Yorkshire Imps - Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by trumpetmaest, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Yorkshire Imps are looking for a top class percussion player to complete our lineup in the push towards the English Nationals contest in Preston and beyond.

We practice on Mondays & Thursdays 8pm-10pm and are situated in Methley, Leeds, close to M62 and M1 motorways. Players travel from around the Yorkshire area so lifts could be organised if transport is an issue.

If you are a percussionist who would enjoy taking up the challenge of our varied musical repetoire or for any further details contact Laura Brown on 07596964024 or laurabrown2208@hotmail.com.

Alternatively PM me and I can take any details.

2. adrian90s

adrian90s Member

Yorkshire Imps

Would anyone be interested in a vacant 2nd Euphonium job in our band? We rehearse at Methley, Leeds on Monday and thursday evenings.
    Our next job is a broadcast on the 3rd Sept and would like someone in place before then. we need someone reliable and able to commit to rehearsals.

Please pm me for any questions.

Adrian Nurney (principal Euph)

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment Guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2009
  3. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Yorkshire Imps are looking for top class percussion and cornet player to complete our lineup.

We have an even mix of future concerts and contests including playing at the prestigious Leeds Parish Church and upcoming St Helens Contest.

We practice on Mondays & Thursdays 8pm-10pm and are situated in Methley, Leeds, close to M62 and M1 motorways. Players travel from around the Yorkshire area so lifts could be organised if transport is an issue.

If you are a percussionist or cornet player who would enjoy taking up the challenge of our varied musical repetoire or for any further details contact our secretary Diane Grant on 07914581371 or email yorkshireimps@blueyonder.co.uk.

4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Good luck at ST. Helens Rich.

Just followed the link through, Your website could do with an update. . . .

Hope you're keeping well.
    Garry.

5. iancwilx

iancwilx Well-Known Member

It sure could. I've sent several email msgs to the website in the past 5 weeks and received no response whatsoever.
    Someone needs to "Get up to speed" !!

- Mr Wilx

6. barrytone

barrytone Member

I understand there's a problem with the website that the band are dealing with so in the meantime I would suggest you contact Diane Grant on the number provided, worked for me. Thanks.

7. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Yes, I'm still listed as MD six months down the line. I'm sure it's about time Stan's picture replaced mine!

David

8. iancwilx

iancwilx Well-Known Member

Well at least they haven't still got me down as a current member - mind you, I did leave 38 years ago !!

- Mr wilx

9. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

I can remember when Imps were one of the top names in banding, and not so many moons ago either... Bob on euph, Jason on principal with my hubby bumper up, Lyn on sop, Alan Exley at the helm and a great wealth of talented players putting the band where they deserved to be as Yorkshire Champions.

Memories of the band at Spennymoor's BiC stay with me, especially Trumpet Blues & Cantabile - no-one has ever played it quite like your band, and your Endeavour CD is still one of my faves - especially the Bass Trom in Triptych!

Great to see a comeback if at all possible, and I'm sure you're doing your utmost to get back up there!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  10. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

May I remind everyone that threads in the recruitment forum are not meant to be used for discussion and chitchat. This is to not clutter up the recruitment ads, and also to avoid "bumps" (intended or unintended). If anyone wants to discuss the great history history of a certain band, we want to ask him/her to open a thread in the Rehearsal Room forum.

Thanks for the cooperation!

11. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Thanks Jan for bringing us back on topic, seen as the original intention of my post has been lost amongst all the chatter i will just post the same advert again to make sure that the current post is about recruitment and not about moderating the thread.

Yorkshire Imps are looking for top class percussion and cornet player to complete our lineup.

We have an even mix of future concerts and contests including playing at the prestigious Leeds Parish Church and upcoming St Helens Contest.

If you are a percussionist or cornet player who would enjoy taking up the challenge of our varied musical repetoire or for any further details contact our secretary Diane Grant on 07914581371 or email yorkshireimps@blueyonder.co.uk.

12. adrian90s

adrian90s Member

Also required: BBb Bass, again this is urgent for the St. Helens contest on 15th November. If you think you can do it, contact Richard above.

Thanks

13. DanBell

DanBell New Member

Player Vacancy for 2010

The Yorkshire Imperial Urquhart Travel Band currently has a vacancy for a 1st class Bass Trombone player for the forthcoming concert/contest season.

All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and the successful applicant should be available for an immediate start, in time for the Butlins and Yorkshire Area contests, 22nd-25th Jan and 6th March respectively.

The band rehearses on Monday and Thursday nights between 8pm and 10pm in Methley, Leeds. Very close to M1, M62 and A1.

Interested parties should contact our Player Manager, Jess Martin on 07756 759390 or PM myself with details of your personal playing history.

Every applicant will be contacted.

14. DanBell

DanBell New Member

Bass Trom Update

The Bass Trombone position has now been filled for the Butlins Contest ONLY.

Applications are still welcome for the Yorkshire Area and beyond.

Any further applications will again be in the strictest of confidence.

Thanks

15. DanBell

DanBell New Member

Experienced BBb Bass Player Required

The Yorkshire Imperial Urquhart Travel Band currently has a vacancy for an experienced BBb Bass player.

All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and the successful applicant should be available for an immediate start, in time for the Yorkshire Area contest on 6th March 2010.

The band rehearses on Monday and Thursday nights between 8pm and 10pm in Methley, Leeds. Very close to M1, M62 and A1. If transport is an issue, we have players from across the Yorkshire region so lifts to and from rehearsals could be a possibility.

Interested parties should contact our Player Manager, Jess Martin on 07756 759390 or PM myself with details of your personal playing history.

Every applicant will be contacted.

16. DanBell

DanBell New Member

Update

BBb Bass Position has now been filled. Thanks.

17. DanBell

DanBell New Member

Update

Bass Trombone position has also been filled. Thanks.

18. DanBell

DanBell New Member

The Yorkshire Imperial Urquhart Travel Band currently has a vacancy for BBb Bass.

All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.

The band now rehearses on Tuesday and Thursday nights between 8pm and 10pm in Gawthorpe, Wakefiled. Very close to M1 (junc 40) and M62. If transport is an issue, we have players from across the Yorkshire region so lifts to and from rehearsals could be a possibility.

If interested please PM me or email daniel_bell@btinternet.com

Thanks

19. DanBell

DanBell New Member

1st Horn Vacancy

Due to one of our members recently completing a university degree and leaving the area the Yorkshire Imperial Urquhart Travel Band has an immediate vacancy for 1st Horn.

We rehearse on Tuesday and Thursday nights between 8pm and 10pm in Gawthorpe, Wakefield, very close to M1 (junc 40) and M62. If transport is an issue, we have players from across the Yorkshire region so lifts to and from rehearsals could be a possibility.

We have a sensible concert/contest diary and many exciting projects for the forthcoming 12 months including a CD recording.

All interested parties please PM me or email daniel_bell@btinternet.com

Alternatively you can contact me directly on 07765543911

All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.

20. DanBell

DanBell New Member

Horn position is no longer vacant. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice