You are never too old

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TIMBONE, Mar 13, 2006.

1. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Julie and I got back from Blackpool today, pleased that our band had gained 2nd place in the areas and were off to the finals in September. There was a phone message from my 86 year old dad, (the Larry Adler of the South West), telling us that he too had won a music prize. He came 1st in the open section of the Highbridge and Burnham music festival, where he gave a 15 minute recital on the harmonica. I am not sure yet what his programme was, but I am sure it included the "Barber of Saville" by Rossini. If you have never heard this played on a mouth organ, you have never lived!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Blackpool
    Julie
    Larry Adler
    year old dad
    Highbridge
  3. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Barber of Seville on the Harmonica - superb!

Congrats to your dad!

Why not write him a concerto for Harmonica and Brass Band?! ;-)

4. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Well done, Timbone's Dad :clap:

5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Indeed!! Timbone's dad Rocks! :clap: :cool:

6. vonny

vonny Member

Wow Timbone your dad's a star! It was cool to meet you and jules yesterday, and in case you can't remeber me I was the one who shouted hiya Timbone - in the bar :)

7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

you know...the one you tried to run from? :rolleyes:

8. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

I have just been speaking to my dad and passed on your congratulations. By the way, here is the programme of his recital. Barber of Seville, Rossini; Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, Bach; Pomp and Circumstance no.4, Elgar.

9. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Your dad's not the bloke who did his music degree on the harmonica is he? ;)
    Did see Jules yesterday from across the bar but couldn't get close enough to say hello due to being a shortarse with too many tall people in front of me...
    BMB
    xx

10. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Wow! Timbone your dad sounds like a proper legend! and he's from the South West! couldn't be better! :D GO TIMBONES DADDY!

11. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

ooh, sorry i didn't see you yesterday timbone - well done your band though :) i was there with my bf and a certain young child and so didn't get to listen to any bands till he'd finished playing. then we were both knackered and went home! boring i know ;) but anyway well done and well done to your dad too!
    xx

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Blackpool
    Julie
    Larry Adler
    year old dad
    Highbridge
  13. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Just thought I would pull this thread up again to let you know there is a picture of my Dad with his medal in the Gallery.