You'll Never Walk Alone - Arr.Howard Snell

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by cornet#2, May 27, 2013.

1. cornet#2

cornet#2 New Member

Looking for the score of this arrangement. Anyone able to scan or send me a copy please?

Thanks

2. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Shall I say it or does someone else want to ?

3. cornet#2

cornet#2 New Member

What's that then?

4. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

I'm sure you can buy this very cheaply from the publisher. Someone may have a spare score for you, but please don't ask them to scan and copy it. Illegal, as you know.

5. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Thank you Mr Sparke - I sincerely believe that people take more notice when someone of your stature points this out.

6. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Absolutely, I also love Mr Sparke and perhaps this will encourage more composers arrangers of stature to speak out. Philip Harper is a fine arranger, and possibly one of the tallest within the movement, if he would break his silence on this issue then many more copyright infringers may think twice before scrounging music or pressing 'ok' on the photocopier. I do think there is an issue of having composers of this stature adjudicating though as they could see over the top of the box, although I'm sure Mr Sparke could also peep over the top if he stood on a pile of (not copied) music or a small stool.

7. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

I don't think you need to pick out Philip Harper necessarily. This is the law of the land, not a moral issue that needs the great and the good to justify or support.
    I certainly don't think his 'silence' on the issue is indicative of him sitting on the fence on the matter. He's probably as ****ed off as I am about the number of
    photocopies in band libraries. :)

8. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Fair one, to be honest it's getting to the point where you may actually owe xerox royalties on Malvern Suite and Jubilee Overture! I'm sure Philip Harper does share your frustration, but it would be good to have someone of his stature speak out just as it is good to hear from Mr Normans width/girth.

9. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

You're behind the times - Mr Norman is a slender shadow of his former self... it will soon be possible for audiences to catch a glimpse of the band which he is conducting !