You Wont Like This. Tuff!!

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by JonP, May 8, 2006.

Should we employ free masons to judge band contests?

1. Yes

45 vote(s)
  2. No

44 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonP

JonP Member

Should we activley avoid allowing Known Free Masons to Judge band Contests??

Jon Pippen
    Last edited: May 9, 2006
  2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Why would we want to do that? Are any of the well-known adjudicators Free Masons? :confused: I am not aware of any contests being won due to any favouritism of this sort, and with closed adjudication it cannot be an issue anyway.

I don't subscribe to this wholesale suspicion of the masons - and no, I am not a member myself!
  3. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Yes, several High Profile respected adjudicators are Masons. Don't know if it's an issue though.
  4. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Are you planning to 'name and shame', btm?!!!!

Out of interest, (and I can assure you Im not one!), how would the judges know? Even if the band all went out with one trouser leg rolled up, and a nipple exposed the judge wouldnt be able to tell...... presumably!!!!!

Or should we just play 'Magic Flute' in order to send subliminal messages???? ;-)
  5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hmmm... interesting comment Jon, care to elaborate?
  6. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

This thread was temporarily removed for dicussion among the tMP team. We have decided to allow this discussion to continue, however, we will be watching to ensure that no personal attacks or "naming and shaming" are going on. Please feel free to discuss this topic within the tMP Rules.

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  7. starperformer

starperformer Member

why pick on freemasons, particularly? members of the Ku Klux Klan, Al Qaeda, etc. are free to adjudicate.
  8. Bones

Bones Member

What about the ones playing. Are they to be under suspicion as well.
  9. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Sorry but I've got to say this is a silly initial post - whilst accepting your right to put forward such a question it suggests without saying it that in some way the adjudicator will be influenced by a knowledge that the conductor/percentage of the band may also be Masons and that they should receive some benefit in their other choosen hobby i.e winning a contest when they didn't deserve to.

I'm sure that many bands get substantial assistance from Masons groups whether it's by providing performances or receiving grants from their charitable works.

Next we'll be asking whether we should actively avoid adjudicators who are women, or percussionist or whether they believe in the Da Vinci Code.

or even a women percussionist who is directly descended from Jesus.
  10. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

The goat bleating would be a dead giveaway. :)
  11. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Why stop there? Let's ban all the bands with known masons in as well to be on the safe side:wink:
  12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

My feelings pretty much reflect the the general concensus of the above posts in that you cannot start banning people from adjudicating just because they may or may not belong to the same groups or organisations as people they happen to know in the competing bands.

This blind ignorance and scepticism of the masons is mostly of their own doing it has to be said due to the secrecy under which they exist, but I'd just like to add that one of my grandparents was the secretary of his local mason lodge for well over 20 years, was as honest as the day is long, and would rather have died before he let them get up to anything corrupt, immoral or illegal. He certainly would not have remained a member of any organisation that behaved in the way that people perceive the masons behave.

What's next, start checking for previous membership of the tufty club?
  13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

So that's why the names of Britannia Building Society and William Davis Construction are not around any more - Look out Hepworth (Persimmon Homes) :eek:

Do you wish to 'Lodge' a complaint?
  15. horn__blower

horn__blower Member

hehe lol good one!

its not because they belong to an organisation that one might think that its a good idea to ban them from adjudicating (especially open adjudication), but because of the fact that most people believe (obviously there is a lot of secrecy) that Masons must always help out another if he can, and that his job must be filled by another mason when he leaves.

but i imagine it would be quite a difficult task to find out how many peiople in banding are in the Masons.
  16. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

You are a 'master' of myrth
  17. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

What about adjudicators that have mortgages with certain Building Societies or have an axe to grind over a poorly performing pension/endowment - wouldn't want to be in one of those bands come Areas time - oops already am - welcome to the 2nd section.
  18. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Sorry but should it really matter if someone is a free mason or not??
  19. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Perhaps it's something in the air what with the Da Vinci code coming out this week. Perhaps we're all going conspiracy mad.
  20. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Slightly off topic but.....

great book, just read it this weekend. Can't wait for the film to come out in a couple of weeks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.