Yorkshire Regionals 1982 test pieces...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by cornetkate, Dec 21, 2010.

1. cornetkate

cornetkate Member

I have a friend that would really like to get hold of a copy of the testpiece played by Rotherham band at the area in 1982. From my research I understand they were 4th section but can't find out what the piece was called. Can anyone help? I would be really grateful. Thanks for reading :) Kate

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    hold
    band
    anyone
    Rotherham
    Thanks
  3. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

According to the SBBA website, it was a piece called Excelsior by Hanmer - my band came 4th, and I remember the piece, erm...., not at all. :rolleyes:

4. cornetkate

cornetkate Member

Thank you for your speedy post..it's been a nightmare trying to find the piece. I guess it's going to be a whole new nightmare trying to find a recording of it!! Any suggestions would be really appreciated :)

5. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

6. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Excelsior! is by Howard Snell, not arranged by Howard Snell. It was the 3rd section Pontins test-piece a few years ago. However, this was written in 1998 for the St Helens Youth Band.

As far as I can tell (from 4BR) the 1982 Regional test-piece for the 4th section was as previously mentioned; Excelsior by Ronald Hanmer. Seems unlikely to have been arranged by anyone, because Hanmer was quite capable of scoring his own brass band music!