Your Prayers are needed

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by mikelyons, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Sorry to hear this sad news Mike. Please pass on my condolences to Rebecca's family.

Roger, Salli and all at Wem.

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Please assure her family and friends that there are many of us who will be upholding them in prayer in the coming days.

3. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

As above we will be remembering Rebeccas family and friends in our prayers.

4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Hi All, I am both happy and embarrassed to report that I have been passing on mis-information.

I'm a bit handicapped with being off school, as I tend to only get half the story. However, when I rang school to ask the Head to pass on your prayers and mine to Rebecca's parents, he was a little surprised when I asked when the funeral was.

Apparently, my colleague at band had got it wrong. What has happened is that Rebecca has been taken off life-support and it was thought that, being so poorly she may not survive the transition to breathing for herself. Apparently she has done so and, although she is unconscious, she is still with us.

I am rather happy to tell you that reports of Rebecca's demise have been greatly exaggerated, though those of my colleague may not be so.

Seriously, there still remains the likelihood that Rebecca will be affected by severe brain damage. Your continuing prayers are therefore very important.

5. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

My prayers are with Rebecca's family and friends at this very difficult time. May God give them strength to get through this.

6. schilke

schilke New Member

Our Prayers and thoughts go to Rebecca and her Family at this so sad time but we hope that she will somehow pull through this awful accident and be well again.
    Paula and Dave Ablett

7. Di

Di Active Member

Such excellent news that Rebecca is still with us.

We've got everything crossed for her and hope that she comes through this. Rebecca and her family are in our thoughts.

8. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

i'm so sorry to hear such awful news.i don't do prayers, sorry, but still care. hope works out ok and my thoughts with u and yours.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  9. mikelyons

I just thought I'd say you lot constantly please me with your capacity for empathy and your willingness to care for others. It makes belonging to a band worthwhile when things like this happen and you all rally round like the champions you are.

Thank you all.

10. Di

Di Active Member

Is there any more news Mike?

11. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Come on Rebecca pull through this one we are all thinking of you on here:)

12. mikelyons

HI folks. Thanks for your continued prayers. I don't have any more up-to-date information as yet. Not being in school (still) I only get 2nd hand news. However if I learn of anything I will be the first to let you all know.

Thanks again.

Mike

13. Phoenixhorn

Phoenixhorn Member

Just a quick message to say that I hope things pick up in the near future and Rebecca pulls through.

Richard
    Phoenix west midlands brass band

14. mikelyons

Update

Hello everyone,

I have some good news to report. Rebecca is being moved from ICU to a high dependency unit. She is off life support, and appears to be able to follow people's movements with her eyes, which are open. She also seems to respond when people talk to her.

However, at the moment she is unable to communicate. She has little control of her movements and recovery is likely to be slow. There is a lot to hope for, so please keep up the prayers. It is doing some good. Thank you.

15. Di

Di Active Member

Good news indeed. Lets hope the recovery continues. :)

16. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:) thats fantastic news....

17. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Thats fantastic news Mike

18. Gonga

Gonga New Member

My prayers are with you.

19. lilcornetgirl

lilcornetgirl Member

Thats great news and my pryers are still going out for Rebecca and her parents.

20. hornyhorndude

hornyhorndude New Member

ive only signed up to tmp 2day and ive just read all the posts. its great to hear tht rebecca is making progress and i wish her all the best