Yorkshire imps

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by adrian90s, Nov 26, 2007.

1. adrian90s

adrian90s Member

Hi folks,

I've been playing again for the last 18 months after a lapse of 12 years when I stopped playing at Grimethorpe. I'm having a great time on principle Euph under Jim Davies at the Yorkshire Imps.
    We have just returned from the Scottish open where we gained a very creditable 4th place :clap: . Our next contest is at Butlins where we aim to continue our march up the rankings. Please say hello when you see us out and about.

Adrian Nurney
  2. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

I'm sure they will.... ;-)
  3. Blagger

Blagger Member

Hiya matey:p
    Think I recognise the name - did you play at Grimey same time as Simon Willis? (2nd Euph) .Also - was Billy Millar on solo euph at some time then?
    Anyhow - welcome back

p.s - is it Priniple or Principal ???;)
  4. markyboy

markyboy Member

Hi . I'm sure you remember when 'The South Bank Show' featured Haaken Hardenburger many years ago and he played with Grimethorpe in their bandroom .

Didn't you do a small interview comparing him to a top footballer ?

I'll have to dig the video out some time and have another look !
  5. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Was that the one when he played Rule Brittania Variations? If so I think I remember it, oh eck!
  6. adrian90s

adrian90s Member

Yes I was there during the time of Nick, billy millar and Robin Taylor we also used Bob, Steven Mead, Lyndon Baglin, David Moore (sat at both sides of me, not at once!) Yes, did the Hardenburger job, interviewed many times, especially when the pit shut. Have lots of tales, but I'd need a book.
    Enjoying life at the Imps and hope to achieve great success with them, I practising harder than ever to keep 1/2 as good!