Zorbing/sphering, anyone done it??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Podgypickle, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Podgypickle

Podgypickle Member

What have I let myself in for? I've got a Uni reunion coming up and we have decided to meet up in Cardiff....got a telephone call last night to find out we've been booked in to go zorbing??!! Just had a look on the internet to find out exactly what it's about having already agreed to do it.....Arrggh!!

Basically I'm gonna be pushed of a hill inside a see through inflatable gerbil ball....I'm feeling green already!!

Has anyone done it before??? Please tell me it's not as bad as it looks.

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:lol: dont have a big meal b4 you do that :p

4. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

I used to get up to stunts like this when I was an idiotic, irresponsible 11/12 year old.
    I remember that the cardboard bottom of a smarties tube was exactly the same size as an old shilling (5p piece). If you poked them into the money slot of the driers at the local laundauette with a chip fork you could then climb inside and get a free whirly-gig ride.

I also remember once being pushed down a hill in one of them 55 gallon steel oil barrels and hitting a tree at the bottom. That was not at all pleasant - I honestly thought I was going to die on the way down.

Sounds just the thing for a mad student reunion - but you can get exactly the same effect by drinking yourself stupid and then remaining very still and watch the room spin round. ;)

5. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Hahahaha - I'm sure you'll love it Michelle!!!!!!!!! ;)

6. rutty

rutty Active Member

This explains a lot ;)

7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Sounds fun! Not... I'm not a physical coward (I think...) but I can't be doing with things that spin. Fast cars, planes, no problem, but whirly things at fairgrounds, or indeed, rolling down the hill in a gerbil wheel, no.
    Enjoy...:rolleyes:
    Sympathy for the gerbil.
    BMB
    xx

8. Podgypickle

Podgypickle Member

[Sounds just the thing for a mad student reunion - but you can get exactly the same effect by drinking yourself stupid and then remaining very still and watch the room spin round. ;)[/QUOTE]

Did that last time, had a riotous time. My whole world was spinning not just the room and could see three of everything. Seems it was not memorable enough tho!!!!! Don't think I'll be forgetting this in a hurry.

9. Podgypickle

Podgypickle Member

Het don't laugh to loud Mrs Fruity, I hear there is such a thing as a zorb made for two. I'll be dragging you along it you ain't careful :)

10. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

sounds like great fun! have a go, why not??
    xx

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Uni
    Cardiff
    telephone
    hill
    inflatable gerbil ball
  12. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

Haven't done it - yet! Blokey and I were given a voucher to do hydro-zorbing (two people and a bucket of water in an inflatable bubble) for christmas, just need to find a free weekend and book it.

Can't wait to hear how you get on!

13. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

:(

;)

14. HBB

HBB Active Member

Hehe, Sam, at least you don't have to do any exercise.. it's all done for you! :D