Your attention please

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by super_sop, Jun 29, 2005.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

thanks!

ok guys im off on my holibobs again in August and 'im looking for band to pop into for a blow (yes i am that sad!)
    So if you play in a band in or around the Tamar Valley in sunny Cornwall, and wouldn't mind a mad almost welshman poping in for a blow, please post below.

many thankyou's

craigy

2. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Well you wouldn't be a million miles from my band :tongue: depends what part of the tamar valley your staying in really! If your staying near the devon side your probably about three quarters of an hour and hour from where we are! Depends how far you want to travel really. I'm not sure I know of any bands off hand in the Tamar Valley area, but I'll have a look into it for you if you like? where abouts roughly are you staying?

Sorry I've probably been no help what so ever at all!

3. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

:bounce Come to St Agnes!! :bounce

It's not that far away :roll:, and you know you want to! :biggrin:

4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Sod that! Book a holiday to a proper county, God's very own Yorkshire. then you can play with the Emley, and maybe even one or two of those smaller bands round here (B&R, Dyke etc).

5. super_sop

B&R? DYKE!!! talk about lowering my standards lol!!!

thanks for the replys guys and gals.
    we'll be camping at the Dollbeare caravan and camping park, Landrake, Saltash.
    not to worried about travelling, as i could tie it up with a daytrip out and about.
    well be there from 13, August untill the28th August.:tup

6. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

No you definately want to go to Cornwall, ignore Ploughboy, I don't think he's ever been out of Yorkshire.
    They don't make pasties as good as Cornwall either!

7. Di

Di Active Member

We've got the place, got the date, anyone know how to apple pie a sleeping bag? ;) Craigs tent will be easy to spot, just take off the sun glasses and follow the glare. :wink::tongue:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2005
  8. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Sir, I refute that claim, I have been out of Yorkshire. I've been to North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire and once East Yorkshire! I went to Scotland once (never again!).

9. cjconnor24

cjconnor24 Member

Now now, no need for that.

Scotland is THE country;) :tup

10. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

hello, that is a wicked streak you have developed, since becoming "SuperModerator""I bet you would let down his guy ropes as well:rolleyes: Now that you are super, does that mean I have to doff my cap and touch my forelock, and walk 5 paces behind you, How you feeling:cool:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    thanks
    poping
    Cornwall
    attention
    guys
  12. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Congratualations on your coming to cornwall :) You wont regret it :)
    Saltash have a band :) You're also pretty close to Plymouth which has soundhouse brass

ummmm, on my space i have pictures of all the bands in cornwall that took part in bugle, maybe with their names and a map you might be able to get in touch with the closest ones?

Hope you enjoy your holiday :)
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/kellysaunders2/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c02_owner=1&_c=

13. fulcherc

fulcherc Member

Holidaying near Saltash?

Then you will do not better than popping into Saltash Town Band's rehearsals - we rehearse from 7.45 p.m. to 9.45 p.m. every Tuesday and Friday evening, at Saltash.net Community School, Wearde Road, Saltash (very easy to find - just check out our website www.saltashtownband.co.uk) - not too far from the campsite.

Hope the weather holds for you. Cornwall is beautiful in the sun.

Tina:)

14. super_sop

now that sounds good to me!!!
    could you pm me some contact details so i can phone up when im down there.
    We dont have any idea on what days we'll be doing what at the mo cheers
    craigy

15. fulcherc

fulcherc Member

visit to Saltash

Tina (myself - Secretary) - 01752 847285
    Andy (Chairman) - 01752 846014

You'll be made very welcome. :p

16. super_sop

many thanks for that, ill take a n ote of the numbers and give you a call whewe are down there.

craigy
    erm!! now im going to be reall cheeky!!!

would you have a cornet i could borrow, so that i dont have to keep mine in the car for a fortnight?:redface:

17. fulcherc

fulcherc Member

Saltash

Yes, there are always one or two in the store cupboard - can't promise on quality, and will probably need some oil - but sure something could be sorted out for you

look forward to meeting you

take care

Tina

18. super_sop

cool!!!
    see you soon!!
    craig