Young Ambassadors Brass Band Of Great Britain

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by NAS, Jan 24, 2005.

1. NAS

NAS Member

Nigel Hughes
    James Simpson
    Matt Pearson
    John and Tracey Squires-Evans
    Tim Jones

2. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Who organises the concerts and accomodation and stuff? Is it always in Luxemburg? If you ever, on one of the next trips,would like to hold a concert together with a Belgian (Flemish) band, I could help you get in contact with some of our bands! (especially in the eastern part of Flanders or in the South-East of the Netherlands...)

I think a lot of Belgian brass band "fanatics" would be interested to meet with you. We don't get to see many British bands over here usually :(

3. NAS

NAS Member

Cool! If you are interested in sorting something for next easter the bloke to speak to is a guy called Frank Wolff (his number is listed on the first posting of the thread). The band has played in Belgium, Holland, Germany etc in the past but for the past two yrs its just been Luxembourg.

4. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

So who plays for what band again then Neil, just out of curiosity? As usual my minds like a sieve and cant mind much, dont remember anything about 1st concert or rest of that night or the most of Sun night really!! Will try and put some pics on gallery 2, if I can manage!

Sop
    Nigel Fielding - Sellers

Front Row
    Alex Thomas - YBS
    Steve Gilbey
    John Squires-Evans
    Nigel Hughes
    Michelle Lane - Tyldesley

Back Row
    Richard Dines
    Tracey Squires-Evans
    Ricky Evans - Campbeltown Brass
    Katrina Barr - Campbeltown Brass
    Ruth Lane
    Andy?

Flugel
    Stu Jackson - Ever Ready??

Horns
    Helen Varley - BT Band
    Aidan Smith - YBS
    Liv Yarker

Baris
    Laura Boyle - Horden
    Julie Wyndham

Euphs
    Shawn Paginton - Travelsphere
    James Simpson

Troms
    Neil Samuel - Rainford
    Mike Wallbanger
    Dave Taylor - Kidlington

Basses
    Wilf Driscoll - Buy As You View Band
    Chris Barnes - BT??
    Matt Pearson
    Willie Ralston - Campbeltown Brass

Perc
    Tim Jones - Travelsphere
    Ian Bowd - Faireys

5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Think these are right...

Steve Gilbey - Ipswich & Norwich Co-op
    John Squires-Evans - Poulton-le-Fylde
    Richard Dines - Imps
    Tracey Squires-Evans - Poulton-le-Fylde
    Stu Jackson - Ever Ready?? Bandingly unattached at the moment, I think
    Liv Yarker - Stonesfield
    Julie Wyndham - Bedworth
    James Simpson - Leyland
    Neil Samuel - Rainford (MD) - better known as Leyland's ex-1st Trom!
    Mike Wallbanger - Brackley at the moment, I believe, but recently of Travelsphere
    Matt Pearson - Jackfield?

6. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I've sent you a PM...

7. asteria

asteria Member

Hoora Hoora Hoora!

Another quality YABB trip, there were so many funny things happened I can't remember all of them!

Neil, probably best you didn't come back with us in the end, we only reached Manchester at 11:30 ourselves! We did bump into the the Squire-Evans' in Stafford service station on the way home, which was rather bizarre!

I can fill in a couple of gaps -
    Nigel Hughes - BT Band
    Stu Jackson - Gateshead Brass ?
    Rick Dines - Yorkshire Imperial Urquhart Travel Band (aka Imps)
    Chris Barnes - Not at BT any more (unless you count bass drum at the areas) but conducts a band

What was everyone's highlight of the trip? Think mine were probably laughing so much at Frank's conducting I was almost crying, Ian's commode race down the corridor, and meeting some top people! :D

I've started putting my pics on a website, it should be ready by tomorrow (think there's probably some that are best not going on tMP!). Like I said if everyone sends me their photos i'll burn em to disc for anyone that wants em.

Thanks for coming!

8. livyarker

livyarker Member

"I've started putting my pics on a website, it should be ready by tomorrow (think there's probably some that are best not going on tMP!). "

he he could that be the one of you miss varley!! its already up on the yabb site but then so is a disgusting one of me!!!

9. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

YABB in America/Canada

....and what is the line up for America trip on Aug?

Simon

10. asteria

asteria Member

Hahaha, yeah i've seen it, i look horrendous! Actually the one i had in mind was of a plate of chips...... ;)

11. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Allo Nighthawk... dis iz Nighthawk...
    haha that was a quality pic you have to admit...
    theres a good action shot of the face off between grand-master Wallbanger-son (samurai in residence) brandishing the muffmower at Alex-son (weapon in training)
    dont think i managed to get through one piece without cracking up!

12. Teenibeen

Teenibeen Member

Hoora Hoora Hoora !

Had a brilliant time on my first Yabb trip and cant wait to see all the photos so I can piece together things I know I cant remember !
    Someone mentioned that there are some photos already on the Yabb site, how do you get access to that ?
    I was told when we arrived at Yates on the fri night that the trick was not to look at Franks conducting as it would just put you off but I never thought it would be just as funny as it was !
    I also liked the idea of a few stella's as a liquid breakfast, it certainly started the day off better than a bowl of cornflakes !
    Thanks to everyone for making it such a good trip and it was really nice to meet everyone. Maybe some of you would like a wee weekend up north in sunny scotland sometime you would all be very welcome anytime.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

13. asteria

asteria Member

For anyone who doesn't know the existing yabb website needs a password to get on and some people have had problems getting access to it, so we're putting all the photos from this trip on a seperate site so everyone can see them (shall also burn em to disc for people). If anyone wants the web address just pm me :D

14. cornetshell

cornetshell Member

great trip - INNIT!
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    Thanks to all you Yabb-ers for showing me how to drink.....though i have a long way to go before i can stomach that much.....
    :guiness

and thanks to Mike (AKA Samauri Mike) for making the trip out " Eventful" it will deffinatley be memorable [or maybe thats because it was the only time some of us were sober ?!? ]

:hammer

I would love to see some of those great pics....was a good laugh in the tube....well what i can remember after some of those shots.....

When can we put our names down for next year......???!!! :cool:

xxxxxx
    Michelle
    [err the token girl on the front row ;) ]

15. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Shamo!

Been washing red wine out of my clothes since Tuesday so not had time to post. What a top time. Glad my illness didn't prevent me going in the end (although I think it may have prevented you from going to Pizza Hut!!)

Bring on America.

Thanks for coming............

16. asteria

asteria Member

You know you're suffering yabb withdrawal when -

You keep answering 'beer o'clock' when people ask you the time
    You drink stella with your cornflakes
    You shout 'thanks for coming' whenever anyone leaves the house
    You can't play in rehearsals without rorting, followed by intermittent giggling at split notes

17. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

you ignore the conductors you're meant to be following

18. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

You talk about YABB constantly when meeting up with other YABBers, despite no one else having a clue what you're on about.

And play ff when it says ff (ie straighten your instrument and move breeze blocks with the noise....eh Stuart!!! ;-) )

19. cornetshell

cornetshell Member

...and this one time ....at YAB camp...... :cool:

20. bananamunter

bananamunter Account Suspended

Ah hallo YaBBERS.

Do you remembering me? I am missed you in my town Luxembourg this year I was holiday with my cousin you met also in the bar "Urban" last year.

I am so sorry to missed you this year but I heard from my Pizza Hut friend employed that you had a splashing time.

Hope well you are all, especially the one you call "Wallbanger". My friend in Pizza Hut said he was very handy with knives, almost like a ninja.

Loveing you all
    Bananamunter xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice