting to attend (whether they can be bothered or not) are welcome too. It should be a great party night and excellent publicity for tMP.com. Little concerned about the Leyland gang taking over my bottom end tho'.
Sud.

jfenwick
17.06.2003, 22:24
but I don't even know how the marches go. oh your twisting my arm.

If you can get me a side drum I will.

Brassbones
18.06.2003, 10:50
....... Little concerned about the Leyland gang taking over my bottom end tho'.
Sud.

Theres only one answer to that......

Brassbones
18.06.2003, 10:51
....... Little concerned about the Leyland gang taking over my bottom end tho'.
Sud.

Beurgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

jinx
18.06.2003, 10:52
Number1euph you are more than welcome to join in. I have clearance from no lesser personage than the Contest Controller (all bow) for us to play as many as we want on both the march and stage. You'll just need the parts for Slaidburn and Mephistopheles and plenty of beer vouchers.
Any percussionists wanting to attend (whether they can be bothered or not) are welcome too. It should be a great party night and excellent publicity for tMP.com. Little concerned about the Leyland gang taking over my bottom end tho'.
Sud.
not nearly as concerned as you should be for your personal safety when a certain young lady and colleague of mine finds out what has been written about her here. Not really fair when she is not on this forum to defend herself.

Keppler: Edit, Duplicate Post Deleted

Keppler
18.06.2003, 12:28
Please take Jinx's above comment on board. It's not fair, and it's not what we're about. We're all guilty of making occasional "behind-the-back" comments - just that a public, family web-community is not the place for them.
End of Rant.

greatcheese
18.06.2003, 14:49
Are you still needing Mephi parts?? I may be able to help if you let me know where they need to go.

sudcornet
18.06.2003, 15:23
Hi jinx,
Apologies if I've caused any offence, I certainly didn't mean to.
I'm presuming you are referring to the comments I made about Jo, who may play side-drum at Easingwold. Firstly, the comments were made in an attempt (not a very good one perhaps) at humour, and secondly, I'm sure Jo knows me well enough by now to take them in the spirit they were meant.
Sud.

SoloBaritone
19.06.2003, 13:14
I bet if Jo saw what was said she'd definately have a laugh at it.

Nigel; are you getting your parts from Gimps? I'm guessing Lee is so will you make sure he gets me a part for Slaidburn please!! No point dragging it out our library just for one part when you's will have yours out. I'll look after it!

Jayne

sudcornet
19.06.2003, 13:54
Gimps?
No point dragging it out
when you's will have yours out. I'll look after it!

OO-ER Jayne.

Thanks Jayne. No problems (when we find the set of Slaidy that is). You can be sure we'll all try to have our parts out whenever you may need them.
Sud.

Aidan
19.06.2003, 16:43
do we have to bring our own music???

sudcornet
19.06.2003, 17:31
Yes, preferably Aidan. If it's a problem then we'll sort it, but I would rather not have random parts scattered all over as I know how frustrating it is next time we get the set out and some are missing.
Sud.

Aidan
23.06.2003, 00:00
do we need our own parts???

rach marriott
25.06.2003, 12:40
do we need our own parts???

I'm going to get the parts for the marches tonight. If anyone needs a copy, please let me know, either on the forum or by email & I will attempt to get them for you.

Cheers

sudcornet
25.06.2003, 14:25
Hi Rach,
Is there any chance you could bring the sets with you. Our set of Mephi is still out after Whit Friday and we don't appear to have Slaidburn in our huge and comprehensive library. I'll make sure they are all handed in straight after the performance.
Sud.

rach marriott
25.06.2003, 14:42
Yeah, we don't have Slaidburn either....!!!

Unfortunately there has been a change of plan... I was going to go to my old band to get the parts, but I'm doing something else instead. I will try to call in before I go to practice tomorrow night... I'll let you know if I mange to get the copies.

Sorry about that!

big_benthomson
25.06.2003, 16:01
are the leyland squad all wearing the same uniforms for the easingwold domination?
i heard a rumour about some specially designed and created Masters t-shirts

Darth_Tuba
25.06.2003, 21:21
I think we'll be wearing walking outs ben, then swiftly changing into drinking clobber! The t shirts are still in the planning stage as it happens... I dunno if I'm gonna have time b4 saturday, but I'll give it a pop!

sudcornet
26.06.2003, 10:47
Not a panic situation (yet) but I've just been informed that our Solo Euph has cracked a bone in his arm and can't play Saturday. So, volunteer needed! This is a prestigious position in tMP Brass and carries a retainer of at least one pint. Go on, you know you want to!
Sud.

sparkling_quavers
26.06.2003, 11:21
hope you guys have a great time unfortunately I am really busy this weekend so I can't even make a listen!

spread the word... (tMP that is :shock: )

SoloBaritone
26.06.2003, 13:00
Adam's such a pain in the ****!!! I saw him after he'd hurt his arm moaning about it!

Are people get changed like? I was just going to wear my walking outs all day.

Jayne

Wonky_Baton
26.06.2003, 13:08
I am not going to be able to make the practice as my band isn't leaving the NE until 4. I am playing second trombone for Pride Valley Band and am down for euphonium for tMP. If anyone fancies doing my euph part it will save me taking 2 instruments. If not i will see you at 6 with my euph.

Stewart
26.06.2003, 13:09
I wasn't planning on changing as such, just dump jacket and tie in car and find beer as quickly as possible. Let's face it no-one's going to look out of place wearing band uniform in Easingwold this Saturday!

SoloBaritone
26.06.2003, 13:18
Well.... What do the 2 second bari's players think of putting the euph parts in if we get stuck? That way we'll definately have 2 euphs and 2 bari's. Sorted.

Jayne

Stewart
26.06.2003, 13:27
If it's really going to be an issue then I can bring my euph (Well, I say mine, band seem to have forgotten I have it) instead of my bari. Only problem is I've not played it in a long time and I'm not sure how sight reading the euph part to Meph would go :? If I am going to be playing euph then I could do with someone getting a euph part of Meph to me ASAP

SoloBaritone
26.06.2003, 13:33
I'VE GOT A EUPH PLAYER!!!!

Nigel, email him crat63@aol.com

He's called Craig.

Jayne

SoloBaritone
26.06.2003, 15:52
Has anyone else noticed that posts disappear and then when other people post they come back?! I wrote one ages ago and so did Stewart. I viewed them both before and now they're not there!!! This might bring them back. :D

Jayne

Edited because I spelt Stewart's name wrong, I know how annoying it is when people do that!!

Stewart
26.06.2003, 16:06
It's doing the whole 'Page 11 of 10' thing again, the posts are there and you can get to them with the most recent post thingy but not from the previous pages. It might sort itself out eventually.

I would have let you off with spelling my name wrong once but you're right it can get annoying when people do it repeatedly.

TheMusicMan
26.06.2003, 16:07
Hey Jayne - this is a known bug in the version of the sofwtare used here on tMP... apologies about this. It should be fixed when I do the decent thing and upgrade to the latest version..... time is all I need... and I don't have much of it :(

See you Sat.... :lol:

John

SoloBaritone
26.06.2003, 16:16
It all sounds very confusing to me, I just thought I was going mad cos I couldn't find posts I thought I'd written!

My name always gets written as Jane, grrrr, I hate it when people do that!!

I think we're sorted for a euph player so no bari players need to be demoted onto the euph part! :lol:

Jayne

Stewart
26.06.2003, 16:20
Phew, good work finding the euph player. I was a bit worried for a while there...

sudcornet
26.06.2003, 16:30
It never rains but it pours! I've just got word that our sop player isn't likely to make it there for 6.00pm. Another volunteer required Come on now, since when have sop players been shy? There's a pint in it!
Sud.

SoloBaritone
26.06.2003, 16:33
I always refuse to play euph or euph parts for the principal of the matter. I hate people saying baritone players are failed euph players, my ass are they.

In a private message from Nigel, he said if he had to he'd but the part in. That would have been interesting!!

Jayne

SoloBaritone
26.06.2003, 16:34
RICHARD HANSON!!

Stewart
26.06.2003, 16:38
I always refuse to play euph or euph parts for the principal of the matter. I hate people saying baritone players are failed euph players, my ass are they.

In a private message from Nigel, he said if he had to he'd but the part in. That would have been interesting!!

Jayne

People do seem to find it hard to believe that you want to play bari don't they? I used to be solo euph (temporary thing when our euph player moved away - three years!) and had to fight to get back on bari. I occasionally play euph to help people out but given a choice it's bari every time :D

SoloBaritone
26.06.2003, 16:42
I used to be top euph at school but as soon as I left sixth form I stopped playing euph. At that time I was on solo bari at Carlton Main and I had no interest in playing euph, I still don't!

Jayne

Number1euph
26.06.2003, 16:59
i am supposed to be playing on euph. But i need a lift to easingwold.
i live in sheffield. but if people are going from huddesfield. i can get their.
please some one help me.
thankyou.
James
:D :D

Euph-Bari
26.06.2003, 17:36
People do seem to find it hard to believe that you want to play bari don't they? I used to be solo euph (temporary thing when our euph player moved away - three years!) and had to fight to get back on bari. I occasionally play euph to help people out but given a choice it's bari every time :D

well with me i aint too keen on playing bari - euph is a much nicer instrument - sound and all - and most of the time has better parts

Stewart
26.06.2003, 17:47
well with me i aint too keen on playing bari - euph is a much nicer instrument - sound and all - and most of the time has better parts

That's fine if you like euph, it's just the assumption in a lot of bands that all bari players want to play euph that gets annoying at times.

Anyway, back on topic, what were the arrangements for Saturday? is it 4pm at the bandstand?

Euph-Bari
26.06.2003, 17:58
That's fine if you like euph, it's just the assumption in a lot of bands that all bari players want to play euph that gets annoying at times.

I know was just saying

TheMusicMan
27.06.2003, 09:57
Nigel - do you know which other bands are playing please? My wife is asking :? She wants to know if she should bring her 'Harry Potter' book to read whilst they are :? :shock: :shock:

SoloBaritone
27.06.2003, 12:55
Send her to the pub, she can get drunk while everyone plays! That's my plan!!

Jayne

TheMusicMan
27.06.2003, 12:57
Bringing our kids though Jayne! she would otherwise...

SoloBaritone
27.06.2003, 13:13
Let them join in too! Hmm... I think she should bring a book, I don't think there's much else to do. Last year there was a little fair thingy, lots of fun!!

Jayne

sudcornet
27.06.2003, 13:44
There's usually around 20 bands from all sections. The higher section bands are likely to be Harrogate, Rowntrees, Kirkbymoorside and possibly Marsden, (Dark Horse-Lockwood Brass) all in with a shout. All the bands take the deportment seriously too, so at least we'll give them a giggle there.
Sud.

PS. Still short of a sop player. Craig, did I hear you volunteer? Please, somebody save Mr Mute from having to put the screamers in!

Kari Anson
27.06.2003, 13:47
There's usually around 20 bands from all sections. The higher section bands are likely to be Harrogate, Rowntrees, Kirkbymoorside and possibly Marsden, (Dark Horse-Lockwood Brass) all in with a shout. All the bands take the deportment seriously too, so at least we'll give them a giggle there.
Sud.

PS. Still short of a sop player. Craig, did I hear you volunteer? Please, somebody save Mr Mute from having to put the screamers in!

Really sorry, Steve can't make it this weekend but did say that he'd love to have taken part.

rach marriott
27.06.2003, 13:58
Can anyone grab a solo cornet copy for Slaidburn - I can't get one!

Cheers!

Straightmute
27.06.2003, 14:05
Can anyone grab a solo cornet copy for Slaidburn - I can't get one!

Cheers!

I can bring one for you.

D

Straightmute
27.06.2003, 14:11
There's usually around 20 bands from all sections. The higher section bands are likely to be Harrogate...

No, we're not there. We haven't done Easingwold for a few years now and this time it coincides with one of our players' 21st party. Maybe next time.

I've heard better suggestions. Like "come to my 21st party instead you BOC".

D

rach marriott
27.06.2003, 14:28
I can bring one for you.

D

Thanks !

jfenwick
27.06.2003, 14:32
arent Ever Ready going this year?

I think they went last year.

yorkie19
27.06.2003, 14:41
Last year, the bands I can remember were

Rowntrees
York Railway Institute
Holme Silver
Marsden
Broughtons Brass
Stape
Gawthorpe
Gawthorpe '85
Spennymoor Town
Kirbymoorside
Ferryhill Town

I don't think Ever Ready were contesting, but they had a delegation there (the trombone section and friends), who, if memory serves, camped out afterwards.

I know Rowntrees, Stape and Kirbymoorside are there tomorrow, and I would guess that Holme Silver will also be there. I'd like to see York RI there too, since they did very will over the tops the other week (including best 2nd section band at Denshaw.).

:guiness (Pre-contest practise tonight!)

Sam

super_sop
27.06.2003, 16:25
yo dude,
slaidburn wouldnt be a problem, but mefistopileese might be, id not even heard of it before i joined this forum!!
Ill bring both instruments just in case.

DRG
27.06.2003, 17:30
Holme Silver are there, we're going for a drinking draw again so hopefully we'll be on straight after tmp brass and in the pub by 6.30.

Stewart
27.06.2003, 17:38
You'll have to get there early, I think Stape are expecting to arrive before 6 for an early start at the bar (or so my spies tell me!) and I doubt they'll be the only ones

TheMusicMan
28.06.2003, 00:09
How's this the folks.... a very kind lady called Andrea (one of those excellent supporters of tMP at Wem Band) has made it for us and will be bringing it along tomorrow.

I do believe my son Lloyd (12)... theMusicBoy, will be the proud banner carrier if that's OK with everyone... :) :?:

Really looking forward to tomorrow folks....

http://www.burnsworld.co.uk/images/banner.jpg

Got a very long drive ahead of us in the morning - will be bringing the family along for good measure as well so do say hi to Jen my wife, my son Lloyd and my daughter Heather (6). We have about 5 hours worth of journey and will be leaving around 8:00.... looking forward to meeting you all and savouring the delights of Easingwold... :D

Special thanks to Nigel for making the efforts to get us together - no easy task. Good on you Sud... :D

John

TheMusicMan
28.06.2003, 00:13
getting rid of page numbering errors - ignore....

NAS
28.06.2003, 00:36
Just a quick post to say I will see everyone tomorrow and look forward to having lots of beer bought for me :wink:

Just realised I need to find my lyer for tomorrow :shock:

Anyway... see you tomorrow

Neil

dave jake
28.06.2003, 08:43
Hope we don t need wellies and sowesters ,just got up and its pouring down in Newcastle. Mind it is an overcoat colder up here, I ll keep fingers crossed. :dunno

dave jake
28.06.2003, 09:34
Sun shining now , forcast looking good but I ll still take the wellies, might need them later :wink: :wink:

Roger Thorne
28.06.2003, 09:40
The Sun's shining here too, but we're nearly two hundred miles away!

We'll be setting off in about an hour, so we'll see you all sometime this afternoon.

mel
28.06.2003, 09:56
Am really looking forward to seeing everyone today

I am sitting here waiting for the wemions to pick me up, so hurry up Andrea, Big Twigge and Mr Thorne.

See you all there

Roger Thorne
28.06.2003, 10:00
Mel,

Don't forget your camera.

mel
28.06.2003, 10:45
Mel,

Don't forget your camera.

Its ready in my bag :wink:

michellegarbutt
28.06.2003, 11:08
We're setting off about 2. See everyone there

jfenwick
28.06.2003, 12:11
hope everyone has/ishaving/has had a really fun time.

shame I couldn't be there couldn't be bothered to come let alone play side drum.

Keppler
28.06.2003, 17:21
:evil:
<envy>

at work...
say no more..

Straightmute
28.06.2003, 23:53
Just arrived home after a great evening at Easingwold. Just as on Whit Friday it was good to put faces to names after all this time and to share a few beers.

Great that so many had travelled so far.

Many thanks to Nigel for putting it all together.

Hope to see you all again in November.

D

super_sop
29.06.2003, 00:33
Ditto that Mr mute nice to see everyone again/for the first time.
i did enjoy it.
see you all at the next one!
craig(not so)super_sop :oops:

Roger Thorne
29.06.2003, 03:35
Just arrived back from Easingwold. (370 mile round trip!) Can I thank Nigel (Sud) for working so hard to get the tMP Band together and thank the Contest Organisers for allowing us to play. It was great to meet so many people from tMP and put faces to avatars! Let's hope we can make this an annual event.

I would also like to thank the miserable plod who stopped me on the M1 and nicked
me for speeding http://www.stupid-boy.com/smilies/otn/mfinger/finger.gif

Looking forward to meeting you all again in November.

RobertJohn
29.06.2003, 09:24
Do you rehearse on the internet?
:arrow: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/robertvallance/Easingwold.htm

TheMusicMan
29.06.2003, 10:33
Hi All - well, a great day was had by all I think. Thanks to everyone who took time out of their schedules to come along and play with tMP Brass :) Special thanks to our mate Sud (Nigel) who spent hours organising the event and making sure we had a band - well done Nigel! Also, thanks to Andrea & her hubby for making such a fantastic tMP Banner.. WOW! if there was a prize for 'Best Banner' we'd certainly have won that !

It was a pleasure and privelage to stand in front of you all and conduct such an impressive group - many thanks. :tup

Anyway, here's the first of several pics I'll post soon - thought you might all like this one, it's in Lo-Res but I've provided a copy of the Hi-Res image as well - same picture but less bandwidth to eat up. If you want the hi-res one, just do the usual.. i.e right-click and Save-As or Save-target-as on the Hi-Res URL to save it to your PC if you want it!

Here's the Lo-Res picture
http://burnsworld.co.uk/images/tmpeasingwoldlores.jpg

... and for the the Hi-Res picture as a URL, simply Right-Click and Save-As here! (http://www.burnsworld.co.uk/images/tMPEasingwoldHiRes.jpg)

John

Kari Anson
29.06.2003, 10:57
Three Cheers For Sud!!! :D

I'd like to express my sincere gratitude to SudCornet for getting the event off the ground. I throroughly enjoyed taking part in tmp brass. It was a great day and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was nice to meet some tmp people for the first time and to catch up with a few that I'd already met. There has been two tmp brass events - let's look forward to many more.

rickcowens
29.06.2003, 11:06
anyone know the results??? how did horden do? my m8 plays flugle for em, was it a good contest?

TheMusicMan
29.06.2003, 11:08
anyone know the results??? how did horden do? my m8 plays flugle for em, was it a good contest?

Here you go Rick... http://themouthpiece.com/viewtopic.php?t=1752&highlight= :D

rickcowens
29.06.2003, 11:11
thanxs!!!! well done to horden!

dave jake
29.06.2003, 11:14
Great evening, enjoyed every minute nice to see everybody and the band sounded really cool not sure about the marching 8) 8)

mel
29.06.2003, 11:25
I too had a great day at Easingwold, nice to see people again I had met before and meet new people.
It was great fun.
Also thanks to Lloyd for carrying the banner for us as we marched. (great banner Andrea & Dave). I am looking forward to November :D

michellegarbutt
29.06.2003, 12:05
Great night. Thanks to everyone for organising it. Can't wait for the next event. Any ideas what we can do next?

jfenwick
29.06.2003, 13:14
why not a concert in someones band room.

dave jake
29.06.2003, 13:23
Photos great just printed it off, yep we would have won best banner looked the business :lol: :lol:

TheMusicMan
29.06.2003, 13:26
Photos great just printed it off, yep we would have won best banner looked the business :lol: :lol:

Fantastic Dave eh! Andrea & Hubby did a great job - now all we gotta do is put it to use AGAIN........ :)

I have some more pics that I'll put on later, you printed the Hi-res one yeah?

John

dave jake
29.06.2003, 13:32
Yes I printed the Hi-res one came out great I ll stick it up in the bandroom cheers :lol:

Darth_Tuba
29.06.2003, 16:09
I would also like to thank the miserable plod who stopped me on the M1 and nicked
me for speeding http://www.stupid-boy.com/smilies/otn/mfinger/finger.gif

You weren't the only one Roger, I got caught on the M62 this morning on my way back doing 95! Luckily, no blowing in bags was involved. Aidan has an amusing set of pictures on his digital camera, most of which involve me making an ass of myself funnily enough! Ah well... it's all good fun...

cornetgirl
29.06.2003, 17:25
But there aren't any speed cameras on there Chris!!!!!

Did you not see the copper??

Had a lovely time, great to meet everyone at long last!

See you all in November.

Rach x

TheMusicMan
29.06.2003, 17:32
Please ignore... getting rid of page errors (again!!! - should be fixed later :) )

jfenwick
29.06.2003, 18:08
I was there and thought that yous sounded really good.

CRat63
29.06.2003, 18:15
Just saying thanks one and all for a great day. I know I wasn't up to the high standards of Mr Rutter (who should have been doing the gig but was definitely milking his injury...didn't stop him drinking anyway!), but really enjoyed the experience. Next time I'll volunteer myself without having to be asked to do it!

All the best to everyone, thaught we sounded class considering the rehearsal time we had!

Thanks again,

Craig Ratcliffe

CRat63
29.06.2003, 19:05
Just a few pics...
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/crat63/images/image1.jpg http://hometown.aol.co.uk/crat63/images/image2.jpg
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/crat63/images/image3.jpg http://hometown.aol.co.uk/crat63/images/image5.jpg
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/crat63/images/image4.jpg

Straightmute
29.06.2003, 19:11
We should also say a huge thank you to tMP member and Contest Controller Peter Sanderson of YHBBA for allow us to play, particularly after the Association had initially turned down our request.

The whole contest seem to run without a hitch and the fine weather Peter had ordered made it the perfect occasion for the tMP get together.

Any chance of the full results Peter???

Cheers

D

michellegarbutt
29.06.2003, 19:32
See you all in November.

Whats happening in november?

asteria
29.06.2003, 21:18
Oh my god, Jayne is that you drinking an alcoholic beverage?!?! I've never have expected such reckless behaviour of you! :wink:
Actually, come to think of it i don't think i've ever bumped into you when we've not both been in a bar... Oh my god, how alcoholic are we?!

Sounds like you lot all had a fab time in Easingwold, I hope you played well, bet you did us proud! :D

Helen

Aidan
30.06.2003, 00:01
Cheers for a great day out Sud, Roger, tMM etc etc etc..

Just uploaded my pics :)
Some people might rememeber some.. other people might not remember so many (chris) *cough*...
anyway.. here they are: :)

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Ben%20age%205.jpg
this is Ben (aged 5 ;), well.. maybe after 5 pints then!)

http://www.powow.com/aidan/samels%20head.jpg
this is the head of Mr Neil Samuels from a side on perspective :)

http://www.powow.com/aidan/ben%20and%20his%20bud.jpg
Ben, and his best bud.. or one of them

http://www.powow.com/aidan/doran%20sober.jpg
I think this was the only sober shot of chris i took all day

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Samuels%20Ghost.jpg
The ghost of Neil Samuels

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Sam%20Erder%20and%20Doran.jpg
Sam, Warder and Chris

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Neil%20and%20Jayne.jpg
Neil and Jayne

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Geordie.jpg
This is the Geordie version of Mark Lamaar with a perm ;)

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Ms%20Twigge%20and%20her%20finger.jpg
Ms. Twigge... and her finger

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Doran%20not%20quite%20as%20sober.jpg
Yes.. erm.. well.. I hope you can find it in your hearts not to moderate this one ;) :!:

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Neil%20molesting%20jayne.jpg
Chris and Jayne (she gets about abit)

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Doran%20eyes.jpg
Chris eyes have started to go, which means it must be nearly 6 o'clock

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Doran%20soberish.jpg
Here he is wisely hiding his eyes, to fool us into thinking he's not bladdered.. but not quite getting away with it ;)

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Erder%20and%20neils%20tongue.jpg
Neil spills Warder's pint and offers to make it up to him

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Sam%20Mong.jpg
Sam, explaining to the traffic warden why he is parked in the disabled spaces

http://www.powow.com/aidan/geordie%20and%20ms%20twigge.jpg
Geordie and Ms. Twigge

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Chris%20and%20Rachel.jpg
Onto the curry house and Chris had lost a contact lense inbetween some baps

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Chris%20on%20Floor.jpg
Chris seems oblivious to the fact that he has just fallen off his chair onto the floor and carries on texting on his mobile... good work!

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Doran%20Gesture.jpg
Chris realises that he has fallen on the floor

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Neil%20making%20a%20mess%20of%20the%20table.jpg
Neil, making a nice mess of the table

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Chris%20nose%20in%20drink.jpg
Chris seemingly decides that he is bored with the conventional methods and procedes to attempt to down a glass of water through his nose...

http://www.powow.com/aidan/Chris%20key.jpg
The end of the night.. back at the B&B and, on the 7th attempt, Chris manages to get the key in the door...

A good days work

(... ok iv replaced all the pics with the url's now.. should work.. just more hassle :P)

RITE!!! THIS IS WAR.. Cancel all that... cos im a cheap student and signed up to a free hosting thing.. they advertise instead of showing the picture!!! so you have to do it manually.. by copying the address and going to it yourself!

Euph-Bari
30.06.2003, 00:09
can't see any of those pic aidan :(

Aidan
30.06.2003, 00:20
:S
all the links are correct.. it just doesnt seem to want to show them :(

TheMusicMan
30.06.2003, 00:28
Hey Nadia - when I tried a replica post - they all worked.... :? I even changed the 1st one back to the img tag and it's showing the pic now....

Very strange...

Aidan
30.06.2003, 00:31
dodgy.. o well.. i think i was editing it while you were doing that so iv chnaged em all back again :S oops :roll:

TheMusicMan
30.06.2003, 00:35
I hope your 5'er was put to good use :lol: :lol:

Aidan
30.06.2003, 00:40
oh yes :)
decided to ditch the wine, but it bought around 2/3 of a chicken saag :)
cheers!

Darth_Tuba
30.06.2003, 01:45
All the pics seemed to work for me... having seen them though I'm quite glad no one else can get to them!!!

Darth_Tuba
30.06.2003, 01:48
But there aren't any speed cameras on there Chris!!!!!

Did you not see the copper??

Had a lovely time, great to meet everyone at long last!

See you all in November.

Rach x

I didnt see him no, I was too busy concentrating on how much sleeping I was gonna do on my return home.

Brassbones
30.06.2003, 10:31
Right click and "Save target as", point to a suitable (!) folder on your HD!

rach marriott
30.06.2003, 10:37
Right click and "Save target as", point to a suitable (!) folder on your HD!

Is this targeted at me, per chance??!!!

Thanks x

big_benthomson
30.06.2003, 10:53
hope everyone had a good evening
there were a few moments that dont quite come to the forefront of my memory but it was all good fun
just reminiscing a few moments
1. marching on the right foot instead of left for the majority of slaidburn
2. Rach falling flat on her rear after a few cokes
3. the BOC sat behind us when playing mephi (the BOC with the postcard)
4. the colour of chris' shirt by the end of the night
5. neil spiking me drink whilst i was away
6. a general 'Doran in the curry house'
i'm sure there was more but i cant quite remember.
top photos aido.
theres a well dodgy one of nobby and me posted up by CRat63. im not quite sure what that face was about to be honest

ben

rach marriott
30.06.2003, 10:57
2. Rach falling flat on her rear after a few cokes

ben

That was purely strategic...I needed to sit down for a moment!!!!! :?

I'd just like to say "thank you" to Warder & Chris for picking me up (and to Neil for just looking terribly disgusted!!)

I may keep off the pop in future... :shock:

yorkie19
30.06.2003, 11:00
I've got some well dodgy photos too, which I'll post later on.

Neil was spiking everyone's drinks. Thankfully, it was only VK and not neat vodka!

Sam

big_benthomson
30.06.2003, 11:29
funny tho, neil was buying all the VK, then not drinking it, jst pouring it in everyone elses pint on the quiet.
i remember you had a good photo of the leyland boys all together sam, absoloutley faced.
Another good moment was the singing at the George when some other band began, then got completeley wiped out by us lot.

rach marriott
30.06.2003, 11:33
funny tho, neil was buying all the VK, then not drinking it, jst pouring it in everyone elses pint on the quiet.
i remember you had a good photo of the leyland boys all together sam, absoloutley faced.
Another good moment was the singing at the George when some other band began, then got completeley wiped out by us lot.

I missed the singing...where was I? :?

yorkie19
30.06.2003, 11:55
Yeah, i remember that. Wasn't it a full band that got out-sung?

I've got a lovely recording of 'Our Tom Cat' with Doran doing the obligato 'Beef' whenever he felt like it.

Sam

Brassbones
30.06.2003, 12:09

Maybe you went for a little spin in your car! :P

geordiecolin
30.06.2003, 17:43
Looks like you had a good time. Wish i could have come down but i had to work (that overdraft is a killer!!). nice pics aidan, although i would like to point out that "geordie" is actually Rob from Sacriston.

Darth_Tuba
30.06.2003, 17:49
Yeah, i remember that. Wasn't it a full band that got out-sung?

I've got a lovely recording of 'Our Tom Cat' with Doran doing the obligato 'Beef' whenever he felt like it.

Sam

I don't think the songs the same without the random "beef" thrown in for good measure! It's a good tactic for when you are too faced to even remember the words to the simplest of all the drinking songs!

rach marriott
01.07.2003, 10:19

Maybe you went for a little spin in your car! :P

In the words of an infamous Northerner..."kiss my....."!!!!! :wink:

SoloBaritone
01.07.2003, 19:18
Hello!!

This is the first time I've been on here since Saturday, I haven't managed to make it into uni before!

How funny are those photos! Aidan, try and put yours up like that cos I can't look at them at uni and Lee can't get them up either.

I've got to say I was absolutely leathered!!! Every time I went to the bar I got a shot of vodka too, nice!

I must say sorry to Sam and Nigel who had to put up with me all the way back to York. Lee told me I never shut up, but that taxi firm really annoyed me! I think I gave them some right greif!

Top p**s up and nice to see all my mates again.

Jayne

SoloBaritone
01.07.2003, 19:34
Rach, what was I saying to you?! Can you remember?? All I remember is asking you to be my best mate or something!!! Don't know what the hell I was going on about!

Jayne

Aidan
01.07.2003, 19:37
How funny are those photos! Aidan, try and put yours up like that cos I can't look at them at uni and Lee can't get them up either.

If i could, I would :P

leebarrie
01.07.2003, 19:45
I can't look at them at uni and Lee can't get them up either.

You could have phrased it a bit better.!!!!! :oops:

rach marriott
01.07.2003, 20:03
Rach, what was I saying to you?! Can you remember?? All I remember is asking you to be my best mate or something!!! Don't know what the hell I was going on about!

Jayne

To be fair...I was rangooned! Things are a bit hazy! Like the photo of you & Neil - very cheeky! :D

Darth_Tuba
01.07.2003, 21:37
Would you like me to email you aidans pics Jayne? I have them all on my hard drive so it wouldn't be a prob. They are mostly of me though, as Aidan seems to have an unhealthy obsession with me! :? Either that or I was the only one dicking around in a manner that warranted photos! :oops:

Aidan
01.07.2003, 23:08
mainly.. and the fact that everyone was wetting themselves at you and going "take a picture, take a picture" for most of the night

Brassbones
02.07.2003, 10:08
mainly.. and the fact that everyone was wetting themselves at you and going "take a picture, take a picture" for most of the night

At last, someone makes a bigger dick of themselves than me!!! Its been a long time coming!! BEURGH!!! :D

Darth_Tuba
02.07.2003, 12:58
Well, remember folks, arsing around keeps the BOCs away!!!! :lol:

Brassbones
02.07.2003, 13:52
Well, remember folks, arsing around keeps the BOCs away!!!! :lol:

Best!

SoloBaritone
02.07.2003, 19:59
Sorry darlin, I'll choose my words a bit better next time!

Jayne
xxx