Your Favourite Bond Villain

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Bass Man, Oct 14, 2006.

Who was the best Bond Villain

1. Dr No

0 vote(s)
  2. Auric Goldfinger

3. Odd Jobb

4. Blofeld

5. Tee - Hee

0 vote(s)
  6. Fransisco Scaramanga

7. Jaws

8. Max Zorin

9. Alec Trevelyan (006)

0 vote(s)
  10. Xenia Onatopp

11. Stamper

0 vote(s)
  12. Renard

13. Zao

0 vote(s)
  14. Miranda Frost

0 vote(s)
  15. Other (please describe who)

16. Franz Sanchez

0 vote(s)
  1. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Hi All

I know we've all had a few threads asking who your favourite James bond was and which Bond film is your favourite, yet I can't ever remember seeing a thread asking your favourite villain, so here goes.

Personally for me it was always Franz Sanchez (Robert Davi) from Licence to Kill. I always thought he had the sinister and evil effect of a good villain, but also he wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty at the end of the day and ended up going after Timothy Daltons Bond with a machete.

Thats my opinion, maybe you think differently
  2. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Just realised that I didn't put Sanchez in the poll, oops! Oh well, he'll have to go down as other
  3. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

I HATED Jaws - that must mean he was the best villain right????
  4. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Ooh it was hard to decide between Odd Job (I'd love a killer frisbee hat like that!!) or Jaws (although he really scared me so Odd Job won in the end).
  5. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Spot on
  6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I liked Jaws. And he fell in love at the end of Moonraker and became a goodie so he's defo my fave. And I think he shares a birthday with me too.
  7. gawber

gawber Active Member

I voted for Scaramanga because he shares something with me but it's not our birthday ;)
  8. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Do you also have a minute french servant?
  9. postie

postie Member

I noticed that most of the villians mentioned are really in the old Bond films, I suppose you could say they don't make them like they use to. Anyway back to thread my favourite villian is Blofled very evil can't remember the actor's name but he was superb in the role.
  10. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

I think there were a few actors; in the earlier films you never see Ernst Stavro Blofeld in the flesh but most people remember Donald Pleasance in the role, complete with impressive facial scar.

I quite liked Scaramanga (I mean, 3 nipples?), and Baron Samedi (the guy with the top hat from Live and Let Die), but it's got to be Goldfinger really; the best bad guy, the best film, with the best Bond, and the best piece of dialogue:

"So, Goldfinger; do you expect me to talk?"
    "No Mr Bond, I expect you to die"

Class :clap: :D
  11. Di

Di Active Member

Added. ;)
  12. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Donald Pleasance was the first actor to be seen to play Blofeld on screen, appearing in "You Only Live Twice".

In "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", Blofeld was played by Telly Savalas, and then by Charles Grey in "Diamonds are Forever".

Max Von Sydow played Blofeld in "Never Say Never Again", the unofficial Bond film from the 1980s.

Out of the four Blofelds, my vote would go to Donald Pleasance.
  13. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Mention should also be made of Curt Jurgens, who played a Blofeld-like villain called Carl Stromberg in "The Spy Who Loved Me".

Near the beginning of ther film, some people who had incurred Stromberg's displeasure were thrown into a tank of sharks. Sromberg watched the resulting carnage through a giant plate-glass window, while dining on a cordon-blue lunch with an expensive bottle of wine, with a recording of "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" playing over the loudspeakers. Ruthless, evil, merciless, classy and stylish - just how a good Bond villain should be. :clap:
  14. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

The ONLY one for me.
  15. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I agree, a lot of the villains in the newer Bond films are too oer the top in my opinion
  16. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Is that because the villains looked like we expected them to? Big, ugly, unable to string two words together, partially pyschopathic. You could hardly say that about Miranda Frost the last Bond Baddie!

Did you know that Harold Sakata, who played the biggest and best Bond baddie - Odd Job - was actually an Olympic Silver medallist in weight lifting, in London 1948.
  17. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I didn't, very interesting
  18. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

Gotta be Jaws and his school of pirhanas