Yorkshire Regional Championships - 2010

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Didnt take long did it :rolleyes:

2. agentorange

agentorange Member

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. This result proves absolutely nothing though, so lets just leave the areas behind and let those bands with a point to prove show their class next March.

3. barrytone

barrytone Member

Totally agree with agentorange, the areas 2010 is done and gone, sure any band with a point to prove will let their playing do the talking.

Rick, don't worry what people say, you got to play at the finals again and no one can take that from you. The records will say that you were runners up in Yorkshire First Section 2010 and that won't change, sadly some people like to kick others when they are down, poor aspect of human nature but there you go, don't try to take it to heart.

4. iancwilx

iancwilx Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.
    This contest doesn't matter - you're still promoted.

What's that saying, something like "Nil illigetamus carborundum" ??

Good luck HBB !!

- Mr Wilx

5. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

I wonder which band Space Cowboy plays for....Sour grapes?

6. grausue

grausue Member

LOL @Donna. I hope they've all had a great weekend, and done their best. It's all anyone can wish for! Roll on March........

7. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

I've never made it a secret on here which band I play for.

Not sour grapes just hoping those who give it can take it.

I've had my weekend ruined by yesterday's result. I keep laughing for no apparent reason and I'm worried that the people I know who aren't banders might think I'm going mad.

8. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

A bit petty but hey - ho your entitled to your opinion. I for one hope that Hebden Bridge will continue to build and do well in the Championship section.

9. Simon Preshom

Simon Preshom Member

Woah, that's quite an achievement ..... counting 1,2 and the band comes in.....truly world class talent there.

With the greatest of respect to Roy, who I do not know:

Very best conductor bracket (IMHO)
    Elgar Howarth
    Howard Snell
    David King
    Bramwell Tovey
    Allan Withington
    Hannes Buchagger

Not to mention James Gourlay, Russell Gray, the Childs brothers, Garry Cutt and host of other successful contesting conductors......

I am sure Roy himself would not disagree with me ;)

Are you serious Ian? Worryingly, I think you are.

10. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Oh Please, That is an unbelievable statement!! Grow Up, Get Life etc etc

It's a brass band contest when all said and done, so you didn't win one earlier this year, get over it, you're gonna lose far more than you win, and I'd hate for your life to be full or ruined weekends because of it!

I'm not affiliated to any of the relevant bands here, but having heard Meltham & Hebdon in the first section I found it hard to believe they'd both come quiet so low down. I'm not saying they should have won but they both put in respectable shows, and bravo to them!

11. barrytone

barrytone Member

Think it's time we put this to bed now, what's done is done, as my wonderful grandad once said to me" only thing you get by looking back is a crick in your neck", wise words that have stayed with me through out life. No one can change the past, move on and concentrate on what is to come.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010