Your input please

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brass journo, Mar 10, 2006.

1. brass journo

brass journo Member

As the new Editor of The Conductor Magazine (the official journal of the National Association of Brass Band Conductors) I am instigating a few modifications to the magazine, a quarterly mag which will be available for anyone to purchase.

As part of the new look magazine I would like your input - the opinion of the people who count - those involved in the banding movement and it is not just limited to conductors.

The magazine will incorporate reviews of CDs, books and music, but I would like it to include a great cross-section of bands. So, if you're band, regardless of standard has a CD you would like reviewed then let me know. Also, anything that is reveiwed will also then be sold through a major retailer, thus giving your band maximum advertising and sales potential.

Likewise, if you are a composer or have a publishing business, no matter how big or small then why not consider sending in your music for review - again anything that is reviewed will be marketed through a major retailer.

So what else will the magazine have? Articles of interest, many based around conducting, the brass band movement and wider musical ensembles with a real look at how we can try and further promote banding in the wider musical world. There will also be a broad look at figures within the movement who really make the fraternity tick, so if you have any ideas of people you think should be featured, let me know.

Adverts will also play a part in the magazine, but I aim to make the advertising rates accessible to everyone with highly competitive rates for new businesses.

The long term aim of the magazine is to make sure it continuously develops and never forgets the people that matter. The magazine is currently available to every member of the National Association of Brass Band Conductors but from May will be available on subscription for an initial offer of £10 per year + £2.50 p & p for the first year.

If you would like to be involved, have any ideas or want to know more, feel free to contact me at

Many thanks

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006