Young Ambassadors Brass Band Of Great Britain

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Roger Thorne, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Active Member

Well we survived!!!!! Some of us even retained some dignity as well. lol

Great tour and some awesome stories of which we will never speak in public. Thanks to everyone stateside and north of the border that came and supported us (and congrats to Weston for lasting so long into Sunday night in Toronto, good effort!)

ps. except Ryan who is probably still hungover

2. livyarker

livyarker Member

it was a fab tour and now i am missing it all so much! so many photos about so will get them sent to helen

great to meet so many great people and can't wait to see everyone again soon at the open and pontins!

me neil and doog slept 5 hours when we got home then had a curry and went drinking. followed by sleeping till 3pm today!.....then a pizza ummmmmm

liv
    x

3. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

What a brilliant tour, its a shame it had to end tho! So many funny stories over the last 2 weeks, its just been just great, having a laugh, meeting new people, drinking plenty and seeing the sights, oh and some of the concerts were good too!!

Been flicking thru my pics today and laughing out loud, some class moments!

Hopefully will manage to catch up with folk soon, thinking on going to the Open, but we'll see, although Claire's already got her name on my beer list for the Scottish Open and if anybody else is coming up to Glasgow in Nov, it would be great to meet up again!!

Finally got back to sunny Campbeltown about half 3 yest, was nearly sleeping driving down from Glasgow, (had to stop and have 20mins sleep at 1 point!) Had couple hours sleep at T-time, then went out for the Music Festival here in Campbeltown, to see Deacon Blue live in concert, FANTASTIC!! Didnt get home till 5AM!!

Out again tonight for survivors night.....:rolleyes:

4. Hot Lips

Hot Lips Member

Hi all

Hi All,
    What a brilliant trip, was really great to meet so many people who I can now regard as friends. Missing all you Yabbas loads. Slept for what feels like an entire weekend, scrunched up on the sofa under my blanket pretending I was back on the bus!!
    Back at work now and depression really settin in, cant wait until Pontins, may have to put in an apperance at the Open just to see you all.
    Everyone in my office has been asking why I dont have a tan, they havent a clue.
    Thanks for everything guys, you've been a right laff......

Love Claire xxx ​

5. Steve

Steve Active Member

I thought you all slept enough on the disgracefully quiet bus journey back to Boston and the plane home!!!! obviously I was wrong there. It is strange not waking up next to ur wullie though, and i havent sleep walked in two whole nights :clap:

6. asteria

asteria Member

Aye, yet another awesome Yabb trip, it was reet canny!

Can't believe I missed Mr Deeds on tv last night, imagine the things you could do with a black foot!

Yes indeed, website is in progress, send me your photos people and i'll put them on! Between us I'm sure we can fill in the missing gaps! :D

7. graeme_WSB

graeme_WSB New Member

Helen - what is the website's url? I'd love to see some of the pics from your tour!!

8. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Ah, you really miss sharing with me already, admit it steve! Tho I wished I taken a picture of you sleep walking in that boilersuit, wouldve been one for the gallery!!

Do ye awe ken whit ah mean, or donie ye no unerstand whit am sayin, och aye the noo, irn-bru, gie us a clue! By eck, theres a moose an a goose, loose aboot this hoose, giein me a hella aboose!! (Scots-English translater required!!) :rolleyes: ;)

9. Stevie G

Stevie G New Member

I tell you that Steve M was lucky to survive that last trip to Boston - I knew of at least 2 plots of revenge; I'm still worried about Steve's liking for Ladies make up

10. Stevie G

Stevie G New Member

Got some great photos from Potters Bar, weedsport

Thanks for travelling up from NJ to see us.

Glad you enjoyed the bachelor pad

Just shows how great the hosts of YABB are.

As you know, great photos from that night, I'll ensure that you get a copy

11. Steve

Steve Active Member

haha, never fall asleep on the bus, that is the key to a successful offensive with the nail varnish. I also thought Jasons shaving foam and crisp shampoo did wonders for hair. mwahahahaha