you know its cold when...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by six pints, Jan 17, 2005.

1. six pints

six pints Active Member

...you can see ur breathe in ur living room and apparently theres gonna be 6 inches of snow tonight. Yay!!! or not.

2. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

It is of course a yay!! Let it snow! :D

3. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Or you live in crappy student accommodation where the radiator doesn't work and no-one comes to fix it no matter how many times you complain!

4. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

...you stay in Scotland....;)

5. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Looking at the weather forecast tonight, there was a big snowflake right over Weaverham. However, it seems to be sleeting at the moment, which is the worst form of precipitation. Wet, soggy, invasive, dangerous and no use to man nor beast. At least snow is fun and rain is rain.
    BMB
    xx

6. Fergus

Fergus Member

The snow has now taken hold outside my house. If it continues like this for the rest of the night i'll be digging myself out in the morning. Oh....... to be an eskimo !!!

7. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Had to scrape loadsa snow off my car this morning, then ventured out on the Gosforth "skid pan". My school car park is also a skid pan!

8. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

No snow please. I have 3 paper rounds to do every morning plus I don't fancy pushing Stans Wheelchair round Butlins in the snow

9. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I hada shock when I opened my curtains this morning to see this white stuff all over the place... cos there wasn't a single bit of snow at 2/3am!!

10. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

You should walk around saying, "I see dead people".

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    theres gonna
    ur living room
    inches of snow tonight
  12. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Its been snowing most of the morning in Edinburgh, and its absolutely freezing - its about the first time I've been glad to be in a chemistry lab! :D

13. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

It snowed here this morning but it's all gone now. We have pants weather!

14. Di

Di Active Member

* stomps foot * I want some snow, its not fair! * stomps foot *

15. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

You know its cold when your on your motorbike on the way to uni and you can't feel any part of your body, even though at that point it had stopped snowing!!

16. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

You know it's cold when the platform waiting for the early morning train is full of peanut smugglers. :)

Think about it......

17. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Very Glad we have got no snow:-D that is here in Walsall (West Midlands) but it is a bit on the cold side.

Even better to say you know when it cold when;
    Not many people at dinner time doing SWIMMING and you have got the entire pool to yourself:-D

18. Di

Di Active Member

I said snow not hail and thunder! Have just driven through a storm of hailstones the size of peas and thunder and lightening! Then drove through an area where it was dry, then through about a mile where there was snow settled on the ground and slush on the road. Only drove about 8 miles, with all these changes along the way! :shock:

19. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Things have been variable here. Last week we were are +20C, this morning at -15C.

Supposed to snow on Saturday, just in time for a youth band rehearsal weekend :-(

20. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

You should take a trip to bonnie, white (not to mention baltic, chaotic, road-jammed and anything else to do with snow) Scotland. Oh, did I mention baltic? ;)

21. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

You know its really cold when your sat in the bandroom and your shivering so much you can't hold your cornet, and if you can you can't blow it cos your teeth are chattering so much! lol

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    theres gonna
    ur living room
    inches of snow tonight