Your Karaoke song......

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by yr_epa, Feb 17, 2005.

1. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

Whats the song that you always sing in a Karaoke?

For me it would have to be Fields of Athenry or Love Really Hurts Without You (Billy Ocean)......

How about you?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Karaoke
    Fields of Athenry
    Love Really Hurts Without You
    Billy Ocean
    Hurts
  3. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Well, those at Pontins may have heard me sing "Kiss", Prince/Tom Jones, but my best one is NEW YORK, NEW YORK, (Metropole in Blackpool, night before 2004 areas).

4. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

I've been known to trot out anything by Frank Sinatra, Mustang Sally or Dock of the Bay. Although on one eventful drink fuelled night I bluffed my way through "I've got a brand new combine Harvester", and I also do a mean Scottish rendetion of "My first My last My everything" very tasteful

To be fair I'm big enough to be Barry White's love child anyway ;-)

5. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I have no shame when it comes to singing karaoke, especially with a gut full of beer. My favourite time, which may not be the view of the audience, was when I sang Bohemian Rhapsody in a bar called Raffles in Perth WA. There was a guy there from the aussie equivalent of the bootleg beatles singing Led Zep songs and appeared to be trying to get through all four albums. Thus yours truly attempted sing at a pitch, which was removed from my range when I was about 15. Got cheers from the English contigent in the audience including some gentleman from Darlington. When the other singer suggested that I was not up to the expected standard I performed a move that is generally reserved these days for rappers, and intimated that he may like to orally ingest the proffered movement.

Still can sing quite high falsetto so have also performed Careless Whisper, where I won a £10.00 bet with the bloke who was running the show, by hitting the very high D towards the end.

Latest one to do is Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus. If only Mina Suvari would turn up when I'm singing it [​IMG]

6. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I did total eclipse of the heart once...... went shockingly wrong though

7. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

me and a few people i know from youth band did bon jovis livin on a prayer at pontins... it was funny, hardly any of us knew the verse, but we all knew the chorus

8. becks164

becks164 Member

well me and my friends at uni like to sing build me up buttercup cause thats such an ace song!!!

9. HBB

HBB Active Member

Can't beat Like a Virgin...

10. becks164

becks164 Member

touched for the very first time!!! must agree thats a good song lol

11. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I must confess on my 21st I did sing Girls aloud 'Sound of the Underground' and Shiny train's 'Man, I feel like a woman'. The karaoke man did laugh at me for clinging desperatly to my cocktail glass throughout ~ I don't do karaoke very often and there's a good reason for that!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Karaoke
    Fields of Athenry
    Love Really Hurts Without You
    Billy Ocean
    Hurts
  13. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

I always sing "The Best" and if i can drag a bloke up "summer Lovin" or "Paradise by the dashboard light" Not that I can in any way sing tunefully.............

14. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Hmmm, karioke.......
    not done one for ages! Last one must have been 2 or 3 Christmases ago when a load of my mates from school 'sang' Bohemian Rhapsody.

15. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

don't have a fave but Paradise is great if you've got a fab bloke with you as well!! In fact any Meatloaf is good! Not that I can sing!! Ask the neighbours!!

16. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Angels by Robbie Williams, the best song ever! Always ends up with loads of us singing it or rather screeching it at the top of our voices!

17. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Must say in addition to what I wrote before, The Darkness- I Believe In A Thing Called Love has become fairly popular these days. A group of stupidly hyper girls screaming down a microphone........ not good!

18. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

At Harrogate we had our own little Kareoke thing goin on on the bus!!

errrm consisted of..

all the moulin rouge songs..

Honk songs..

and songs from other films like Jungle book! LOL!

errrrmmm and loads of musicals like i know him so well and caberet hehe

twas amazing :D

19. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

We always have "Band Karijoke" on the bus,

THE girl from Glamorgan has ............... etc.
    and Aloute to name but a small selection poor bus driver!

20. mad_female

mad_female Member

Well

When I go to Karaoke it has to be either Beverly Craven's "Promise me" or Bette Midler's "The Rose"......My friend and I do fab Abba and "I know Him so well"

Bagpuss has quite a reputation for karaoke and sings lots of stuff by Robbie Williams, Elton John and things like Candle in the Wind.

Wem band busses are a joy to behold not only do the band have their own "songbook" of well loved rude dities, but there is often also a rousing rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody" emanating from the back of the bus.

Pure bliss

Rhian

21. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Karaoke is a core part of any business trip my team does - when abroad, we suddenly become the Beatles. If you're holidaying in Disney, Florida, this year you can get the whole thing captured on DVD too (pleasure island) - you record the song first then mime to it with fake instruments. The end result always seems hilarious when fuelled by alcohol.

22. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I'm afraid that I always sing the same song on the kareoke, it's 'An American Trilogy' by Elvis, it has to be one of the best songs ever.