Yorkshire Pudding Mixture - Warning!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Charmed, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

A word of warning:

Whilst mixing Yorkshire Pudding batter (especially in a special, sealed batter shaker), do not mix over carpet!

If one does this and the top suddenly flies off, one will find the the lumpy, off white batter will stick to carpets, settees, clothes etc.

When attempteing to clean the Yorkshire Pudding Mixture from carpet, one can try soapy warm water, but one will find that when the carpet dries, one will have a 'lovely' white, blotchy, mess. One can also go one step further and try a carpet stain remover, even the most expensive, brand named one, only to find once again that once dried, the said white, blotchy mess will reappear.

Lesson, DON'T DROP YORKSHIRE PUDDING MIXTURE ONTO CARPETS.

However, if anyone has successfully removed the above mentioned irritation, please feel free to let me know!!! :eek:

2. Steve

Steve Active Member

Oh, thats an original excuse!!

3. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I do know that if you get yorkshire pudding mixture, or, as it might be pancake mixture, in your hair you must stop whatever you're doing and get it out of your hair immediately. If you let it dry even slightly you will have batter in your hair until it grows out...
    Can't help with carpets I'm afraid.
    BMB
    xx

4. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Ok, I have to ask. Why on earth would anybody be mixing yorkshire pudding batter near a settee? :confused:

Go on, you can come clean here, (even if your carpet can't!). You were trying to do tMP at the same time as making tea weren't you?

You know what that makes you, don't you? :biggrin:

5. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Yeh, SAD! :biggrin:

6. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

What on earth is one of those? Do these make really good YP? How do you get the air into the mix? Is it a bit like buying a plastic mouthpiece?

Just use a bowl a spoon and then you'll not have the problem of the lid coming off your shaker.

7. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Actually, if the lid is secure!! These make excellent Yorkshire puddings. It's a tupperware make, and you just put in all the ingredients and shake. NORMALLY, we have beautiful, well risen, Yorkshire puds!

You just have to remember to secure the lid! :eek:

8. gawber

gawber Active Member

Aunt Bessie makes mine and she never makes a mess of the carpet.

I'll ask my old man for tips about cleaning when he comes in from work-he authorises insurance claims for Allied Carpets so may have come across this problem before.

9. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

...and trust you to have an original reply :rolleyes:

10. Di

Di Active Member

The cleaning instructions with our carpet for spills etc were not to rub, but to soak and mop up. I generally get the affected area really wet, then trample with a dry cloth.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Yorkshire Pudding Mixture
    Yorkshire Pudding Mixture - Warning
    mixing Yorkshire Pudding batter
    white batter
    carpet stain remover
  12. gawber

gawber Active Member

A man of few words, he says, "Buy a new carpet" :-?

13. paddo

paddo Member

The best way to solve that problem is!

DON'T DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE;)

14. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Buy a new carpet!!:sup
    Isn't that what home insurance is for:wink:

15. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Update!

1 shampoo application, 2 Vanish carpet stain remover applications later - still noticable, although slightly faded. Perhaps after another 4 or 5 applications it will be gone, or there will be a hole in the carpet! :eek:

16. laurz_oconnor

laurz_oconnor Member

I worry about you susan darling, on viewing this with my mother she says to give her a call as you obviously need to get out more! ouch!

17. Di

Di Active Member

I do wonder if the mark is, at least in part, left over sudsy stuff from the detergents. Have you tried soaking with lots of water and soaking up by trampling with a towel?

18. Lisa

Lisa Member

How about moving a piece of furniture on top of it so it doesn't show - or a rug - then no-one would know! ;)

Or if you are very clever you could cut the bad chunk of carpet out and cut a good chunk of carpet out of a non-noticable place (such as under sofa) and then swap the two pieces around! :p

19. HBB

HBB Active Member

The latter is surely a recipe for disaster!!

20. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

A bit like Yorkshire pudding, apparently! ;):tongue:

21. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Don't try to sieve yorkshire pudding mix either! I swear that's what one of my housemates was trying to do...that or sieve cheese...! Nightmare to clean, we had to let the sieve soak for about a month...! :rolleyes:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Yorkshire Pudding Mixture
    Yorkshire Pudding Mixture - Warning
    mixing Yorkshire Pudding batter
    white batter
    carpet stain remover