You Tube Brass Band?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brassbandmaestro, Apr 20, 2009.

1. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Now that the first Youtube SO has sucessfully been launched, I was wondering about how a similar venture could be done with a brass band? Would enough interest be made, like with the YTSO?

What do you tmpers think about this?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Youtube
    YTSO
    similar venture
    brass band
    sucessfully
  3. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

To a degree, it's already happened often. The Mouthpiece bands at Pontins and Whit Friday for example. Plus the European Youth Band is a good example of this happening internationally.

If you're asking whether it would be possible to form such a band internationally, using online auditions, then surely that would require both bold leadership and agreement on playing standards? How likely do you reckon that is? :rolleyes:

4. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Could be a needle in a haystack job, i know, as far as online auditions. But. When you have had a symphony orchestra involved, and succesfully completing the task, then i would have thought thsat with a brass band, would be slightly easier. Certainly people from Europe, and I dont see why n ot from North /america and maybe as far afield as Australasia

5. dizzy068

dizzy068 Member

Great idea, however from what I can tell from the news coverage a backer paid to fly all the sucessfull participants to New York.....we might be able to scrape together enough for a charrabanc to Queensbury?!

6. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

It also happened before tMp existed - Nigel Horne's Brass Band Mailing List did what is believed to be the first live broadcast of a brass band on the net from an Internet cafe in London based on list subscribers. This included a number from Europe.