Yorkshire Imps Uniform Amnesty

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TinklePipe, Jun 14, 2006.

1. TinklePipe

TinklePipe New Member

Due to a current shortage of stage and travelling uniform the Yorkshire Imperial Urquhart Travel Band are holding a jacket amnesty. Sadly, a significant number of jackets have not been returned and at times we struggle to provide kit because individuals have not returned items :eek: .

If you have a Yorkshire Imperial uniform hiding deep in the recesses of your wardrobe, hanging in your spare room gathering dust or know of someone who might have please get in touch with rbarker@yorkshireimps.co.uk or nkaye@yorkshireimps.co.uk to make arrangements for items to be returned.

We are not interested in recriminations, there will be no naming/shaming :oops: , we would simply like to get our jackets back so that we are able to kit out the whole band comfortably without resorting to borrowing or purchasing new jackets at significant cost :mad: .

Please help if you can.

Richard Barker
    Publicity Manager
    Yorkshire Imperial Urquhart Travel Band

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    jackets
    number
    shortage
    stage
    someone
  3. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I've got a lovely blue Yorkshire Imps uniform languishing at the back of my wardrobe - It's got huge wide lapels, flared trousers and comes complete with a frilly fronted blue shirt and a dickie bow reminiscent of a giant South American butterfly all rounded off with a pair of black patent shiny shoes.
    I can deliver if necessary ..............!!!!!
    - Wilky

4. TinklePipe

TinklePipe New Member

WIlky,

We were considering a change of uniform, a 'Retro' return might be possible..... perhaps you'd like to come down to our next rehearsal to model it for us providing it still fits!

Regards

Richard

5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Richard - Unfortunately the uniform appears to have shrunk considerably over the years, along with the majority of my collar length curly locks.
    I don't really think that my slight weight gain of about 3 stone, (Conservative estimate), since those days would have any serious bearing on the matter as the shoes still fit!
    I would nip down and model it for you, but I feel it would be an offence against public decency, and I may also run the risk of being arrested for causing a breach of the peace.
    It should be left to rest in peace,mouldering away in my wardrobe, unless I can sell it on EBay to a sad Glam Rock Band - I would of course donate any monies received to your band fund.
    Watch this space !
    - Wilky

6. Mr Malone

Mr Malone Member

£20.00 for the job lot! I rather fancy the velvet dickie...it will go nicely with my crushed velvet slacks!

Tony Malone
    Chair
    Wharfedale Glam Rock Society

7. TinklePipe

TinklePipe New Member

Still more missing!

Thanks to those who have returned their dusty uniforms:clap: .

There are still a significant number missing though :confused: , so if your fed up of them cluttering your spare room or wardrobe please make contact at the addresses provided previously and we can try to arrange collection!

Only the modern red/black and gold jackets though, we voted against introducing the 70's retro !;)

Regards

Richard

8. DannyCollin

DannyCollin Member

tut tut tut, no sense of style some people

btw i hope my ''slimline'' jacket fits someone

try mr fowler, he seems to have ''filled out'' a bit ;) :D

9. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Anyone from Imps?

Is there anyone from Yorkshire Imps going to either Pontins or Brass in Concert? I've found an Imps jacket in my wardrobe from when I played a couple of years ago and would like to return it as I need more space for clothes.

Cheers,
    Laura

10. postie

postie Member

Hi Laura,
    I would send a P.M. to Sudcornet he is on here quite a lot am sure that they will be more than happy to see a jacket coming back.

11. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I told him at Easingwold I had it, so he knows! I forgot to take it that day. D'oh.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    jackets
    number
    shortage
    stage
    someone
  13. iaindrum

iaindrum Member

Alright Laura,
    im going with all the spenny lot so ill get it off yer, are you and Ian going on the spenny bus?
    Iain Wilson

14. TinklePipe

TinklePipe New Member

Jacket Amnesty

[​IMG] Yorkshire Imps Uniform Amnesty - 14.06.2006, 10:36

Due to a current shortage of stage and travelling uniform the Yorkshire Imperial Urquhart Travel Band are holding a jacket amnesty. Sadly, a significant number of jackets have not been returned and at times we struggle to provide kit because individuals have not returned items :eek: .

If you have a Yorkshire Imperial uniform hiding deep in the recesses of your wardrobe, hanging in your spare room gathering dust or know of someone who might have please get in touch with rbarker@yorkshireimps.co.uk or nkaye@yorkshireimps.co.uk to make arrangements for items to be returned.

We are not interested in recriminations, there will be no naming/shaming :oops: , we would simply like to get our jackets back so that we are able to kit out the whole band comfortably without resorting to borrowing or purchasing new jackets at significant cost :mad: .

Please help if you can.

Richard Barker
    Publicity Manager
    Yorkshire Imperial Urquhart Travel Band

Obviously missed this earlier in the year then....it's still applicable to anyone else currently doing out there wardrobe to make space for those Christmas outfits!

Just drop us a line and we will arrange collection etc (thanks for agreeing to collect this one Iain)

15. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I have no idea what is going on that day apart from one thing......listening to lots of bands ;-) and maybe the odd diet cola in between. But I'll bring the jacket.