Your Nickname then and Now

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Jan 15, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

When you were at school what was your nickname and have you still got it today /have you got several to which you answerto:
    Mine at School was "Perky"
    I have several now:
    Butch, Perky, Perkster, and "****** Loud Baritone Player":clap: :biggrin: :)
  2. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Well Im still at school but they havent changed much since primary school, Ive gotten a few more though. Yoho, Yombee, wonky/wonky dim. I also have several others but I cant remember them :rolleyes:
  3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Calorine, Sparrowslime (or the long version Sparrowslime Flowery Wig), Grandma/Grannie, Twigge, Twiggster, Twigglet, Carol, Car...all of which I am still called by at least one person.

Grandma or Grannie was my main one at school, only called that by a few people now, but it was more common that Caroline at school.

Edit...I forgot Caz, Cazza, Cazzy, Spaz, Spazza etc etc and I forgot the ever so affection name of Dory which lovely Mr Puss gave me!
  4. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Given my maiden name, Hallihan, I suppose Hotlips was inevitable, as was the Hooligan.
    Obviously Badger is my real name and not a nickname at all...
  5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Have no nickname! :(
  6. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I was always Fione or Fifififione at school!(Fione being pronounced Fee-own!)

I'm now Fi, Fi Fi Fi, Smurf, Hobbit, Finny, Big Sis, Sissy, Edwina, Snugglebum and Peanut, oooh and Fifi Trixiebelle at times too!
  7. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

'Gobby' was one of my nicknames. Can't think why??????

'Lanky' another, was one of the tallest in my year.

And with Pickles as a maiden name, I got called 'young pick' as compared to my older brother who was just 'pick'.
  8. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ive only recently started gettin nicknames.. apart from my dad and my big bro.. my dad calls me celery, and my big bro calls me serz (its kinda hard to type that, cuz its how its said.. kinda like sairz i guess..)

a few people call me chappers (cheers guys! :D ) some people call me by my username and i get called sazzles occasionally, otherwise.. everyone just calls me sarah.

missed one.. before the person left the band, he called me scouse.
  9. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

During my first year of high school marching band, I was pretty much a dork and kinda clumsy, so after someone called me 'Dufus' one day, it kinda stuck. But over time, I grew out of my earlier state and my name changed into just plain ol' 'Doof.' (People said there was a difference and the latter carried much more respect... but I still hesistate to believe them... oh well - ancient history)

These days, the first chair Euph calls me his 'little bitty buddy.' (I'm 6'5" and he's in his 60s... ironic, eh? He's so cool though...)

I don't have any specific nicks. If I'm driving the Jeep, people I know usually call me 'Mister 4x4,' prompted by the big windshield sticker, I guess. Every now and then, someone will call me 'Hoss,' 'Big-Dawg,' or 'Biggun.' (Coincidentally, Hoss Cartwright from the TV western Bonanza was originally named Eric as well...)
  10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

In school I was called 'Cornish' by a few close mates.... 'Music Freak' tended to be thrown my direction a lot.... Still get the odd person calling me 'Cornish'... but other than that, I don't remember any other nicknames from my school days.

My nana always has, and always will, call me 'Mimi' and this has been picked up by most of my family members now... it's kinda cute I guess.

Na, Nao, Nar, Nomi, Mimi.... those are the main ones I get called now...
  11. 1alexm

1alexm Member

alex insted of alexander, and yes i still have that nickname
  12. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

You can pick one of mine to have - don't say that I never give you anything!
  13. persins

persins Member

At school I had ones such as:
    The Milkybar Kid; Percy; Penfold but they didn't really stick.
    I had more at uni though like:
    Simeony; sharky; Rupert (the Bottlesnatcher); Knob;
    I have since picked up Jacques and vvvvvvvrrrrrrrrroooooooooommmmmmmmmm
    as I apparently look a lot like Villeneuve!

The only ones that have stuck are Rupert and Knob, although the Villeneuve ones are relatively recent so still amusing!
  14. Lisa

Lisa Member

That's a good one, that! ;)

The only nickname I used to have was Pleasa when I was about 11...and my friends all had nicknames too! There was Splemily Spliff (Emily Smith), Pot (Charlotte), Kater (Katie), Goose (Lucy), Sooty (Idris), Flee (Leigh), Blobert (Robert), Spilly (Millie) and spanner (Spencer).
    And we all belonged to a secret club called the Squarren club...well, actually only 6 or 7 of us belonged becuase there were only 6 or 7 membership cards but I can't remember who!
    Apart from that I'm just called Lisa or Leeeeeese now...although my youngest sister sometimes calls me Blah!
  15. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

When I was a mere teenager, I was frequently addressed as Blod. I think this was a reference to Blodwyn Pygg, who died while valliantly attempting to eat enough sausages to cross the Thames estuary. This was probably from my habit of inhaling my food. My siblings were all greedy pigs and would have inhaled it if I hadn't done so first, so it was really from a survival instinct.

I have occasionally suffered from Lenny and Leo, but the kids at school have limited imaginations and I'm currently just 'Lyons'. At a previous school I was 'finbarr saunders' but I can't think why;) .
  16. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

When Boris Becker was winning Wimbledon, I used to be called Boris because I looked like him. Even my Grandmother thought so. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to play tennis anything like as well (and still can't :( )

Another nickname was Concorde, because my friends thought I had a big nose! That didn't last long, luckily. Quite a few other nicknames too, but none very complimentary, and some which contravene tMP's FFF rules! :oops:
  17. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Thats a lie! Your the bunny! and you've been Neb and a flowerpot man previously aswell!
  18. julestools

julestools Active Member

Always been Jules since I was a kid and Julestools since I started fixing things. Went out for a walk today and repaired two cars before i got home. I just can't say no (especialy to helpless young ladies) :)
  19. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

None really until secondary school where I became Rach, which is still used by some, along with Rachie and Rae.

At Uni things got a little more imaginative with me mishearing Rach as Reg :rolleyes: which promptly stuck, especially in my house where it became Reg Our Glorious Leader (any Python worth their salt will get that one!). It made for an interesting household - 2 girls and a bloke and our answering machine said "Hi, you've reached the home of Rob, Bob and Reg...." - my housemate Rob still has a tendency to start a phone call with "REGINALD!!!!!!" :p

From then Rach tended to stick, along with Felicity (very very long story) and now I'm known to all at Hepoil as Marcie due to my uncanny resemblance to the Peanuts ubergeek (which I actually find very flattering!) and at work I'm either Doc or Inky Swot due to my ability to get into work and get on with studying while the kettle's still boiling....maybe my band have the right idea about me...

Marcie xxx
  20. Di

Di Active Member

Aww, yes you have bunny hunny. ;)