YORKSHIRE TOUR 2009 - Århus Brass Band

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Jacob Larsen, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

YORKSHIRE TOUR 2009
    The Danish top band Århus Brass Band is touring the Yorkshire region
    from July 5th to 13th 2009. The band was founded in 1924 and is one
    of the oldst brass bands in Denmark. Århus Brass Band was Danish
    Champions from 1998 to 2000 and are currently holding the 3rd place.

Tour repertoire includes: Blitz (Bourgeois), Jubilance (Himes), City & The
    Stars (Larsen), Vitae Aeternum (PLC), Children of Sanches (Mangione) +
    many new arrangements to be premiered in the UK during the tour.

Kindest

Jacob Vilhelm Larsen
    musical director - Århus Brass Band

www.aarhusbrassband.dk

[​IMG]

2. Are you stopping near york at all ?

3. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

Yes :) we are doing a street concert on July 7th at 1.30 am. Upper Parliament Street (at Clair´s Accessories).
    We will do a programme with light and popular music :) Come and say hallo if you are there :)

Kindest
    Jacob

4. We are York railway institute band if in York on the 6th you and your band would like to come to our rehearsal or use our band room we practise at 8till 10. with bar as part of our club ,you would be most welcome. we are near the train station. very close to town centre.

5. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

Hi again. That could have been great and fun for both bands. Unfortunately we are only in York at the July 7th. But you are very welcome to come visit us in Huddersfield :) and have a beer with us :)

Kindest
    Jacob

6. Have a great tour!

7. Tracey

Tracey Member

Hi,

If you having nothing planned on Saturday 11th July why not come to Silkstone near Barnsley to our annual March and Hymn Tune Contest. You could enter the band or just come to enjoy the evening! I'm doing the draw tonight so if you're interested send me a text on 07950990801.

8. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

Hi Tracey. Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately we are fully booken on July 11th. We should have known about the contest earlier.
    I think this could have great for the band to experience this. I´ll keep the event in mind if we return in the future :) Once again thank
    you for giving us the call...

Kindest

Jacob