Yorkshire Regionals 1982 test pieces...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by cornetkate, Dec 21, 2010.

1. cornetkate

cornetkate Member

I have a friend that would really like to get hold of a copy of the testpiece played by Rotherham band at the area in 1982. From my research I understand they were 4th section but can't find out what the piece was called. Can anyone help? I would be really grateful. Thanks for reading :) Kate

2. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

According to the SBBA website, it was a piece called Excelsior by Hanmer - my band came 4th, and I remember the piece, erm...., not at all. :rolleyes:

3. cornetkate

cornetkate Member

Thank you for your speedy post..it's been a nightmare trying to find the piece. I guess it's going to be a whole new nightmare trying to find a recording of it!! Any suggestions would be really appreciated :)

4. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

5. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Excelsior! is by Howard Snell, not arranged by Howard Snell. It was the 3rd section Pontins test-piece a few years ago. However, this was written in 1998 for the St Helens Youth Band.

As far as I can tell (from 4BR) the 1982 Regional test-piece for the 4th section was as previously mentioned; Excelsior by Ronald Hanmer. Seems unlikely to have been arranged by anyone, because Hanmer was quite capable of scoring his own brass band music!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice