Young Ambassadors Brass Band Of Great Britain

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Roger Thorne, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

On the 5th of August, 2005 the Young Ambassadors Brass Band Of Great Britain will travel to the USA to start their two week tour of Northern America and Canada.

Since it's formation 20 years ago, over 500 players have toured with YABB to Belgium, Germany, Holland, Luxembourg, USA and Canada.

The players are selected from many bands all over the United Kingdom.

This trip will feature players from Carlton Main, Besses, BT, Stonesfield, Raunds, Travelsphere, Tredegar, Imps, Freckleton, Poulton-Le-Fylde and Welwyn Garden City Band.

The band have confirmed concerts in the following places:

Danbury - CT
    West Springfield - MA
    Agawam - MA
    Buffalo (Williamsville) - NY
    Weedsport - NY
    Skaneateles - NY
    Brantford - ON
    Guelph - ON
    Toronto (with Weston Silver Band) - ON
    Burlington - ON
    Tillsonburg - ON
    Pavillion, Lake Luzerne - NY
    Shepard Park, Lake George - NY
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  2. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm the dates for Ontario? I'm flying to Lima, Peru on August 19 and hope I can get to at least one concert.
  3. Steve

Steve Active Member

When I get a definite list of jobs I will try and post dates etc. There are several tMpers going I believe so dates will be available in the next few days.
  4. NAS

NAS Member

Follow this link for one concert...

This particular concert is split with Weston Silver Band and is always a good concert! Also there is a Salvationist called Ian Cooper who has organised a concert at Simcoe SA again (I think).
  5. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. Looks as though I'll be able to take in one or two concerts in this area.
  6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Not only would dates be nice, but also more details about the venues. I might make the drive up to see them in Buffalo, if I know where and when I am going.
  7. TresC

TresC New Member

I can shed some light on one of the YABB dates.

We will be hosting the band's concert on August 14th ( Sunday) at 7:30 pm at Weston Collegiate, 100 Pine St, Toronto.
    Tickets are $15/$12

I am not sure of the exact dates for the other locations but can find this out if you need...
    For info re: the Weston Silver Band/YABB concert ( location, directions etc), feel free to contact me :)

Theresa MacDonald
    General Manager
    Weston Silver band
  8. NAS

NAS Member

Hey guys!

Just letting you all know that all the dates have been released:-D.

Friday 5th Aug - Depart the UK...
    Saturday 6th Aug - Phelps School, Agawam MA.
    Sunday 7th Aug - West Springfield Arts Fair, MA... 13:00 start.
    Monday 8th Aug - Shepard Park Bandstand, Lake George, NY... 19:30 start.
    Tuesday 9th Aug - Luzerne, NY... 19:30 start.
    Wednesday 10th Aug - Island Park, Williamsville (Buffalo?)... 18:30 start.
    Thurs 11th Aug - Free day...
    Friday 12th Aug - Brantford, Ontario (unfortunately the list is very vague and the venue just says 'in a church', lol). 19:30 start.
    Saturday 13th Aug - Guelph, Ontario... Village by the Arboretum (retirement village), again the list just says 'evening concert (i'm guessing times havent been agreed yet).
    Sunday 14th Aug - Concert with Weston Silver Band in Toronto (my favourite concert:-D) . We also have a great night out in Toronto after this concert!
    Monday 15th Aug - Burlington, Ontario... Central Park, 19:00.
    Tuesday 16th Aug - Tillsonburg, Ontario, St Pauls Church... 19:00 start.
    Wednesday 17th Aug - Weedsport, MA, evening concert...
    Thursday 18th Aug - Concert on the bandstand at Lake Skaneateles. 19:00 start.
    Friday 19th Aug - Fly back to the UK...

To double check dates and get more info on the concerts themselves then please feel free to email me at
  9. Ianovich

Ianovich New Member

Hello band lovers one and all. The YABB will indeed be in Brantford on Friday, August 12, 2005 at 7:30 pm. If you click on the August 12 date on the tMP calendar all the details are there, including a map.

In case you don't want to see it in colour, the New Covenant Church, 22 Holiday Drive, Brantford. The church is a magnificent cathedral ceiling church that seats 950 and it is easy to get to. Wayne Gretzky Parkway at the 403, right beside Home can see the church from the highway.

For more information or to reserve tickets:
    email me at
    call me at work (519) 587-4414

The band will be staying at the Best Western immediately across the road from the church, so if you need a place to stay overnight, look up the Brant Park Inn on

Ian Cooper
  10. NAS

NAS Member

6 Days Before We Fly!!!!

Thats right! We fly out on Friday:-D . Are there any of our American or Canadian friends going to make any of our concerts?
  11. Ianovich

Ianovich New Member

I'll be there!:D
  12. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

we might make it up for Wednesday the 10th, but its looky iffy at the moment :(
  13. Steve

Steve Active Member

Friday!!!!!!!!!!! best find that passport soon I guess.
  14. asteria

asteria Member

15. Steve

Steve Active Member

Oh Jesus, anyone else picturing a wooden raft about 10ft square???
  16. Di

Di Active Member

Don't worry Steve, you can use your trom slide as a paddle. ;)
  17. Steve

Steve Active Member

just checked the pictures and it actually looks pretty safe and impressive.

Dinnie - im on Euph
  18. Di

Di Active Member

You won't be needing the slide to play with then, even better. No filling the trobome with water once you've used it. ;)

Seriously, sounds like you guys are gonna have a fantastic time! Make sure you do and bring plenty of pics back to put in the gallery.
  19. NAS

NAS Member

Ha ha, the stupid woman should have known better than to invite 29 bandsman onto the worlds smallest boat to be fair:-o . He he, tell you wot... if my music blows off my stand theres no way im going in for it:-D
  20. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Im just picturing Frank bouncing up and down while he's conducting and accidently falling in!!

Neil, if we're doing Trisch Tratch Polka again, you'll have to bring your snorkal and flippers, if you and the rest of the trombone section decide to go for a wander halfway thru the piece, like in Luxembourg!

Not long now, and Ive hardly got anything organised! :eek: