Your Tiny Hand Is Frozen

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by CaharleyFarley, Mar 29, 2004.

1. I heard Kirsty Abbot playing "Your Tiny Hand Is Frozen" on Listen To The Band last Friday - and have to admit that I have fallen in love with that solo. She plays it beautifully........

I like to have a piece to work on - and since hearing that one - I have just got to have a crack at it - I'm sure that it will suit my playing style well.

Would someone let me know where I can purchase the music (the Langford arrangement) and also what CD does it appear on.

I have tried a few sites without any success........
  2. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

You can buy it from June Emerson wind music suppliers

If you type in 'Puccini Arias' in the search you can get the langford arrangement along with 3 others including Nessun Dorma etc.
    Think its about £10 for all 4 with piano accomp.

They deliver very quickly indeed, they have outstanding service.

Not sure about where you can get band parts etc from though! :?

Good luck with it! :D
  3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

4. Thanks for your comments!

Frickley are recording a CD at the end of April and we may include Your Tiny Hand.
  5. Think Phillip McCann made a recording of it on "More of the World's most Beautiful Melodies"....
  6. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

You can get an arrangement in the original key, recorded by Sandefjord Brass Symposium on their CD Leonardo, by sending us an email at

Gavin Pritchard
    JAGRINS Music Publications -
  7. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

And remember - when the solist is playing "Thy tiny hand is frozen" a hot sausage should be pressed into the palm of her hand.........
  8. What sort of sausage..pork, beef, cumberland..?

Would anything warm work, maybe "playdo" or does it have to be a sausage?

Or is it just a chauvanist trick.......that everyone has to laugh at?
  9. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

It was Caruso singing to Nellie Melba......