Zaja Valve Oil

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Accidental, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Anyone know where I can get Zaja Oil in the UK?

Our last batch came from Broadland music but their website seems to be dead, there's none on Ebay and google isn't helping.... I need my vanilla fix!

2. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

I think they are now, unfortunately, out of business.

Have you tried Phil Parkers?

3. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Alex - I have never found any success getting Zaja in the UK, when I have purchased it I have used the US stores (Hickeys in particular). A good service and shipping that is very reasonable, especially if you are buying more than a single bottle or other accessories/music as well.
    My apologies if you first got into Zaja scented due to Clare Tarron - it could have been my fault (I introduced her to it) lol
    I will have a search around here, I might have a bottle kicking around somewhere

4. Accidental

Hi Mike,
    thanks for that - I'll hunt through some US stores and get a batch in.
    And yes, it appears you are ultimately to blame.... half the band is using the stuff now! ;)

5. trumpetmike

Sorry Alex - have checked, have got Strawberry, Lime, Watermelon and Grapefruit, but no Vanilla.

I got sick of the smell of it after a while.

6. Accidental

sick of vanilla? :eek: Never!

actually, the lass who sits next to me would probably agree..... she even stopped using a vanillary perfume because it smelt like my valves, lol.

I've ordered a gazillion bottles of the stuff from a US supplier so thanks for the tip.

7. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

It's all about getting the right mix! I use vanilla on one valve, strawberry on another and swiss chocolate on the last one.... the result...... Neopolitan ice cream scented goodness!!!! I find the chocolate and vanilla on their own a bit sweet but in combination it's lovely!! :D

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I would have thought that it might be a tad sharp! :rolleyes:

9. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Nope! Maybe I should have invested in some of the lime scented to put on my first valve to save me lipping up? Instant sharpness!!! ;)

10. trumpetmike

I would avoid the Lime at all costs - it smells of Toilet Duck!
    I used to use it on student's valves when they had forgotten their oil - after a week of having their valves STINK of toilet cleaner they never forgot their oil again!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Zaja Valve Oil
    Broadland
    Zaja Oil
    UK
    Ebay
  12. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Hahahaha! Great tip ;)

13. Accidental

when I suggested that one, everyone looked at me like I was insane..... guess you just confirmed their suspicions! ;)

It puts me more in mind of cat wee..... I'd rather be unable to to play than use that flavour again!

I'm definitely a vanilla girl.