Yorkshire Regional Championships - 2010

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by YRBBC, Dec 21, 2009.

1. YRBBC

YRBBC Member

Change of Adjudicator

There has been a change of adjudicators from previously announced by the Yorkshire Regional Committee on their website.

James Gourlay has withdrawn from adjudicating the First Section with Lynda Nicholson.
    Kevin Wadsworth has moved from adjudicating the Fourth Section and will now judge the First Section with Lynda.

Philip Sparke has been appointed to replace Kevin and will judge the Fourth Section with Steve Pritchard-Jones.
  2. Columbo

Columbo Member

First section could be a lottery then unless Kevin Wadsworth gets his way.
  3. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

What? Gets his way with Lynda?
  4. Columbo

Columbo Member

5. YRBBC

YRBBC Member

Closing Date for Entries to Yorkshire Regional

The closing date for entries to the Yorkshire Regional Championships is fast approaching.
    If you have not sent in your entry please make sure you get it in the post as soon as possible.
    Closing date for entries is Saturday, 2nd January.

Please get in touch if you have a problem with this or at least notify me that your band intend to enter the contest.

Many thanks
    Peggy Tomlinson, Regional Secretary.
    yrbbc@tiscali.co.uk or telephone 0114 2468102
  6. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

I suspect Jason is refering to the results of a previous contest where the well qualified and excellent musician that is Linda Nicholson adjudicated this year. He and others didn't like the results.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  7. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Can anyone (YRBBC perhaps) tell me if there's a stipulated amount of time that a person has to have been devoid of any formal association with a band in order to adjudicate them at an area contest?

PS - Genuine Enquiry! Not looking to cause any trouble....
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  8. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Great, Shame James can't be in Yorkshire, but fantasitic news that Peggy's been able to get Philip to Judge his own piece. Fabulous news for all concerned in the 4th section.
  9. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

that was ploughboy not me!
  10. Columbo

Columbo Member

11. Simon Preshom

Simon Preshom Member

Not bitter then...
  12. Columbo

Columbo Member

Not at all. :)
  13. YRBBC

YRBBC Member

Tickets for Yorkshire Regional 2010 go on sale on Monday, 4th January.

Due to health and safety issues raised by management of St.George's Hall, the system of allocated seating for the Championship section was introduced last year. After positive feedback this system is to continue for the Championship section only.

All the lower sections will remain unallocated and patrons and band members will be allowed to sit where they wish.

Ticket prices remain the same (£6) and will be available from St. George's Hall Box Office on 01284 432000 or via www.bradford-theatres.co.uk from Monday, 4th January.

Please note St. George's Hall impose an additional £1 booking fee on every ticket purchased.
    This fee will not apply if you pay cash. Anyone attending more than one session is advised to purchase all tickets at the same time and then only one booking fee will apply.
    This booking fee is imposed by St. George's Hall and is out of the control of the Yorkshire Committee.

Happy New Year Everyone.
    Peggy Tomlinson
    Regional Secretary
  14. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Last year the Allocated seating worked really well, It's a bit of a Faff to get everyone out and back in again, but it does help when you don't have people leaving their stuff everywhere to save a certain seat, if they want that seat they purchase the ticket in advance. . .
  15. Columbo

Columbo Member

I agree, there was a delay however last year as people queued for tickets at last minute. We also noticed some, shall we say, better known people walking straight to the front when many had waited for ages. That said, I think most managed to get in.
  16. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

In reality the delay was because Dyke we No.1, sadly if it had been... Skelmanthorpe (no offence meant) I suspect they may have cracked on.
  17. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Jason you are wrong. The ticket machine broke down. Nothing to do with last minute queing etc. If people were pushing in you should have grown a pair and challenged them instead of griping about it on here.
    The Yorkshire area is very well run by Peggy and co. If you take issue with anything that you percieve to be wrong you can as always, raise it with the committee. It would save the usual moaning and groaning on here. :D
  18. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Haaaaaaa! Donna, my heroine ;)
  19. YRBBC

YRBBC Member

Always promise myself I will not get drawn into debate but I have to take you up on this comment Garry.

I thought you knew me better than to think I don't treat every band in my region with the same respect. It did not matter which band were drawn No. 1.

I know how far some patrons travel to listen to our top section and when there were problems at the box office which were out of our control I took the decision to delay the start until everyone was in the hall. If necessary I would to do the same again.

I am just hoping more people purchase their tickets in advance and St. George's have their box office in working order so that we can run to our usual smooth standard. :tup

Peggy T.
  20. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Peggy, I know you treat the 4th section bands with the same dignity and gravity as the top section bands, Yourself and the Yorkshire team run a fabulous weekend (as do many other area's I've visited). To be honest I'd forgotten we'd started late last year, we were in our seats and chatting with the folk sat around us (as only Yorkshire folk can do!).

I suppose you can hope more people buy in advance, we do as it means we can get the seats we like without sitting for the day to claim it. If time permits a bigger break between the end of the previous section and the start of the top section might help.

Jason - I'm not sure the average door clerk at St. George's would know who the "well known" faces are . . .