Zone Alarm Security Suite - Problems with TrueVector

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Help!

Can any PC geniuses help, please?

I was downloading the latest ZASS update, when the download was interrupted when the boradband connection went for a little while.

After rebooting, I found that the ZASS has "disappeared" from the start up menu, and refuses to run.

When I tried to repair/reinstall the application, I got the following.

Could not load the DLL Library D:\DOCUMEN~1\Will\Locals~1\vsutil.DLL

and

Set up is unable to log into the TrueVector Service. Install cannot conitnue without loggimg imto the TrueVector Service. Please use the service manager to shut down the TrueVector service and then restart the installer program.

Which makes my brain go aaaaaggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I am running Windows XP home edition, 2.6 Ghz. 1028mb RAM.

I seem stuck. I can't uninstall as I get the an error message about the need for TrueVector, ditto when I try to reinstall, and when I try to run the last executable ZASS file.

There have been references to vsutil.dll and ssleay32.dll but I can;t work out what to so with them.

This is immensely frustrating - can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks

Will the computer beginner

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    TrueVector
    Zone Alarm Security Suite
    ZASS
    DLL Library D
    DOCUMEN~1\Will\Locals~1\vsutil.DLL
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

4. i advise people not have zone alarm, its causes problems rather than fixes them and slows the computer down.

5. Will the Sec

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

7. Will the Sec

Still no joy. I changed the target to enable the clean install as described, but immediately got an error message box that said truevector was not uninstalled. :confused:(The error message in its entirety is shown in the attachment.) Where do I find TrueVector? Is it a file? or one of the DLLs mentioned? Beats me. I should add, this all started when an automatic download was interrupted, so it's all the more irritating.

So, at the moment, I can't use or delete or reinstall or uninstall ZASS, as true vector is the problem. It's almost enough to make me back and use Norton. Almost.

I'm beginning to think that the only solution is to format the hard drive and start again from scratch. :frown:

Grateful for any advice from the tMP legends. (And where's Fishta when you need him!!!:biggrin: )

Thanks, BN, anyway. I appreciate your attempts to help.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

9. Will the Sec

OK, I've had enough.

I'm away for work tomorrow, and on leave on Wednesday.

Wednesady will see me formating the hard drive, get rid of all the excess program files I've accumulated, and start everything afresh.

See you in a few days!

Will the Fed Up

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:-? ... did you find and stop the truevector process in Task Manager (Control/Alt/Del > processes) ???

11. dyl

dyl Active Member

Bye! Have fun.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    TrueVector
    Zone Alarm Security Suite
    ZASS
    DLL Library D
    DOCUMEN~1\Will\Locals~1\vsutil.DLL
  13. Will the Sec

It wasn't showing at all, yet the error messages say differently. (VSMON.EXE) :eek:

Grrrrrr. This never happened with papyrus, ink and a quill....

14. Will the Sec

It gets worse.... having given up on trying to fix the problem, and decided to format the hard drive, windows now won't let me even do that!

Pass....

15. dont format yor hdd as this will loose everything unless you make sure you have backed everything up on disk. like i said in a previous message zone alarm is a waste of time and would not recommend it to anyone. i have worked it IT for 6yrs and im MCSE and MCSA qualified. i would just delete zone alarms. i sell people macafee internet security 2006 which i think is much better

16. Will the Sec

I CAN'T delete it. Any other ideas? Aside from "Don't use it":rolleyes:

17. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  18. have you been into control panel add/remove programs the only other way is to go into the regsitry and delte it that way which is very complicated.

you can also try

start
    run
    then type msconfig

you should then get a box i think its the 3rd tab across it will come up with all the start up files and find it in there and stop it, which you then will defently be able to delte it

19. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- there are known issues regarding Zone Alarm, and Will has tried all the standard procedures you suggest to uninstall the proggy. Thanks anyway, but unless someone goes and has a look at what's hiding there in his PC, we can only mention verified seek and destroy methods.

20. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I installed an upgrade for ZoneAlarm last week, and i had a lot of problems as well! After restarting my PC, I couldn't get onto the internet anymore. I had to completely uninstall Zonealarm. (Luckily i could still do this...). i'm now using the built-in firewall of Windows XP SP2

21. Will the Sec

Well, after an email from ZoneLabs saying they've "never heard of this" and will email me back, and some help from a learned colleague, I've formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows etc, and boy does it run quick by comparison!

Seems weird not having all my normal programmes, but hey, I'm back on line and protected again.

What a palaver!

22. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Aw well, at least you'll have fun doing all the upgrades again! (or maybe not)