You know all those flags on cars at the moment....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Fishsta, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

In case you were wondering what those flags on cars are all about :

In order to assist motorcyclists in identifying potentially dangerous drivers, it is now compulsory for anyone with a lower than average driving ability, who may exhibit poor eyesight and/or lack of forward/rearward observation and overtaking ability, to display a warning flag.

This flag comprises a red cross on a white background, attached to the top of at least one door of their vehicle.

For drivers of exceptionally low ability, who may not even realise how bad they are behind the wheel, additional flags are required.
  2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

thats about rite, i have two on my car, getting one for the rear parcel shelf and another fo the arial.

3. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I heard Terry Wogan talk about that this morning. If I hadn't been to England last weekend I would have had no idea what he was talking about! No flags to be seen here in Scotland - we must be super intelligent :wink:
  4. Golden-Hynd

Golden-Hynd Member

Or just can't play footie :D - sorry, had to be said and meant as a joke!!!

5. louise

louise New Member

the really naff thing about all this football malarky is that if (and i hope that it is a big one) england do win this thing we will never hear the end of it (just like the *@#%* world cup ) :lol:
  6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Kirsty, you should try round here then - the place is full of holidaymakers' cars with a red & white flag waving from them. I even got abused the other day by one such driver for daring to fly a Welsh flag out of my car - IN WALES! :shock: There are also tales of Welsh flags being damaged when left on vehicles parked on the side of the road somewhere in Anglesey I won't mention. Now, I'm all for patriotism - but surely that's taking things a bit too far? :roll:
  7. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Yeah, ok, we don't have as good a football team :wink:

But Louise is right about 1966... we get sick of hearing about that!
  8. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Oh no Dyl! Maybe we should have a UK team (or would it just be England anyway... :roll: ).
  9. dyl

dyl Active Member

It probably would, apart from, *cough* Giggs, and a half-decent goalie (for half-decent, read 'not English') - but that's beside the point! ;)
  10. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I know nothing about football so I shall take your word for it, Dyl! 8)
  11. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Well.. in the sweepstakes in work today have a guess at which team was drawn out for me.... England... hehe

I shall be taking my Welsh flag to work next week and hanging it over my desk...:)
  12. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

...and here was me thinking they were for england footie...

i find them so annoying, grr!!
  13. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Boy - that MUST have hurt.
  14. TheMusicMan

It did... especially as it was drawn out by my Dutch boss!!!!!
  15. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

When did England last win the World Cup?
  16. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

LAst year????

and getting back on topic, I haven't seen a flag on any cars down here......Come to Australia, and your driving skills enhance 200% Live in Australia, and you'll be convinced noone drives better than you!
  17. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Very good. Next question... When did England last win a World Cup in football?
  18. Trigger

Trigger Member

I'm disappointed in the lack of support shown here for the England guys!!! :lol: I find it strange that people who's teams can't even make it into a tournament, can criticise teams that do!! Come on England!! :bounce :lol:
  19. TheMusicMan

Now now... I hope you are not referring to me there Trigger? I haven't said anything about who I will or will not be supporting.

With Wales managing to get only a gnats thingy away from qualifying, and having just a tenth of the population of England - I know who I would be supporting should they have qualified. Sadly, having beaten Italy in the run up, they were cheated out of a place in the finals - so I will be supporting England in their games...:)

What are you referring to... "I'm disappointed in the lack of support shown here for the England guys!!! :lol: I find it strange that people who's teams can't even make it into a tournament, can criticise teams that do!! ", please elaborate...
  20. dyl

dyl Active Member

Yes please elaborate - can't see anyone criticising the England football team in this thread. Plenty of criticism about the way the 'fans' behave towards the locals round here though - completely different subject.