Youth Entertainments in Blackpool

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Sellers_Bird, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

Good luck to all involved today/tomorrow in Blackpool, with special luck to the magnificent Rochdale Borough Youth Band! Show the public what the youth of today is made of 8)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Blackpool
    Rochdale Borough Youth Band
    special luck
    youth of today
    Blackpool Good luck
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Anyone know any results yet?

4. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

Beaumaris Youth Band, conducted by Paul Hughes, have won the contest!

Thats all I know!

Nice one!

5. Di

Di Active Member

Know any of the breakdown of prizes at all?

6. Dolly

Dolly Member

All i really Know is that Poynton Youth were 2nd in both Music and entertainment also taking best soloist - Lizi Sawyer, Best Soprano, Best Basses and best deportment.

Congratulations to Beaumoris, we were equal on points but you took it with more music points well done, i'm sure it was deserved although since we were last didnt get chance to listen to anyone else.

7. Di

Di Active Member

Well done to all! :D Do you have any news at all on Enderby. We had to leave early to catch Vickitorious in contest at NEMBBA! Wow, 2 contests in 1 day! :D :?

8. Dolly

Dolly Member

As far as I can remember i dont think they were placed in either music or entertainment (top 6 were placed in both) though i appologise if im wrong it was a bit of a blur to be honest.

9. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

Rochdale Youth Band were placed 1st in entertainment and 5th in music, which makes them 3rd overall :?: well done to Beaumaris and the other prize winners! 8)

10. Dolly

Dolly Member

By my reckoning overall top three were

1) Beaumoris Youth
    2) Poynton Youth
    3) Rochdale Borough Youth

11. Di

Di Active Member

Dinie wrote:

Dolly wrote:
    :( Musically, wouldn't surprise me, though I thought they may do well on the entertainment side, especially the novalty item. :( Ta anyway. No doubt will find out more at practice tomorrow. I've been home since 5pm having been to Blackpool contest and the NEMBBA contest and I bet Enderby are still only about half way home on the coach! :lol: What time did it all end?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Blackpool
    Rochdale Borough Youth Band
    special luck
    youth of today
    Blackpool Good luck
  13. Dolly

Dolly Member

er about 8 o clock which was better than last year, it got very late then

14. Di

Di Active Member

Ha! they'll definitely still be on the bus then. :lol: They always take hours and have a "comfort break" on the way back. Sooooooooooooo glad I went by car. :D

Once again, well done to all the winners. :D

15. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

I'll hear all about Beaumaris's performance in band tomorrow night, then I will post a thread asap with any findings!!

Same points, it was a close one then!!!!

Well done to others!

16. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Just got back, phew! :roll:
    Well done to all bands, and especially Youth Brass 2000 who I had a brill weekend with, cheers guys!
    YB2K came 4th in Entertainment and 3rd in Music, and also won best march and best back row, an absolutely brill result considering it was such a young band this year! Keep it up guys, and see you soon! :wink:

17. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Worked out we (YB2K) came 4th overall 2 points behind Rochdale, so no shame in that! Amazing that the top 2 bands tied on points and were decided on a technicality... All very tense and exciting!

And yes, Enderby came nowhere and won nothing, and after they came up to us last year saying "and where did YOU come then?" when we'd actually been placed, I can't say I'm particularly upset by the fact!

Anyway, that was the end of my 4 years at YB2K and it weren't a half bad ending! :D

18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

oh yeah, and nice to see icklesop again, and many thanks to Mr Seedhouse for helping us out for the weekend, and allowing himself to be dragged into the deadly trap of giving his phone number to our comittee! :lol:

(always remember to CLENCH...)

19. Di

Di Active Member

Cheers. Just try and remember a previous thread when I pointed we out that we're not all alike at Enderby :wink: In fact, have been trying to get out for some time, but just find a slot for a good little drummer to fit in round here. :( And well done on your result. :)

20. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

ah i know you're not all like that... just the loud ones! And hey, if you can get to Wilbarston every weekend, Chris has a percussion obsession so he'd be delighted!!!

21. Steve

Steve Active Member

Congratulations to every player who took part in the contest. A very well run event this year, a great standard of playing and a brilliant weekend for YB2K. Thanks to Alex (Seedhouse) for stepping in and helping out and hello to anyone else who we met over the weekend

22. Di

Di Active Member

Glad that's settled then! Wilbarston is a bit of a long way but worth thinking about. There is one drawback though, Vicki plays with Hathern n a Sunday, so if hubby brings Adam to Wilbarston, who's gonna cook my dinner for when I get back? :shock: :lol: Seriously though, maybe after the area would be the best time to pop in for a "no strings attached" visit? Can you give me any more details on how many you already have and how the "workload" is distributed? Perhaps on MSN?