PDA

View Full Version : Fancy Sponsoring tMP for a month ... ? please :)

TheMusicMan
20.05.2003, 11:18
Hi Everyone.... :)

OK... here's some exciting news for those that might be interested in;
1 - playing a significant part in the continued development of theMouthPiece.com
2 - increasing the number of hits to your band, individual or charity web site
As most of you here on tMP will know - mainly due to the fact that you have been a significant part of our growth :D - we have been growing here both in terms of membership and number of visitors, at a phenomenal rate :tup . This growth rate has far exceeded my expectations, and I am extremely grateful to you all for your unsolicited messages, support and encouragement - received from many wonderful people here. Our membership has grown from zero to 640 in 6 months, and the number of page request delivered by our servers almost exceeds three quarters of a million hits.... yup, that's 750,000 requests for pages... in 6 months. Quite staggering really...:)

After being live for only 6 months, we are presently reaching 98% of our monthly bandwidth capacity and I will now be charged additional increased rates as we continue to grow :cry: . As I provide this site free, now has come the time that I need to upgrade the service provided by my WebHosting company such that we can cope with this unprescedented growth in membership and demand, and remain the most successful Brass Discussion Forum on the web.

I have no desire to become a commercial enterprise and will not compromise the services I currently offer. There are many super commercial Brass WWW sites available already and I do not wish to compete with them in any way. We are a discussion forum, and will remain a discussion forum.

To help with the growing costs of hosting and maintaining theMouthPiece.com, and to ensure its continued & ongoing development and availability for many years - I wish to introduce a totally voluntary 'Sponsor tMP' on a monthly basis (no long term commitment) feature for bands, charities and individuals alike [NB: commercial organisations please contact me for more details]- for those who would wish to help in any way. Here's the deal...

For 10.00/m you will get....

To be published (with your permission of course) and recognised as a major sponsor of theMouthPiece.com. This will include a new Rank Image "tMP Sponsor" together with an entry on a new page of all sponsors.

A Banner Advert presented on every page of tMP shared on a rotation basis throughout a particular month. Much in the same method and location as the recent '6 Months Live' and 'Monthly Competition' award banners. The advert will be rotated each page refresh/time interval and will feature a URL link to your band or individual www site. Given the current tMP access statistics averaging 48,000 page requests per week, your banner will be displayed on at least 20,000 web pages.

You can select from any of 10 available pre-defined graphical banners. On each banner, the text will be customisable/defined by yourselves and we may be able to add a logo (depending on quality/size etc), or alternatively you can provide a banner yourselves to certain file size and pixel dimensions.

For an additional small 1-off amount we will also design a banner for your band based on information you provide. You can use this banner whenever/wherever you like.Any monies received will only go towards the hosting and development costs of tMP - no money will be used for time/labour. If the interest in this is greater than anticipated, then I'll (1) reduce the price and (2) increase the number of banners/month. Please remember that I do not intend to become a commercial venture and I have no intention of frightening anyone off at all by this proposal. All services on offer here at theMouthPiece.com will remain free of charge and this Sponsorship option is TOTALLY voluntary and will help with the escalating running costs of tMP..... :)

Please contact me at john@themouthpiece.com or http://www.themouthpiece.com/templates/subSilver/images/lang_english/icon_pm.gif if you're interested in helping me out and Sponsoring tMP .. :)

PeterBale
23.05.2003, 10:58
I think the sponsorship idea is a good one. Has there been much interest shown yet?

TheMusicMan
24.05.2003, 09:29
Hi Peter

Yup, we should have a good compliment of Sponsors for June 1st.... thanks, you included... :)

Still need more though...... anyone else..... :( :( :?: :?:

bigmamabadger
20.11.2003, 19:38
I have a friend who runs a small (tiny) graphics and ecology business, and I occasionally work for her. I was describing tMP ad banners to her and she thought it sounded a good idea.
I know it's not band-related (apart from my occasional involvment) but she's be quite happy to sponsor tMP for a month from February '04.
She's got her own logos that could be incorporated into the banner, and a website.
Any thoughts?
I won't be offended if you say no. :wink:
BigMamaBadger