You're a lightweight, You're Fired!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SuperMosh, Apr 18, 2007.

Who is going to win then

Poll closed Aug 22, 2007.
  1. Simon

8 vote(s)
  2. Ghazal

1 vote(s)
  3. Tre

3 vote(s)
  4. Kristina

9 vote(s)
  5. Katie

1 vote(s)
  6. Jadine

1 vote(s)
  7. Lohit

1 vote(s)
  8. Naomi

1 vote(s)
  1. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Anybody else watching The Apprentice? (Wednesdays 9pm BBC1)

I think it is class and along with Lost, required viewing in our household.

Andy, Ifti, Rory and Geri now gone...who's next?
  2. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

All of them. The only one with any fire in her belly is the black woman (sorry, dont remember her name). Don't think the others like her and that may be her downfall but I'd certainly have her on my team. Tre is also quite loud but calls it as he sees it in my opinion.
  3. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

euch those two are the ones I hate the most. In my opinion they are just loud mouths with no real ideas and seem to be incapable of talking to people respectfully. The black woman is called Jadine I think btw.

The contestants are getting worse each year. Still watch it though!! :)
  4. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Quite agree. God help the UK if this is the best and brightest young brains we have.
    The only one to look as though she has a few brain cells is Katie.

Its really addictive tv though. Thought last weeks eviction was totally unfair. It seems the loud mouths or those who make good tv are always saved in the early rounds just to add interest to the programme. Thats why Trey and Jadine are still there.
  5. David Mann

David Mann Member

I think it's fascinating as there are so many ways to be fired. If they are too pushy and arrogant they become team leaders early and are shown to be bad managers, however if they are too weak or quiet the aggressive ones exploit this. Good job we don't behave like that in bands!:rolleyes:
  6. Veri

Veri Member

Yes!!! I'm hooked to the Apprentice - I caught it last week for the first time. I left college ten minutes early and drove REALLY fast to get back in time....
  7. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I like the Apprentice, although I agree the quality of candidates isn't as good this year. Glad Sophie went this week, although don't think Adam will last much longer (he sounds like Paddy from Phoenix Nights on valium).
  8. Lotta

Lotta Member

Thats exactly what I said about him!! ding dang doo!!!
  9. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Thought tonight's was very good - Adam is on borrowed time but Natalie was the right choice to fire I reckon.
  10. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

They always seem to dress nicely and pretty much always have different clothes on but their suitcases look quite small so how do they fit so many clothes in?! And what a pain in the a**e packing every week.
  11. deave

deave Member

HAHA!! Lovin' it Jean.

Tre is a legend...don't think he'll win tho!!
  12. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

If she'd taken Katie in with her I reckon she would have survived.
  13. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Yea that's exactly what I said. She wasn't a very good leader and watching her and Katie in the art gallery was embarrassing!!
  14. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I thought this week, the only one on the losing team who actually remembered what they were supposed to be doing was Adam. Despite being boring he seemed to be the only one actually wanting to sell stuff and not just stand round having a chat. You could tell Natalie was going to go in the boardroom. When asked why he shouldn't be fired, Adam gave decent answers related to this weeks task. Natalie gave the bull **** answers everyone gives ("I bring a lot to the table"... what smegging table?!). Highlight of the episode was Alan Sugar ranting about the lips though... class.
  15. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I think Natalie was going was harsh. At the end of the day, she needed everyone to get their ducks in a row and sing off the same hymn sheet. There was a definite lack of blue-sky thinking in her team and she failed to create synergies. There certainly wasn't a footprint for success and a distinct lack of out-of-the-box thinking which meant they didn't pick the low-hanging fruit and seize the quick wins. She does bring a lot to the table.

Just kidding. I couldn't stand her. She rammed her MBA down everyone's throats and used business speak whenever she got the chance.

I'd agree that Adam is on borrowed time as well, although he does make me laugh because he's so blatently out of his depth as well (and he even argued with Alan Sugar when he was told he was too argumentative).
  16. gawber

gawber Active Member

I think Katie would have talked her way out of it and Natalie would still have been fired. I hope Adam isn't on the losing side anytime soon as his days are surely numbered.
  17. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

That made me cringe too... "You're argumentative" "I'm not argumentative!" erm.... d'oh!

Lohit is obviously out of his depth too, he's done nothing since the start of the series and I think it's been spotted. The only way I can see him lasting much longer is by leading a project and doing well, but I can't see it.

In fact, could have quite easily fired any of them this week.

Anyone see any potential winners yet? My moneys on Kristina at the moment. Don't think anyone has shone particularly yet though. Hope Tre stays in for a while for comedy value.
  18. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Yea Tea Tray was well funny last night, I'm thinking Kristina is doing well but don't really know about the Scottish lass, never really seen her doing much.

I thought Adam was good last night until his boardroom non argumentative argument and was actually the only one who did as he was asked by his weak leader who left him to do the "boring" jobs because she obviously can't stand him.
  19. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Tre is the man but I don't think he'll win it. Janine was strangely quiet this week. Perhaps she took last weeks comments on board and is adjusting her strategy.
  20. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Will Sir Alan let any of them win, or will he fire the lot of them for being boring, self-centred and **** at the tasks he gives them?