You (lovely) swines!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Jeez, I'm flattered! I'm only a humble poster! Your 'farewell' messages have right got me choked!

Firstly, may I just say that I WILL have Internet access when I move to Arran, but it will be without broadband and with what I've got to do to get myself established when I move up there, my visits to tMP will be severely limited for the first few months. Nevertheless, thank you all for your lovely messages and thank you John and Will for combining to set it up! And big Arran hugs to all of you!

Still, before this gets too much like an Oscar speech.....

Yorkshire bloke goes to the doctor's. 'Look, doc, I've got summat stuck up me backside and I don't know what it is. Could you take a look?

Doctor has a look and fishes out a £10 note.

'Eeeee, must be me lucky day' says the patient.

'Hang on, there's more' says the doctor and proceeds to extract another £10 note, followed by a £5 note, a £20 note......

This goes on for some time until finally the doctor extracts the last note from the patient's backside.

'How much was in there, doc?'

'£1,995 in total'

'Eeeee, I knew I weren't feeling two grand!'
  2. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

And to think, that I was actually thinking that I was going to miss your wit!

Good luck Dave
  3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

lol thats what we're gona miss!!!

good luck dude
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Typical - you raise our hopes - then bring us crashing back down to earth! ;)
  5. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I take back everything I said.

6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I think i'm gonna cry.

Any chance we can have the phone lines to Arran dis-connected?!? ;) There must be at least one tMPer works at BT with the power to arrange that...surely?!? :-D
  7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Ha! Do your worst Crawford, but the ghost of Dave Payn will live on! :)
  8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I should add that for all your kind remarks, it's been a pleasure and a privilege to be part of a brilliant forum. Like Mike Lyons, as well as making new friends whom I've met through tMP, I feel like I've made loads more (like Mike) even though I've yet to meet them.

'Simply the best brass forum on the web'? Nah, Simply the best FORUM on the web. Period.

9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Wouldn't be the forum it is without your input Dave, all the best in sporran country.
  10. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

It's good to know you won't be totally gone, though after that supposed joke it'll be good to give the eyeballs a rest.

John, does he give the present back if he isn't really going?

Oh! You've not given it to him?

Great! We'll get a good 2nd hand price then. :)
  11. Di

Di Active Member

Come on chaps, don't say he didn't warn you!

Good luck with the move and with your future up north. ;)
  12. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

is there something that dave isn't tellin us about him and Mike??? ;)
    Good luck mate!!!!

*Jen* :D :D
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  13. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

One thing I will say though, I'm going to be very busy packing stuff away next week, add to that, I think I now WILL be away from tMP for a good while when I actually move, due to simply trying to get a foothold in life on Arran, will one or more of you kind souls look after On This Day from next week, please? Ta.

14. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

oh he's not bitin at the bait :rolleyes:
  15. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

If I did that, I'd probably get arrested, Jen! ;-) Whaddya want me to say? 'Actually, I'm having Mike Lyons' baby?' (which would be a 'cub' anyway. Ha ha!)

I'll get me coat and run. Fast....

16. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

like u say dave "just joshin" :-D
    I luv stirrin ppl it's fun.
    Oh look i'll tell u the truth i said it just so u cld talk to me *sigh*;) :rolleyes: hehehehe.
  17. NeilW

NeilW Member

Is Arran going to be off the superhighway for long?

Story from Computing 14-10-04

It says:

"...infrastructure covering the islands of Lewis, Harris, North Uist, South Uist, Benbecula and Barra.

High capacity digital microwave links will form a backbone network spanning the islands and linking community nodes back to a central hub in Stornoway. End users will access the high-speed links via the nodes using wireless technology."

Anyway, all the best, Dave...

18. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

:-d ?:-(
  19. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Just think, Dave, you'll be able to tMP AND cook dinner both at the same time :)
  20. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Use of the internet whilst in the middle of cooking can cause the user to forget about the dinner and result in a fire in the kitchen with smoke travelling throughout the property.
    :dunnoOf course, you would never catch ME doing anything like that ;)

It also means that Dave could take a laptop when he goes out to the fields to see the sheep. :tup