You HAVE to "Listen to the Band" tonight....(27/5/05)

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by TheMusicMan, May 27, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... and why is this ... ?? ... because tMP's very own, multi-talented Roger Thorne is having one of his compositions played on air - by Besses o'th'Barn. Here's the details... :clap:

Friday 27th May - BBC Radio 2 - Listen to the Band, 9.30 p.m.

Besses o'th' Barn conducted by Jim Cant.

'Andante' from Concertino for Baritone - Roger Thorne
    Soloist: Marrianne Cliffe.

The programme also includes The Arcadians, Chorale Prelude and a familiar march entitled Glemdene.

Let us know if you listen to it yeah.... thanlks folks...:biggrin:

2. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

GO MAZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

I'll be listening!

3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

And don't worry - if you do miss it, you can listen to it "on demand" from the radio 2 part of the BBC website.

4. brassybabe

brassybabe Member

yeah come on guys give the band some support and listen to us. we havent had much support over the last year or so. I think people have forgotten we r a new band trying to re-build, not the same besses from 10 years ago, we have got some pretty good talent around the stands as u will here tonight!
    GO MAZ!!!!!!!

5. jonford

jonford Member

Maz on the radio :clap:! I'm at work when its on (I wish the Trafford Centre wasn't open till 10pm!) But i'll no doubt listen to it later in the week.

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

...and let's give RT some support too...:clap:

7. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Is that meant as a good thing or a bad thing? ;)

I'll have it on if I'm allowed, and weill be looking forward to it :D

8. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

9. Just heard it on 'Listen again' beautiful movement Rog. Has the full piece been recorded anywhere?

10. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Very beautiful movement you've written there Roger. :tup

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Roger Thorne
    Listen to the Band
    one
    BBC Radio 2
    march
  12. lister89

lister89 Member

Just listening to it again, quite freaky listening to yourself play! Well done Maz and Coupe, you did us proud :D

xXx

13. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

I listened to it this afternoon on t'internet. The bari solo was excellent - gorgeously written and beautifully played.

I loved the Arcadians too - not heard that for ages and it brought back a load of memories. Thanks Besses, excellent gig!

14. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

:clap: :clap: :clap: Fantastic Mr Throne!! Is there no end to your talent?! ;) It's nice to actually hear something written for Baritone. A job well done!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

15. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

What a marvellous piece! Wish I was a baritone player.

16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

In the light of problems experienced in accessing this thread, I thought I'd move it into Auditorium - should be alright now!

17. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

I've just listened to it again - first time I've ever listened to one via streaming...very bizarre.

I quite like the barking iron solo as well ;) Interesting how Mr Coupe chose the Dick Turpin thing - fits in well with one of the (rather tenuous) stories as to how the Band got it's name :D

18. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments and remarks re: 'Andante'. :tup

You might be interested to know that it was Marianne who originally contacted me regarding publishing the 'slow' movememt of this Concertino as a seperate item, although at the time I never dreamed I would be listening to it being played on the Radio.
    Can I also thank Marianne for her fantastic performance and reading of this music. She is a brilliant musician and I hope that this performance will help to promote the Baritone as a more prominent Solo intrument.

;)