You Tube Brass Band?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brassbandmaestro, Apr 20, 2009.

1. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Now that the first Youtube SO has sucessfully been launched, I was wondering about how a similar venture could be done with a brass band? Would enough interest be made, like with the YTSO?

What do you tmpers think about this?
  2. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

To a degree, it's already happened often. The Mouthpiece bands at Pontins and Whit Friday for example. Plus the European Youth Band is a good example of this happening internationally.

If you're asking whether it would be possible to form such a band internationally, using online auditions, then surely that would require both bold leadership and agreement on playing standards? How likely do you reckon that is? :rolleyes:
  3. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Could be a needle in a haystack job, i know, as far as online auditions. But. When you have had a symphony orchestra involved, and succesfully completing the task, then i would have thought thsat with a brass band, would be slightly easier. Certainly people from Europe, and I dont see why n ot from North /america and maybe as far afield as Australasia
  4. dizzy068

dizzy068 Member

Great idea, however from what I can tell from the news coverage a backer paid to fly all the sucessfull participants to New York.....we might be able to scrape together enough for a charrabanc to Queensbury?!
  5. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

It also happened before tMp existed - Nigel Horne's Brass Band Mailing List did what is believed to be the first live broadcast of a brass band on the net from an Internet cafe in London based on list subscribers. This included a number from Europe.