Your Beef Steak:How do you like it cooked

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Feb 11, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Right following on from my Biggest Steak Thread :
    How do you like your steak cooked on your plate:

I like mine Medium Rare :clap:
  2. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Always liked mine 'well done' up until recently, now I find that I prefer my steaks more pink than brown, so I guess I'm more of a medium to medium/rare. Depends which restaurant cooks it for you!
  3. medium rare definately!! tis the way it should be!!
  4. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

What's next, Ian?

Chips/Salad or New potatoes/Veg Poll?
    Favourite Sauce - Pepper, Diane, Blue Cheese?
    :D ;)

[PS Medium rare, unless it's superb quality in which case just take off the horns and wipe its butt]
  5. Seaweed

Seaweed Member

Almost Burnt!:tup :tup :tup :tup

The sight of blood or red stuff in the steak is minging!!!! :frown:

(if we're going down the sauce line then its gotta be Peppercorn)
  6. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Nice and charred on the outside, pink to red (but not with blood running) on the inside.

Rubbed with lemon pepper if I can get it . . .
  7. HBB

HBB Active Member

Under a grill...

*boom shhhh*
  8. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

You mean in the coals? I generally put the steak on top of the grill. Or do y'all have upside-down grills over there?
  9. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Well done!! :) Although I know that's not the way it's meant to be...but I don't like blood..!
  10. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

What you call a grill we'd call a barbeque. A grill in the UK means a heating element above the food, often built into a standard oven. Don't know what y'all call those over there..;)
  11. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Hence my confusion. Over here, that's generally called a broiler. Broiler = flames above, grill = flames below. We also use the term barbeque as the same as grill, but often it also means a particular style of cooking rather than simply the implement.

Either is a fine way to cook a steak!
  12. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

A broiler? :confused:

Like mine medium-rare - nice and juicy!
  13. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Good topic ;-) just come in from a meal out, Sirloin Steak with Stilton, topped with Peppercorn sauce - Very good indeed, Medium Rare, altough it was a little underdone! Still lovely and juicy. Also I think they'd run out of Sirloin I've a sneaky idea it was a Rump, but no-one bothered to tell me! - Bad Resteraunt manners, I hate that!

14. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

Has to be rare! Although most restaurants, especially in America say the lowest they will do is medium rare....ridiculous!!! The best way to cook it is to season both sides with some decent pepper and stuff, then sling it in a really hot griddle pan, just sear it on both sides and thats all you need, then you cut it and its lovely and juicy...and ******!
  15. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

Why did it star b-l-o-o-d-y?! I meant it in the best possible way I wasn't being rude!
  16. HBB

HBB Active Member

S'ok.. try and say ****ington Brass Band :p B-o-l-l-ington.. :p that's funnier :D
  17. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

Fair point!
  18. the fish

the fish Member

medium rare
  19. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

20. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

The bloo dier the better... still moo-ing if possible. 30secs each side and im a happy gal