Zaja Valve Oil

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Accidental, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Anyone know where I can get Zaja Oil in the UK?

Our last batch came from Broadland music but their website seems to be dead, there's none on Ebay and google isn't helping.... I need my vanilla fix!
  2. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

I think they are now, unfortunately, out of business.

Have you tried Phil Parkers?
  3. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Alex - I have never found any success getting Zaja in the UK, when I have purchased it I have used the US stores (Hickeys in particular). A good service and shipping that is very reasonable, especially if you are buying more than a single bottle or other accessories/music as well.
    My apologies if you first got into Zaja scented due to Clare Tarron - it could have been my fault (I introduced her to it) lol
    I will have a search around here, I might have a bottle kicking around somewhere
  4. Accidental

Hi Mike,
    thanks for that - I'll hunt through some US stores and get a batch in.
    And yes, it appears you are ultimately to blame.... half the band is using the stuff now! ;)
  5. trumpetmike

Sorry Alex - have checked, have got Strawberry, Lime, Watermelon and Grapefruit, but no Vanilla.

I got sick of the smell of it after a while.
  6. Accidental

sick of vanilla? :eek: Never!

actually, the lass who sits next to me would probably agree..... she even stopped using a vanillary perfume because it smelt like my valves, lol.

I've ordered a gazillion bottles of the stuff from a US supplier so thanks for the tip.
  7. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

It's all about getting the right mix! I use vanilla on one valve, strawberry on another and swiss chocolate on the last one.... the result...... Neopolitan ice cream scented goodness!!!! I find the chocolate and vanilla on their own a bit sweet but in combination it's lovely!! :D
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I would have thought that it might be a tad sharp! :rolleyes:
  9. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Nope! Maybe I should have invested in some of the lime scented to put on my first valve to save me lipping up? Instant sharpness!!! ;)
  10. trumpetmike

I would avoid the Lime at all costs - it smells of Toilet Duck!
    I used to use it on student's valves when they had forgotten their oil - after a week of having their valves STINK of toilet cleaner they never forgot their oil again!!
  11. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Hahahaha! Great tip ;)
  12. Accidental

when I suggested that one, everyone looked at me like I was insane..... guess you just confirmed their suspicions! ;)

It puts me more in mind of cat wee..... I'd rather be unable to to play than use that flavour again!

I'm definitely a vanilla girl.