Yorkshire grading, 2006 !

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by madandcrazytromboneguy, Oct 7, 2005.

1. hi guys and gals

just wondered if anyone could tell me the official list of which bands will be playing in which sections for next years yorkshire regional contest

a full list below would be great

cheers! :)
  2. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Not an official list but I think it's as follows with points total for last 2 years, sorry I don't know all the bands that got promoted/relegated last year but here's my starter for the 1st Section (IMPS not included as National winners back in champioship):

1 Drighlington ( 8 )
    2 Marsden Silver (9)
    3 Yorkshire Building Society Concert (10)

4= United Co-op Yorkshire (11) (relegated 2005?)
    4= West Yorkshire Police (11) (promoted 2005)
    4= Hebden Bridge (11) (promoted 2005)
    4= Pennine Brass (added as below) (11)
    4= Lindley (relegated 2005?) (11)

9 Barnsley Building Society (13)
    10 Stannington Brass (15)
    11= Holme Silver (Disposables UK) (16)
    11= Knottingley Silver (16)
    13 Chapeltown Silver (18 )
    14 Wakefield Metropolitan (21)

3. come on all you yorkshire players on here, if you know that your band is going up or down sections then please say so that we can put the lists together of which bands are playing in which sections.

i'll start it off, i know hebden bridge are going up to 1st this time.
  4. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

We are down to 2nd Section (Kippax)
    - Wilky
  5. markyboy

markyboy Member

Pennine Brass will be competing in the 2006 first section Area contest.
  6. kippax in 2nd?!?!?!?!?!

hell i didnt know that, your score wasnt all that bad was it? i thought kippax tended to finish in the middle of the 1st section quite a lot so therefore they would stay there
  7. just incase i aint said it yet, i'd like to know who will be in all the sections, if some1 could put a list together then that would be good, i presume all bands from 1st to 4th sections know which sections they will be in now, is that correct?
  8. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Hatfield Band, Old Silkstone, and now Yorkshire Imps have all been promoted to the Championship from 2006.
  9. ok so we know the 3 goin up, how about the 1s goin down, then we can have an official list of the champ section, that will be 1 down, 4 more to put together, dont stop now guys, lets get these lists for next yrs yorkshire area confirmed!
  10. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

OK this is my stab at the current Championship table aggregate score for last two years in brackets:

1= Yorkshire Building Society (4)
    1= Black Dyke (4)
    3 Grimethorpe Colliery (UK Coal) (6)
    4 Brighouse & Rastrick (7)
    5 Sellers International (10)
    6 Rothwell Temperance (13)
    7= Hepworth (Persimmon Homes)(14)
    7= Hatfield Band (promoted) (14)
    7= Yorkshire Imps (promoted) (14)
    7= Old Silkstone (promoted) (14)
    11 Carlton Main Frickley Colliery (16)
    12 Stocksbridge(20)
    13 Hade Edge (20.5)
    14 Innovate Skelmanthorpe (22)

11. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Is your band Hebden Bridge and are you the promoted band from 2nd section? If so I can edit my first post to hopefully have the full 1st Section line up.
  12. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Yes it's true, we are down.
    I am pleased to report however, that we have now emerged from an uninspiring spell in the banding wilderness, and our enthusiastic team are enjoying full rehearsals.
    With the talented Keith Wardle once more at the helm the bandroom is humming, and vibrant, and we are looking forward to a happy and positive future.
    - A happy little Wilky !
  13. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

4th section table based on 4barsrest results:

1 Dodworth Miners Welfare Phoenix (7)
    2 Emley (8 )
    3 Crofton Silver (9)
    4 Lofthouse 2000 (10)
    5 Friendly Band (Sowerby Bridge) (12)
    6= Linthwaite (13)
    6= Barnsley Metropolitan (13)
    8 Golcar (15)
    9= Dearne Valley (17)
    9= Innovate Skelmanthorpe B (17)
    11 Thurcroft Welfare (20)

assumed that Garforth Community and Gawthorpe Brass promoted to 3rd section 2006 - not sure who is relegated though Clifton & Lightfoot, Maltby or Armthorpe - Oughtibridge appealed and stay in 3rd.
  14. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

No-one relegated this year from 3 to 4. I think they must be trying to even up the sections,

15. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

3rd section table as follows - sorry not sure who got promoted out of top three - anyone know? Also who got relegated from 2nd Meltham or Frickley/South Elmsall?

Slaithwaite 4 (promoted?)
    Grange Moor 5.5 (promoted ?)
    Dinnington Colliery 6 (promoted ?)

Garforth Community 9
    Gawthorpe Brass 9
    RELEGATED from 2nd ? 9
    RELEGATED from 2nd ? 9
    Armthorpe Elmfield 10.5
    Huddersfield Brass 11
    Gawthorpe Brass '85 12
    Oughtibridge 12.5
    Clifton & Lightcliffe 13
    Maltby Miners Welfare 13
  16. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

OK final draft table for 2nd Section as follows:

1 South Yorkshire Police (8 )
    2 Hebden Bridge (9)
    3 Strata (10)
    4= grange moor (11)
    4= dinnington (11)
    4= Kippax (11)
    4= Wakefield Met (11)
    8 Rockingham (12)
    9 Stanley Newmarket Colliery (14)
    10 Wetherby & District (16)
    11 Meltham & Meltham Mills (17)
    12 Frickley & South Elmsall (18 )

If anyone can clarify the odd relegation/promotions I'll edit each of the tables to correct any errors.
  17. hebden are 1st section next yr, so you can add that on the 1st section list :)

cheers fran, your doin good here, we'll have those full lists completed soon :D
  18. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Yep, I totally agree - you are doing a fantastic job.
    Isn't it a shame though that the Yorkshire Regional Committee ( or whatever they call it !), and all the other Area Committees, can't post the relevant info for all sections either here or on 4br at a given date every year.
    We are in the 21st Century after all !
    I know all band Secs are informed of their bands grading every year, but it would be nice for all us "Cannon Fodder" to know who we are up against before we look over someones shoulder at a programme on the day of the contest !!.
    It's probably easier to locate the WMD or a charismatic leader for the Tories !!!
    Do we ever see any posts on here from anyone actually on the committee, or involved in the administration of probably the most important contest that we participate in annually ?
    If they don't post, I hope they at least log in to keep up to speed with the groundswell of opinion.
    Keep up the good work - it's a really good idea to get us all involved in compiling the lists.
    - Wilky
  19. B'aht a band

B'aht a band Member

Are the following now in 1st section?

11United Coop (21.5)
    13 Innovate Skelmanthorpe (22)

I think Skelmanthorpe stay up, but Co-op are down.

20. makes you wonder why the big brass band sites dont put up an up to date list of who will be in the sections each year, coz after the national finals, theres no excuse, coz they can then work out whos goin to be where