You Are the Sunshine of My Life

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by marc71178, Dec 3, 2007.

1. marc71178

marc71178 Member

Having seen this on the Brass in Concert 2006 DVD, our MD would like to get a set for our band to play.

Having searched we can't find it anywhere - can anyone help please?
  2. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

I know of a number of bands who play this (if you arr talking of the flugel/trombone feature). I think it's a Darrol Barry arrangment. Darrol is on tMP so you might want to PM him.
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

There's also the Goff Richards' arrangement for four flugels which is nice.
  4. agodwin

agodwin New Member

There is a really good Philip Harper arrangement of this as a Trombone Solo. I believe it is available from Wright and Round.
  5. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the add but unfortunately it isn't mine.

6. SteveT

SteveT Member

The arrangement you refer to is for 3 flugels and 3 trombones. It was originally arranged in about 1984 I think, when Goff Richards gave us it at Leyland. He came to listen when we tried it out during a recording session at Lancaster Hall when we did the first "Music of Philip Sparke" LP. I was on Bass Trombone at the time, and I was impressed. Great blend of sound!

I believe the problem is that Goff experienced copyright problems, although I have recently obtained limited copyright of my own version for one band.

Goff is "the man" when it comes to this kind of thing!

He is in the phone book and lives in Warrington.
  7. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

Just in case you didnt know, this version is very razzle dazzle loud big band style so total opposite to what i think you're searching for. You also need a really strong upper register as it screams around up high near the end.