Yorkshire Regional Championships - 2010

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Feb 15, 2010.

1. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Insult inserted there ^

2. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Who is the bigger idiot?

The man who pokes fun or the man who openly seeks to break the law and pretty much states to a recording engineer that they would be happy to rob them of their living?

Get a sense of humor.

3. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Crumbs, that question's almost as hard as 'Daddy or chips'.

4. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Not mine.....if it was the same as previous years it will have been Mike Briggs.

5. tromwinst

tromwinst Member

Firstly, didnt actually know it wasnt allowed. Secondly, only asking as I have seen lots of links on here of bands playing so prosumed this was allowed.

Maybe if a company recorded the day so that other members of the public could listen to bands that played then this would promote banding. So many people miss this event and others like it for whatever reasons they have, yet, would still very much like to listen to how everyone played?

Is this allowed or can it be done?

Hells Bones, I would not happily rob anyone, and if the recordings were available I would happily buy them. But, until this becomes available and people are posting videos on sites such as this and facebook then me like many others will watch them as there seems to be no other way as yet to be able to catch up on such events.

Anyway, Why are these events not recorded?

6. KMJ Recordings

Some are, some were, others never have been. There's more of a market at the finals and - in that case - more of a chance of breaking even.

7. tromwinst

tromwinst Member

Thanks, its a shame that all of them cant be recorded. Maybe ( fingers crossed ) this can be something the contests themselves can look at. Hopefully with the help of the latest BBC attempts to promote brass bands this could be another avenue to look for the promoters of the contests?

8. KMJ Recordings

In some cases it's prohibitively expensive - Blackpool, for instance, runs in three simultaneous venues....3 crews, 3 parallel rigs for 8 hours = no return. Linear contests like Yorkshire are ostensibly easier as you just rig in one room for the weekend....

9. KMJ Recordings

Chips.

Every time ;)

10. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

three remarks here:
    (1) file sharing is not allowed through tMP, so inquiries about illegal CD copies or live recordings of music are removed from the site as soon as we spot them or when they get reported
    (2) we cannot prevent links to other websites like facebook and youtube (we can't even check the facebook movies, because you have to be "friends" with the person who posted them). If anyone has a copyright issue with a movie on any of these sites, they should contact the responsibles of those websites.
    (3) do not posts insults to other members. keep this up, and you are on a certain way to being banned. If you have a problem with something another member said, use the "report offensive post" button on the left.

so, back to the topic now ;)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  11. Zappa

Zappa Member

You truely are a 'super moderator' Good job Jan H (not been sarcastic, i do actually serioualy mean that!) :clap:

12. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

There are notices everywhere, on every wall, stating that audio or video recording is not permitted. I'm sure you can pick them out on the facebook videos.... :rolleyes:

On another note:

It must be awful difficult for the recording engineers to get it right when so many bands sit in different formations. I've often thought that in st george's hall, mics on the stage don't work as you don't really get the upward pointing insruments at all.

If truth be told, the official recording of our performance we got with the remarks isn't all that bad - but all you can really hear with any clarity throughout is top man, sop, trombones and solo euph. As you can appreciate, being a bass player it's a bit dissapointing! It's been the same in previous years as well....

Still better than no recording at all though!!

13. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

You get recordings? Crikey, down here we're happy to just be in a venue with a canteen that isn't a caravan in the car park...

I thought it was supossed to be 'grim oop North'? ;)

14. KMJ Recordings

It's grim alright...but it's offset by having people like me :biggrin:

Speak to the Area Committee....you may find they can get someone in....I'm doing the Scottish Championship, for instance....Yorkshire have had them for ages, Wales have had them in the past, I think London and SE have had them at one point (but could be wrong)....

15. Pav

Pav Member

Speak for yourself. I miss the burger van!

16. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

L&SE have had them every year since I started contesting in 1998.

17. KMJ Recordings

Thought so...thanks Ian :)

18. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

It ain't half as grim as that bloke from Sheffield is making out on the other thread.... ;)

19. stuartw

stuartw Member

20. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

17 & 18 out of 18.

Maybe those who questioned the area results had a point.