You Raise Me Up (Cornet Solo) and other New Releases

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by crabtree-music, Jan 7, 2004.

1. After much anticipation and interest following being awarded "Best New Arrangement" and also winning Darren Stott the best soloist award at the "Brass in Concert" Championships (Spennymoor) in 2002 I am pleased to be able to release "You Raise Me Up" arranged by Andy Duncan as part of the new Lewis Music Series within Crabtree Music Publications.

Full details of this and our other new releases are :-

You Raise Me Up (Cornet Solo) - Lovland arr. Duncan
    Order Ref : CMP000056
    Price: £25.00

This evocative work began life as a slow air, with fragments of a familiar Irish/American tune weaving its way in the melody. The composer tried to banish the piece (!) but it simply would not go away; eventually, he came up with the idea of adding lyrics and approached Irish writer Brendan Graham to listen to it. Brendan, inspired by accounts of the infamous Irish Potato Famine, produced a story to match the melody, the final verse of which gives full expression to the deep, spiritual longing of the original song. Featured on the recording “American Landscapes” by the Sellers International Band this arrangement was awarded “Best New Arrangement” at the 2002 ‘Brass in Concert’ championships in Spennymoor, County Durham.

Overture “Taris Bulba” - Waxman arr. Duncan
    Order Ref : CMP000053

An evocative overture from the pen of Franz Waxman. Arranged wonderfully for Brass Band by Andrew Duncan and as performed by the Sellers Engineering Band.

Desert Water Hole (from the ‘Death Valley Suite’) - Grofé arr. Duncan
    Order Ref : CMP000054

As recorded by the Sellers Engineering Band on the CD “American Landscapes” this vividly pictorial extract from Ferde Grofé’s Death Valley Suite comprises the third of the original four movements. The exhausted and parched immigrant train, lost in the Valley of Death, stumbles on through the blinding glare of the salt beds. The oxen suddenly lift their heads and bawl through cracked, dry throats – they have scented water ! Animals, men and women dash to the open spring of clear, gurgling water

Scherzo from Symphony No.10 - Shostakovich arr. Duncan
    Order Ref : CMP000052

Arranged by Andy Duncan for the Kirkintilloch Band, a rollicking scherzo from the Russian 'master', Shostakovich.

These and all other Crabtree Music Publications (including the Lewis Music Press Series) are now available to purchase securely online within the 'Music Publications' section of our website (www.crabtree-music.co.uk) or, alternatively, through all good recognised Brass Band retailers