Young Ambassadors Brass Band Of Great Britain

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Roger Thorne, Jun 23, 2005.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Or else the Marx Brothers' film (at the opera?) where the orchestra floats out to see playing Wagner for all they're worth ;)

2. NAS

NAS Member

Not Long :-D

3. Steve

Steve Active Member

Not long indeed.........If I ever make it!!

Turns out those terrorist b*****ds have ruined my plans for getting to the airport and Im now trying to find a way to get to the airport. Where theres a will theres a way I guess.

Cant wait

4. Hot Lips

Hot Lips Member

I am driving down from Barnsley if that is any good for anybody.

Be warned though, terrified of flying so you will be required to calm my nerves on the journey down!!!

Neil has my mobile no if anyone needs a lift.

5. Ianovich

Ianovich New Member

website

Good news, I have my website up and available. While it is a work in progress, it will give you the info you need on the Brantford Concert. The address is www.concertsetc.com. If anyone from tMP comes to Brantford, look me up, I'll be the guy pacing wondering if I'm gonna have enough people to pay the bills;) .

Ian

6. Ianovich

Ianovich New Member

Does anyone have reports or news of the YABB tour dates so far?

7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I think we are going up today, so I'll report when we get back (probably Friday)

8. DublinBass

So we were running late as we had an unanticipated stop we had to make. It started Thunderstorming, which slowed us down and we weren't sure if today's concert was still going to be on.

To make a long story short we are in Cleveland (about 2.5 hrs from Buffalo) and still hoping to get up there and visit some of the ambassadors tomorrow. Does anybody have a mobile phone number of any of the band members or know where they are overnighting today (wed 10th). If so, please pm me.

PJH

9. DublinBass

Thanks for all of you that have offered help. We didn't manage to see them :( However, I have talked to a couple of them via pm and mobile phone and except for the sore heads from about wake up time until noon or so, it sounds like they are having a fantastic trip.

10. pegleg

pegleg Member

Young Ambassadors Brass Band

I am hoping to make it tonight to the concert in Brantford. Ianovich or I will try to put something on for the rest of you. :)

11. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I'll be there tonight and looking forward to it. Hope there's a good attendance.

12. Blowfish

Blowfish New Member

Does anyone have details for the 17th and 18th engagements??? Might drive up from New Jersey.....need to know where to go though! Thanks in advance.

13. SUPA-LAURA

SUPA-LAURA New Member

Glad to hear you made it. Were the toilets in Weedsport, Mass as "user friendly" as the toilets at the pennineway?:D :clap:

14. DublinBass

:clap:

Congrats to all the YAGB for what has been (from what I heard) a very successful ;) tour.

Especially my mate Simon for his first venture (or is it second) into US territory.

15. Dianamite

Dianamite Member

:lol:

16. Blowfish

Blowfish New Member

Wish you could have joined the ABB road trip....

I did in fact find the loos in Weedsport to be quite nice, including ammenities beyond those listed at http://goodlooguide.freeservers.com

Congrats to the YABB members for putting on a most enjoyable show last night, and many thanks to the gracious hosts in Weedsport for putting up a couple of strangers from NJ!

.....can't wait to see pictures. Perhaps some of the guys could post a few in the gallery???

17. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Hey guys, just got back from thge airport - knackered!! Great to see you again Michelle and i'm sorry Pat and Diana couldn't make it but good fun was had by all :)

Yes, I have loads of pics from the tour which I will supply to Helen V to put on her website for download. I think that she's going to pick the best pics from everyone and post them on her site???

Anyways, i'm sure there will be lots of comments from other YABB members later today when everyone gets home so i'm going to have some sleep I guess!

Simon

18. s_trumpet

s_trumpet New Member

Home sweet home :)

Hey everyone,

Had an awesome first YABB trip and have some very funny memories and pictures to go with it :)

Great to meet you all and I'm sure we will all get to meet up again very soon!

Take care and look forward to hearing from you all. (Anyone coming to the Open in Brum is more than welcome to stay over at mine)

Hugs, Charl xxx

P.S I'm off out for some mexican food tonight ;-)

19. pegleg

pegleg Member

Good to finally meet most of you: Simon, Willie, Neil, Steve, Helen and Charlotte.
    Found out later who "Hot Lips" was. Did I miss meeting anyone from tMP??
    Great playing by every one of you!!
    :clap::clap: :clap:

20. graeme_WSB

graeme_WSB New Member

Hi there... Graeme here, from the Weston Silver Band. Just wanted to say thanks to the YABB for a great concert in Toronto, followed by a fun night out on the town!

Hope you all recover quickly from the two weeks of excessive drinking and minimal sleep.

:clap: