zulu....again.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bagpuss, Dec 17, 2005.

1. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

I know there's been loads of posts about how good zulu is but I'm going to add another one.

Played it in rehearsal tonight. There's nothing like a good bit of zulu to relieve all those feelings of aggression and frustration especially if like me you get to knock seven shades out of percussion!!! Yes I know it was only a reahearsal, yes I know last on the program for the concert, yes I know I dented the timp skins playing it, yes I know I'm probably too loud but I really don't care because I enjoyed it!!!!

Puss

2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I envy you! I bought it for my band but the Conductor feels it is too difficult for most of the band! I can only dream of playing it. :(

3. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Ah how well I remember the first time I heard Zulu...
    It was on a canal boat somewhere in the Midlands, listening to Listen To The Band with the crappy car-radio style wireless turned up full blast so the reverb was making the hull shake. And the Jessop-Smythe and Bagpuss commentary consisting of "That's ****", "That bit doesn't go like that", "The drummer's too quiet".
    Ah happy days...
    BMB
    xx

4. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Ahh yes I too remember it being systematically murdered on there!!

By the way, is that red nose on your avatar standard on all badgers or is it an upgrade???

Puss

5. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Lol! It sounded 'awesome' (lol) in the concert! I heard perc parts that I've never heard before! :eek::tup

6. Steve

Steve Active Member

awesome or awwwwsome. lol gotta love posh folk trying to be cool.

Hoorraahhh

7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Standard Xmas issue: a result of too much mulled wine. It will go in the New Year. Hopefully.:icon_wink:
    BMB
    xx