Your Song ??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by little_miss_marcroft, Oct 28, 2004.

1. I was having this conversation with a friend the other day... do you have one particular song that makes you really emotional? Just one song that really pulls your heart strings for whatever reason?

Without a doubt mine's My Immortal by Evanescence..... it just sums up the loss of my friend who died this year, and ironically, I was listening to it at the point I found out she had died.

But it doesn't have to be sad !! Ignition Remix by R Kelly really makes me smile these days cos it reminds me of someone really special, and I go all like this :-D when I hear it !!

2. whoops.... I meant to post this in random chat and off topic.... can it be moved?!

*rolls her eyes and smiles nicely at the mods* :roll:

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

WOW - :shock::shock: now there's a first... hehehehehehe

4. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

This might sound very sad...

Hanson "mmm-bop" or whatever it is!
    I'd just passed my driving test. Got me first car (Ford Fiesta), which only had a Radio (no Cassette player). It was the time when Hanson was been played on every radio station - consequently, every time I drove my car I had to listen to Hanson!!!

I also get a strange sell of Forest Fresh Magic Tree when I here MMM Bop!!!
    [​IMG]

5. Don't push it :mad:

6. lololololol @ hanson.... I used to fancy that little drummer!! I had a video of him that my friend recorded off mtv or the box or something... and I used to pause it at this one bit allll the time!! And my homework diary was covered in pictures of him !! awwww, little zak !!

Then I saw him on telly about 6 years later with a hideous deep american draully accent, with spots and manky dreds... typical !!

7. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

:p
    And what makes it worst is that they use it on a chewing gum ad (I think)
    Why couldn't it have been something cool! For the rest of my life its gonna be Mmm Bop-red fiesta-Forest freshmagic trees.

Still, at least I didn't fancy them (especially the one who everyone thought was a girl!!!;)

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Now that's more like the LMM us mods/admins have all come to know and love... :biggrin:

9. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

I have a whole load of tunes that remind me of everything lol....

Wham - Freedom
    Elvis - Wonder of You.. no guesses
    Ultrabeat - Pretty Green Eyes...again no guesses

but the all time favourite is BUILD ME UP BUTTERCUP.. one that gets everyone smiling and singing along :D

10. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

Cha Cha Slide gets me grooving every time, but the Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice makes me really upset.

Stuck by Stacey Oricco makes me all "meh"

but there's tonnes that i can grove to, i dance to anything!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    My Immortal
    Ignition Remix
    Evanescence
    R Kelly
    friend
  12. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

The candlelight remix of Dj Sammy- heaven makes me cry.
    And flowers in the window by travis is my happy song, don't know why though!

13. who wants to live forever, by queen

everytime i get really deep and serious.

it's a combination of the lyrics and thinkin' of the point in freddie mercury's life when he wrote it

14. brassybabe

brassybabe Member

yeah i have loads too.

'cha cha slide' reminds me of my holiday with the gals, then i have loads that remind me of my friends dancing in a very drunken state: 'Blame it on the boogy', 'Love train' etc
    then i have my soppy ones that remind me of the special people in my life like 'Always' (yes i'm a bon jovi fan), 'Don't wanna miss a thing'. :D

15. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Song

Mr Blue Sky by ELO
    Cant beat it

16. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

So hard to choose, so many songs for so many different occasions.
    An all time tear-jerker for many reasons, is the Puff Daddy/Faith Evans version of The Police classic I'll be watching you, entitled I'll be missing you. It gets me everytime.

17. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Anything by the King does it for me , but will pick "The Wonder of you" if pushed.Next up is "Atmosphere" by Joy Division and then "The Mercy Seat" from Nick Cave.

"It was a good year for the roses" (Elvis Costello) and "I will talk but Hollywood will listen"(Robbie Williams) are fine tunes but remind me of particularly disastrous relationships !!!

Miss Presley - are you still out there in tmp land ? come and bail me out with more Elvis tunes - failing that , 2nd man down , where has she gone ???!!!

18. six pints

six pints Active Member

officially summer of 69

unofficially i cant say... not cos im embarassed, but its MY song and it gives away too many secrets of my life.

19. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

for a man with a rather serious music obsession (my cd collection was the only "must" for uni...) it pains me to admit that the one song that has the most emotion attached to it for me is "Truly Madly Deeply" by Savage Garden... veeeeeeeerry long story...

20. Savage Garden also did a great song called, "Two Beds And A Coffee Machine" - it doesnt relate to me as such... I just always thought it was an absolutely beautiful song.

Another one I forgot was "In The Arms Of An Angel" By Sarah McLaughlin... absolutely beautiful song.. has made me cry many a time !!!

21. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

everbody hurts (REM)
    flying without wings (westlife..... SHUT IT!!!)
    in the arms of the angel all make me feel quite emo.

time of your life (greenday) and wake me up when september ends (also greenday) make me think of my boyfriend and how happy he makes me

teenage mutant ninja turtles,
    tequila
    the macarena are my saving graces at work when i'm on the boring ride coz i can dance to them

cha cha slide makes me happy coz i remember drunken band xmas parties... nuff said :p

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    My Immortal
    Ignition Remix
    Evanescence
    R Kelly
    friend