Young Ambassadors Brass Band - Luxembourgh Easter Tour

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by asteria, Apr 2, 2006.

1. asteria

asteria Member

Young Ambassadors Brass Band - Luxembourg Easter Tour Itinerary

Over the Easter bank holiday weekend the Young Ambassadors Brass Band of Great Britain will be heading to Luxembourg for their 75th international tour!

Led by the ever sprightly and charismatic Frank Wolff the trip will feature an impressive line-up of players from bands around Great Britain, including Besses, BT, Campbeltown, Carlton Main, Horden, Imps, Leyland, Staffordshire, Travelsphere, YBS and more.

The band will be carrying out 5 concerts over their hectic 4 day trip:

Saturday 15th April - Diekirch shopping precinct, 3:00 - 4:45pm
    Sunday 16th April - Place D'Armes bandstand (City of Luxembourg), 3:00 - 4:30pm
    Sunday 16th April - Berbourg, approx 7pm
    Monday 17th April - Echternach market square, 3:00 - 4:30pm
    Monday 17th April - Place D'Armes bandstand (City of Luxembourg), 7:00 - 8:15pm
  2. Steve

Steve Active Member

Yabba dabba dooooooooooo! It will be a musical experience!
  3. jim

jim Member

Next year im gonna make it my mission to go on one of these tours cos I know many who have and I could have gone last year!! I forgot about it this year but I will next year!!
  4. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Oooooooh am I excited or what.......
  5. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Ah, the heady days of the YABB Easter trip. Sadly missed, but you can't be young forever. Besides, I'm not sure my liver could take the abuse anymore!
  6. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Cant wait, really looking forward to it, my birthday's on the sat 15th as well....! :biggrin: :guiness :tup

Just heard the message Frank left on my answering machine this morn, that lasted for about 10mins!
    Had to laugh!

Was speaking to Danny from Black Dyke on Sat nite, he was going to phone up for BBb Bass but I guess he's too late now!

Any more news on the rest of the line-up?
  7. Steve

Steve Active Member

Haha, Frankie rang me about 5 times yesterday bless him. Was moved right round the band and then back to bass, it can only get more organised from here (hahahahahahaha right!!!!!)

I think we now have...............

Cornets - Claire Taylor (sop), Steve Gilby (PC), Nigel & Sally Bramley, Tracy Squires Evans, Michelle Lane, Charlotte Rose, Lee Marsden, Jason Abbott, Liz (Doog's missus, cant remember, sorry)
    Horns - John Squires Evans, Helen Varley, Aiden Smith, Becky Landon
    Euphs & Bari's - Shawn Paggington, James Simpson, Laura Boyle, Lauras mate??
    Troms - Keiran from RNCM, Doogie Donaldson, Big Jay
    Basses - as above
    Percs - Not sure, I think Carl Ryan is there though

But who really knows?!?!?!
  8. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

Spoke to Frank this morning, I'm doing bari too :)
  9. Steve

Steve Active Member

Excellent, will you be translating for Willie? Pleeeeease
  10. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

no, I can't even understand Campbeltown folk!
  11. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Blimey what chance have I got...still can I just sit on the end and be the section pretty boy???
  12. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Christ! Thats me getting abuse flung at me even before we've even left the country!! Dont worry Laura can translate for me, well before she starts on her turbo shandys that is...!!!

Are you flying down Lucy? Think I'll be arriving in Heathrow just before 7pm and then getting the bus to Oxford, is everybody going to Yates' bar again before meeting the bus at Franks?
  13. Steve

Steve Active Member

Im going to try and get to Oxford midday / mid afternoon to sample Oxfords finest orange juice. I think a couple of others are aiming for a reasonably early start too, seems rude not to make the most of the day off :p
  14. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

I don't think so Willie, I get free rail travel. Have no idea yet what trains run though

How much is the flight?
  15. Steve

Steve Active Member

Glasgow - Oxford is 6half to 7hours and edinburgh is 6 to 6half.

There are some direct trains too guys so no pulling instruments on and off the train :tup
  16. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

I booked my return flight in mid-february, it was £70 back then, just looked up BA prices, its £87 now. Ive got at least a 2hr journey to Glasgow 1st, so flying is abit easier and can leave slightly later in the day. Theres enough travelling to do as it is and it means I can stock up on minature vodkas on the plane! ;)

Are you bringing the popcorn to go with our vodies then Steve?!!! :biggrin:
  17. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

ta, train it is :)
  18. Steve

Steve Active Member

No chance, that popcorn had me in a right mess the next morning!!!!! Vodka and popcorn do NOT go together!
  19. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

YAS!!!!! Bring on the jock massive!!!
  20. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Dont worry I usually sit on the end and make the section look uglier, and also just in case Ive a hangover, feeling rough and need to dash off the stage quick to be sick!