Your chance to develop the future of tMP

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Chunky, Mar 4, 2008.

1. JonP

JonP Member

1. a formal or ceremonial act or procedure prescribed or customary in religious or other solemn use: rites of baptism; sacrificial rites.

2. a particular form or system of religious or other ceremonial practice: the Roman rite.

6. any customary observance or practice: the rite of afternoon tea

2. JonP

JonP Member

It seem sim talking S**T. Sorry about that lads. Im firmly on my bum underneath my high horse!!

3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I have to say that it cracks me up that one of the current key protagonists is currently listed as a "tMP senior friend".

Computer rankings can really paint a false picture... ... ... ... ... ...

4. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

On topic, as a development possibility, is it feasible to quote/post in multiple threads - could save time.

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Geoff

Just to clarify - do you mean quote one post in multiple threads or multiple quotes in one thread...?

If #1: The only way to easily accomplish this is to open the original thread in a new window, then click the 'quote' button and copy the text that appears in the new reply window to your clipboard. Then resume to browser window #1 and locate the threads where you wish to make that quote appear in and paste the text from your clipboard into the reply.

If #2: Yes, you can use the multi-quote function. It's next to the 'quote' button. Simply click on this button within the posts you wish to be qupted and included within your post, then on the final one click the 'quote' button. All posts where the multi-quote was selected will now be posted in the new thread.

6. The Wherryman

Thank you for your concise answer. I'd worked out the "multiple quotes in one thread" method. I actually meant "quote one post in multiple threads". I didn't know if there was some way, within the vB program (or whatever powers tMP), of achieving this.

I suppose, on reflection, it's better not to have that facility, as it might encourage "troll spamming".

7. JonP

JonP Member

Protagonist of what? I have no greater cause here. Please clarify. Makes it sound like there is some greater aim involved and i have none.

Im just enjoying the website, and according to the emails and texts i get others also enjoy my threads and more contraversial material. You dont have to read them or post on them if they offend you for some reason so whats the problem. Surely enjoyment is what this is all about. After all in the end none of this matters really. There are important things in all our lives and this surely is not one of them. At least its not for me. Its just entertainment and a laugh.

Is that not what deveoping this site would be about if we could do it. Making it more fun for everyone.

In the end if we make life a little harder for the mods by pushing the boundries i dont see the problem. They all volunteer i would imagine and obviously get someting out of doing it. Its thier choise to be a mod, if they dont want to do it or it upsets them they can stop or resign and the mods personal will then also develop.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  8. The Wherryman

Hmmmm!

9. Will the Sec

Good Lord, man, who said I was talking about you?

You've made a huge assumption that I think your opinions are actually worth anything.*

*No, hang on, they must be because you're a top section player. :rolleyes:

10. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Nope we get nothing for moderating this site. Perhaps you ought to take your own advice and only stick to discussing the subject matter you have experience of? ;)

11. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I pointed this out in an alternate thread, but possibly worth mentioning it here too.

Everyone, don't forget that there is an underused feature of tMP called the 'ignore' feature. It allows any member to selectively 'ignore' the posts from who they choose. Once selected, that users posts no longer appear within the thread.

UserCP > Ignore / Mates Lists > add user to 'ignore' list.

See screenshot:

Attached Files:

12. Will the Sec

*In the voice of Bob Colulston*

Wooden Flugel 23, JonP 0.

:clap:

13. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

That's JonP silenced, then!

14. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Let's hope so, eh! ;)

15. The Wherryman

Does the ignored user know they've been ignored and by whom? If not, perhaps that could be facilitated. It would send trolls etc a positive message without having to post and feed their egos.

Those old enough to remember the days of trades union power will recall that being "sent to Coventry" was a cruel and harsh punishment - could be effective here too ;)

16. JonP

JonP Member

I wasnt talking about finance, i was indicating you must gain some enjoyment form doing it. Otherwise why would you?

17. The Wherryman

Not so easy - I suspect that the posts only disappears from the ignoring user's window. Everyone else will still be able to see them :(

18. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Sometimes I wonder...

19. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Hey guys this rapidly turning into the how to get rid of your favourite troll thread.

Whilst nobody wants to see this site trolled, surely its only one of the ways tMP can be improved!

20. The Wherryman

But isn't that the subject of this thread, Ian?